Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 2:14 AM
Default The conversations Sims have
Sometimes it's really fun trying to follow along with the speech bubbles. Sometimes it gets really silly:
Samantha Cordial:: [report card and books]
Gabriel Green: [job promotion]
Samantha Cordial: [public woohoo]

Wait, what?

Another story from another thread (link)
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I love trying to figure out what Sims are talking about from the speech bubbles. For example, Gabe O'Mackey and Jules were at the chess table, and the conversation went from Best Friend > Snow > X-Ray > Stethoscope > Thermometer, and from that I guessed that Gabe was talking about the time his best friend in childhood slipped on the snow. broke his arm, and got a fever from it (which, coincidentally, happened to me when i was seven).

And not my post, but I found it while looking for my other one (link)

Quote: Originally posted by ttowntallyho
Don Lothario went on a date with one of his coworkers. Of course, all the straight women and gay men noticed him. One townie in particular had her eye on him because Don soon queued up "Be Admired" by Sandy Bruty. He thanked her for her admiration, promised to call her, and continued on his date. Sandy then turned to the nearest female and had the following conversation:

Sandy Bruty: Heart fart over Don
Other woman: Heart fart over Don
SB: Heart fart over Don, first woohoo
OW: First woohoo
SB: First woohoo
OW: First woohoo, atomic bomb (from political interests)
SB: atomic bomb, person at podium

Basically, they were talking about how explosive it would be to get busy with Don for the first time. And they joked that it would be so good, they'd hold a press conference on it to let the world know.

So, what weird conversations have your Sims have? What did you make of it?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 3:23 AM
I usually pay attention to pregnancy announcements! After your sim runs for the toilet to puke the first time, the next time they talk to their spouse, the pacifier bubble usually pops up into the conversation.

I really wish that was it's own interaction for Sims 2.

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 3:52 AM
I've posted this before . . . The young boy is NOT his son.

Instead of accusing Ivan Killjoy (adult) of being a pervert, I chose to believe he was trying to be helpful by teaching young Jasper Eaton about the birds & the bees.

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Mad Poster
#4 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 4:00 AM
Maybe he was just so excited about his first woohoo that he had to tell the nearest person. XD
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 4:01 AM
I once had a Sim who, upon having his very first woohoo with his girlfriend, went and randomly told her son about it. While in his underwear.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Alchemist
#6 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 4:16 AM
This is the weirdest one I ever got screencaps of.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 4:44 AM
Usually gossip is about another sims but I caught one who gossiped about himself, that he ressurrected another sim.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 8:52 AM
The undies in the speech bubbles always make me laugh Do they want new undies or do they want to get out of it?
Mad Poster
#9 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 11:33 AM
There is one thing that I wish that the speech bubbles had-marks to define whether or not it's a statement, question or exclamation being uttered.
That way we'd know what kind of talking they're doing.
For example:

"Heart Fart!"
"Woohoo?"
"Handcuffs!"

It would be a fun experience watching that..I know it could be done because the "I'm pregnant?" does have the question mark in it.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#10 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 12:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
It would be a fun experience watching that..I know it could be done because the "I'm pregnant?" does have the question mark in it.

But it's a special icon with the pregnant icon and the question mark. It's not added on separately.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#11 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 1:54 PM
I once had a Sim who, upon having his very first woohoo with his girlfriend, went and randomly told her son about it. While in his underwear.

So ... I'm shagging your ma now ...
Mad Poster
#12 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 3:32 PM
The woohoo ones get me, too. They'll tell anyone at anytime. The postman, the pizza delivery girl, random passersby, no one is safe from the TMI of a sim woohoo. I do especially love the chats they have with their children over breakfast. Yep, me and your ma went at it last night. Or more inappropriately, while mom was out of the house yesterday, I had a little sometime-something with that woman who walks past the house every day.

For the most part I just try to imagine the conversation in general terms.

man:"I like to swim"
woman: "I like fire hydrants"
man: "Ooh, I like fire"
woman, shakes head: "I don't like fire. I like doorknobs"
man nods vigorously.

It cracks me up. I'm a simple soul.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#13 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 4:25 PM
The ones that makes me laugh everytime, is the gossiping ones, too often executed in front of the gossip subject themselves.
I'm right here...
Screenshots

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#14 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 4:29 PM
One of my Sims watched her brother fail at his attempt to get a first kiss and then gossip about it with her husband. Two feet in front of the brother.

Inventor
#15 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 6:34 PM
Whenever my Sim's lovers decide to talk about memories of their dream dates, it irks me somewhat. After all my Sim has had dream dates with both of them over time, and it's surprising to not see jealousy fume from that (although jealousy is not turned on at the moment). Who wouldn't grow envious after hearing their lover was dating somebody else? Maybe they'll leave out key pieces of information to reduce suspicion, but sometimes the beans can be spilled just enough.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 6:39 PM
Hey, they could be reminiscing about their dream dates with your character, for all you know.

Sometimes the conversation bubbles are metaphors. "But when you go there, don't talk about the elephant in the room - pretend you think that's Sandy's nose on the kid." "That's a slippery slope" works for the ski icon. The "curves ahead" traffic sign can mean a lot of things - I don't know what path to follow, She'll lead you astray, It's a long and winding road that leads to your door.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#17 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 6:40 PM
Field Researcher
#18 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 8:49 PM
In dead Megahood, Patricia Wan cheated on Gabe O'Mackey and then told about it to a complete stranger. That's weirdest that comes in mind, not counting inappropriate woohoo conversations.
And am I the only one who tries to understand jokes sims are telling each other?
Inventor
#19 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 9:50 PM
Maybe the Sims know their own line of puns or old phrases/jokes/slang.

Just noticed a Sim make a dirty joke about a crossed out milkshake, some toy blocks and a spatula, while shaking her booty. I guess she likes to toy with men by coaxing them to her backyard with milkshakes so she can cook something else for them.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#20 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 11:38 PM

Scholar
#21 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 1:41 AM
Francis Worthington III decided to talk about woohoo with little Lucy Burb. And everyone thought it was wonderful.

She most of all.

Keep in mind, he was part of the welcome wagon and he had just met all of them.

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Mad Poster
#22 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 3:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kamoodle5
Maybe the Sims know their own line of puns or old phrases/jokes/slang.

Just noticed a Sim make a dirty joke about a crossed out milkshake, some toy blocks and a spatula, while shaking her booty. I guess she likes to toy with men by coaxing them to her backyard with milkshakes so she can cook something else for them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2SZPb7UUtc
Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 3:49 AM
Once I had a Sim practicing a speech, and since he was alone I watched and started making up what he was saying based on the speech bubbles. I was surprised by how much sense it was making! Something about governments giving more money to the police force to lower crime rates...I wish I could remember the bubble sequence and the speech...

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Forum Resident
#24 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 4:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
Once I had a Sim practicing a speech, and since he was alone I watched and started making up what he was saying based on the speech bubbles. I was surprised by how much sense it was making! Something about governments giving more money to the police force to lower crime rates...I wish I could remember the bubble sequence and the speech...

I need to start watching the speech bubbles. The only things that stand out to me when they practice their speech is, "Habla in the nude?" and "He rushed like a toad."

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Mad Poster
#25 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 4:56 AM
I sometimes want to translate the 'interests' they have into words so we could make entire sentences out of their thought bubbles. So far I've failed because context is everything.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Page 1 of 4