Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#26 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 3:15 PM
ollieverm, you'd need to look in the Create section of the site for tutorials on cloning and recolouring objects. Click Create> Sims 3> Tutorials at the top of the page.

MissSkitty, that one may well be repositoried, meaning that several rocks use one texture. Try looking at some of the rock textures in Fullbuild0 and see if recolouring them will change the rock arch.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 4:08 PM
I found it! It's nbhRockBeach in fullbuild2 (in case anyone else has trouble finding it)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#28 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 4:15 PM
Well done, your persistence paid off!
Test Subject
#29 Old 23rd May 2012 at 10:47 AM
Default Heeelp
Sorry I have to ask, I tried your method Lynds but it didn't work I downloaded your snowy trees, but they came to my computer as a 7Z file and I can't open it in S3PE the way you did it (it's like a single file and it can't be opened) .__. and now I don't know what to do? How can I get them in my computer as an openable file and use it's contents in caw?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#30 Old 25th May 2012 at 10:05 AM
Hello,
You just need to unzip the file, then all the files will be in a folder. Here's some info on file compression programs.

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...acking_Idiots_5 (Don't be offended, I was an idiot until I read this, now I must be a genius )

http://ts3cc.forumotion.ca/t288-file-compression-tools
Retired
retired moderator
#31 Old 15th Sep 2012 at 5:01 AM
I prefer a slightly more classic look.

Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  RedToadstoolTree.rar (1.30 MB, 83 downloads) - View custom content

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#32 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 12:50 PM
Great idea, kiwi_tea! Will be good for supernatural worlds! Thanks!
Test Subject
#33 Old 23rd Sep 2012 at 5:47 PM
Default Snowy rabbithole .dds textures for CAW
I actually tried to upload these in the Downloads section of the MTS page. *Facepalm* That's what you get when you are too exited about sharing your own stuff. Now I hope I''ve got to the right place, cause I have a bunch of Rabbithole recolors for you!

So, ever needed a few snowy rabbitholes in your world? Well I made you some sliightly changed textures. Here, take 'em! ;D

These are recolors for the...
- Basegame police station
- Basegame diner
- Basegame hospital
- Basegame theater
- Late Night dimond studio
- Pets bistro (the 3 in 1 rabbithole)
- Pets bookstore/spa
- Pets criminal hideout
- Pets equestrian (works for both the pony- and horse rabbithole)
- Pets school/stadium

I hope you like my very first "upload"!
Varning: the files are quite big, so they might take a while to download. In the PM where I was directed to this thread I was suggested to compress the textures in a .package format, but when I did... they actually turned bigger in 2 out of the 3 times i tried. So, um, you better manage.

Installation:
These textures may be used in a specific custom made world in CAW, and should be installed through S3PE as stated in the beginning of this thread.

Credits:
Photoshop and S3PE was used for all the alterations.
hhh316 at DeviantArt, for one or two of the great seamless textures!
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Ketheira_Basegame_Diner_Snowy.zip (4.48 MB, 73 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip  Ketheira_Basegame_Hospital_Snowy.zip (1.17 MB, 70 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip  Ketheira_Basegame_Police_Snowy.zip (2.61 MB, 72 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip  Ketheira_Basegame_Theater_Snowy.zip (3.80 MB, 83 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip  Ketheira_Nightlife_Studio_Snowy.zip (9.80 MB, 68 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip  Ketheira_Pets_Bistro_Snowy.zip (8.91 MB, 78 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip  Ketheira_Pets_BookstoreSpa_Snowy.zip (2.54 MB, 82 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip  Ketheira_Pets_Criminal_Snowy.zip (1.81 MB, 56 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip  Ketheira_Pets_Equestrian_Snowy.zip (2.84 MB, 60 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip  Ketheira_Pets_ShoolStadium_Snowy.zip (5.97 MB, 54 downloads) - View custom content
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#34 Old 24th Sep 2012 at 6:17 AM
Wow!

Very Nice! Thank you for sharing. Makes me want to go skiing
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#35 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 3:54 AM Last edited by heaven : 12th Jan 2013 at 4:06 AM.
Perhaps I missed a step or did something wrong so I figured I would post here and see. I've got a nice little reference picture I'm working from and really wanted some black bollard fencing. I went ahead and cloned (did not rename/renumber that way it should be default replacement as no resource names or numbers should be changed) of the CAW bollards metal. I exported the image files each to a dds file. I opened with Gimp, changed the color, saved as a new name (perhaps this is where I went wrong), and then imported as described in the original post. I saved and immediately exported my world to test in game. Unfortunately, they still show up as green.

I tried looking at some of the tutorials I've found on -how- to recolor but it appears that all the links go to deleted or removed threads.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#36 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 10:10 AM
You need to keep the original name of the IMG file, otherwise it won't replace the original textures.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#37 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 4:24 PM Last edited by heaven : 12th Jan 2013 at 9:19 PM.
Well, doesn't that make a ton of sense. Off to try it now.

That was definitely it. Makes so much sense in the light of morning, with a cup of coffee in hand. The "fruits" of my labor. The chain links are still there in the black, CAW just didn't like the angle and distance of my camera at that point. If anyone would like the files, they are attached. The files were just desaturated, no brightness or contrast adjustments have been made. Just use the import method in the original post.

Also, um, this may have created a monster. I can't look at a CAW object now without going "Hmmm, you would like so much better for my world like _____". Hence, my next change (which I am still working on) of the covered bridge that came with Supernatural.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  heaven_BollardsBlack.rar (15.0 KB, 104 downloads) - View custom content

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#38 Old 15th Jan 2013 at 1:35 PM
Great work, heaven- I hope we'll see a lot more of your recolours soon, then!
Test Subject
#39 Old 26th Sep 2013 at 8:00 AM
Default France Bridge Recolor
Hey guys! I've done a dark recolor of the french bridge coming with world adventures. I needed a dark, dark, dark bridge for one of my worlds and decided to
try this method out. I hope it's okay to attach the file right here? It's my very first upload.

Original

Recolor

Regards,
Windprinzessin
Attached files:
File Type: rar  WA_France_Bridge_dark.rar (740.1 KB, 95 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Recolor
Test Subject
#40 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 3:34 PM
Default Billboard Replacements
I did a recolor for some of the base game billboards, Champs les sim one replaces the car advertisement and Shang Simla replaces the musician.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  Billboard.7z (430.1 KB, 64 downloads) - View custom content
Instructor
#41 Old 1st Aug 2016 at 9:28 PM Last edited by Crowkeeper : 1st Aug 2016 at 10:17 PM. Reason: adding some more
Default waterfalls, plants and rocks
Hi
I would like to share some of my waterfall recolors + a set of trees and plants in blue/pink shades + set of rocks and crystals + a roof recolor that replaces the green scalloped one
The lava terrain paint in the second picture is by Nilxis
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Firefall.zip (27.8 KB, 43 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip  Magicfall.zip (34.8 KB, 52 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip  Classic waterfall.zip (24.2 KB, 47 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  treesAndPlants.rar (812.2 KB, 49 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  Rocks and crystals.rar (1.50 MB, 51 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  roof.rar (39.5 KB, 34 downloads) - View custom content

Visit my Tumblr for more creations http://crowkeeperthesimmer.tumblr.com :)
Scholar
#42 Old 2nd Aug 2016 at 3:27 AM
Oh, how pretty! Thanks!
Instructor
#43 Old 28th Aug 2016 at 11:33 AM Last edited by Crowkeeper : 5th Sep 2016 at 8:20 PM. Reason: adding new set
Default Plant recolors
More plant recolours

EDIT:
one more set of plant recolours:

EDIT2:
another set:

EDIT3:
another set:D

EDIT4:

Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Mermaidian Flora.rar (106.7 KB, 73 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  The Dusk Realm - Flora.rar (1,019.3 KB, 75 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  Dragon nest - Flora.rar (818.3 KB, 76 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  The meadow.rar (370.2 KB, 102 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  forest.rar (1,011.1 KB, 115 downloads) - View custom content

Visit my Tumblr for more creations http://crowkeeperthesimmer.tumblr.com :)
Page 2 of 2