Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Sep 2012 at 10:29 PM Last edited by Sims99Fanatic : 28th Sep 2012 at 12:06 AM.
Default Tutorial on How to Create No Idles
I'd like to start a written only tutorial for creating no idles, since I thought it would be of use to some people and there are so many in-game animations you can get rid of. It doesn't just work on idles, it works on any in-game animation. For the sake of this tutorial I'll just be showing you how to do no plantsim idles. The first one to upload it gets a cookie! (I'm not going to).
  • Step 1. Create a folder -

Create a folder on your desktop, or somewhere where you keep all your sims projects and call it extracted SimPE files (or whatever you like that fits).
  • Step 2. Open the empty animation -

Browse to Program Files (Program Files x86 on Windows 7)/EA Games (Origin Games if you downloaded your games from Origin)/The Sims 2 (Double Deluxe/Base if you own The Sims 2 Double Deluxe)/TSData/Res/Sims3D. Open the file Sims00 in SimPE. At the top of Resource List click "Name" to sort all of the animations by name, and wait for it to catch up. Scroll until you find a-noExpression_anim. Click on that file. Click on plugin view near the bottom if not there already. Copy the name in filename, and paste it to a temporary notepad file.
  • Step 3. Open the Plantsim Idles -

Browse to Program Files (Program Files x86 on Windows 7)/EA Games (Origin Games if you downloaded your games from Origin)/The Sims 2 Seasons/TSData/Res/3D. Open the file Sims00 in SimPE. At the top of Resource List click "Name" to sort all of the animations by name, and wait for it to catch up. Scroll until you find the 3 plantsim idles. They start with a-idle-plantsim.
  • Step 4. Extract and Create a New Package -

When you find the plantsim idles, right click on them, and extract them one by one to your folder you created earlier. At the very top of SimPE do file/close, then file/new. In the blank area under the Resource List right click, and select add. (Note if you don't see a Resource List area, you will need to go into Extra/Preferences/SimPe Settings/Reset Layout.) Add the XML extension files. In the filename, once again in plugin view, paste the empty animation you copied to notepad earlier. At the top of SimPE go to file/Save As and save it to your documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Downloads folder you use to install custom content.
  • Step 5. ???????

Upload it, grab a cup of cocoa, go fishing, have a beer, whatever.