Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
#17576 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 3:34 AM
I have Fraps as well because I can't prt+screen with my computer. I can't buy the full version so I have to take .bmp screenshots which turn out very large, so I had to download a batch converter (can't remember the name right now) that also compresses the image. My screenshots come out good in quality and size if I don't edit them in Photoshop. Maybe it'll help to change your screen resolution size, mine is 1600x900 iirc, and they don't come out stretched or warped.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17577 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 4:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by suzymarie64
@Phantomknight I got it to work. It's nice to have an employee help me with the harvest and fertilizing, but they don't plant seeds.
Here's a random question. I noticed that my game screenshots are very small and I have it set on the largest image. Is there another way to get a screenshot while I'm in the game?

I am one of those that uses Fraps, just the free one. It takes BMP shots and puts them in a folder, then I change all of them in one go to jpg or png with FastStone, also free. Fast and easy.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#17578 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 4:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
Hm! Maybe I cloned the wrong mesh when I made the non-seasonal ones. I thought I'd fixed all of the ones I had but maybe not.... Thanks for pointing this out! I will check them all.

EDIT: Yup, I must've cloned an un-fixed mesh when I made the non-seasonal ones. DUH! Fixed files are here: https://app.box.com/s/3064ewinxyv3e39ldkuhhbd6vyivh1u0 That should take care of the problem. Just let the fixed files overwrite any of the unfixed ones you have.

Sweet, thanks. *pinches two new horizons I hadn't seen before* Is the grey one you made for islands fixed?
Test Subject
#17579 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 5:25 AM Last edited by ts2pdx : 23rd Feb 2019 at 5:38 AM.
I have some questions if anyone can help me out.

1. What mod removes sims from this screen?
https://imgur.com/a/wNSXWWH

2. I can't get this mod to work, any ideas why?
http://www.modthesims.info/d/545239...halt-roads.html
My roads look like this with the mod installed: https://imgur.com/a/0bBP8L1

(solved 3, turns out my laptop was using the integrated graphics for ts2 and not my 1050ti)

4. The download links for Neighbourhood: Reboot don't work anymore, do any of you have the files?
(SimFileShare is down)
Mad Poster
#17580 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 11:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
The simwardrobe controllers aren't going to change Maxis UI--you aren't going to be able to click on an employee and choose "Be Gardener", for example, if that's what you're looking for..

True. To get the "be gardener" option, you need Pescado's "Business Runs You".

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/f...=ofb%2Fhacks%2F
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17581 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 11:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ts2pdx
I have some questions if anyone can help me out.

1. What mod removes sims from this screen?
https://imgur.com/a/wNSXWWH

2. I can't get this mod to work, any ideas why?
http://www.modthesims.info/d/545239...halt-roads.html
My roads look like this with the mod installed: https://imgur.com/a/0bBP8L1

(solved 3, turns out my laptop was using the integrated graphics for ts2 and not my 1050ti)

4. The download links for Neighbourhood: Reboot don't work anymore, do any of you have the files?
(SimFileShare is down)

1) You would need a default screen. http://modthesims.info/browse.php?t...&gs=1&f=38&gs=1

2) Check that you unzipped it, that you have no other road default, that it's not too deep. test it in a new sims 2 folder.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#17582 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 12:39 PM
I have a problem with a baby car seat that can be moved up and down with the [] keys. If I put it too low to the ground then it goes all dark. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Mad Poster
#17583 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 12:57 PM
^ It's a common issue, as moving most items down below the original level will cause it to think it's below ground, and it will go dark. Best way to fix it is to make sure it's already on ground level from the catalog, so you only have to shift it up to place it.

Is it one of the seats I made? If so, just let me know which and I'll see if I can do something about it.
Lab Assistant
#17584 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 1:03 PM
Is there any way of triggering a Sim to bring a friend home from work or school? Or at least a mod to increase the chances?
Mad Poster
#17585 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 2:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
^ It's a common issue, as moving most items down below the original level will cause it to think it's below ground, and it will go dark. Best way to fix it is to make sure it's already on ground level from the catalog, so you only have to shift it up to place it.

Is it one of the seats I made? If so, just let me know which and I'll see if I can do something about it.

It's this carseat, the AL version. https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/moo...g-al-t1705.html

It comes out of the catalogue at about table height and I was trying to put it on the ground.
Alchemist
#17586 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 2:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
It's this carseat, the AL version. https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/moo...g-al-t1705.html

It comes out of the catalogue at about table height and I was trying to put it on the ground.

Have you tried the OMSPs that let you lower something from one story to another? If that doesn't work, might be possible to add new object placement flags.
Mad Poster
#17587 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 2:36 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 23rd Feb 2019 at 2:47 PM.

It should be fixable, but I'm not sure if I can do a lot of testing to fine-tune it because of my game.
Alchemist
#17588 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 4:13 PM
Is there a way for me to install lots into the Empty Lots section of the Lots and Houses tab, instead of the bin? I want to put Aelflaed's Sunnyside lots there.
Mad Poster
#17589 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 4:17 PM
You mean the section with empty lots? I don't think you can put lots with houses on them, but I think someone put more sizes of empty lots in there, though I can't remember who.
Mad Poster
#17590 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 6:16 PM
Aelflaed's Sunnyside lots are empty lots with no house on them, yet, they appear in the tab * with house*. I was also wondering about this, but then...they have been edited so for the game, it might just be the same as having anything on them. Maybe some settings in SimPE would switch a lot from here to there?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Alchemist
#17591 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 6:21 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 23rd Feb 2019 at 7:08 PM.
Default Which Lighting.txt?
You mean the section with empty lots? I don't think you can put lots with houses on them, but I think someone put more sizes of empty lots in there, though I can't remember who.

If so, that would be useful to see.

Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Aelflaed's Sunnyside lots are empty lots with no house on them, yet, they appear in the tab * with house*. I was also wondering about this, but then...they have been edited so for the game, it might just be the same as having anything on them. Maybe some settings in SimPE would switch a lot from here to there?

Yes, that's what I was wondering. Probably somehow. I'm trying the other method for changing the direction of the light on old lots in the meantime.

-----------New Question-----------

If I want to change my lighting.txt with this http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...hp?topic=8076.5
do I change the one in Pets or Uni or what? The three in University life are dated last but I'm not sure they are right. There are 18 lighting.txt files in the UC. In the original readme, Hook said to put it in Seasons, but that was in 2007. Is that still correct or do I need the most recent?

EDIT: I figured this out. It still goes in Seasons because it's just changing the one small thing that is in that file. Works great and it's way cool.
Scholar
#17592 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 7:14 PM
Quote:
I have never heard of this issue, and don't believe it to be a problem but if you are really worried about it, just unassign them. Or delete/sell them before they die. Can anyone else weigh in?

I also never heard of it, but I play witches rarely and want to be on a safe side. I'll just make them to abandon their stuff. Thanks
Instructor
#17593 Old 24th Feb 2019 at 9:06 AM
Is safe to remove the orphan found using the orphan scan in the Download Organiser? In the list it gave me there were also meshes and default replacements, not sure if it's normal...
Alchemist
#17594 Old 24th Feb 2019 at 9:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine

Back when the Sunnyside lots were made, as far as I remember, Mootilda was not able to find a way to create new lot templates...which is what I think you are aiming at. We did talk about it, Similarly, Moo’s smaller beach lots are empty-but-saved lots, not templates.

Whenever I start a hood, I tend to install a small selection of empty mini lots and mini beach lots, ready for use. I also use the LotAdjuster extensively. It was released slightly after my Sunnyside lots, but unlike those pre-saved lots, adjusting your lots ‘in situ’ means the whole Sunnyside problem does not arise. And I can build closer to the lot edges as well.

Maybe clever people might be able to figure a way to make new lot templates by now.
Mad Poster
#17595 Old 24th Feb 2019 at 1:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DrewInTheSky
Is safe to remove the orphan found using the orphan scan in the Download Organiser? In the list it gave me there were also meshes and default replacements, not sure if it's normal...

Safe? Yes. Guaranteed to do what you want flawlessly? No.
Don't just delete the flagged orphans. Move them to a folder where the game can't access them, and then check through Bodyshop and the Catalogs to see if anything's gone wonky. Orphan meshes should mean that you've got meshes that have no textures; orphan defaults should mean that some element of the default is missing and it's not actually defaulting anyhow. The Organiser sometimes gets false positives, which means that wholesale deletion could break things that are working. I've had this happen, and it can be a pain in the neck tracking down and replacing things that were working before and aren't now. Having the old files on hand will save you a lot of trouble in such a case.
Once you've determined that everything left in your new folder is an actual orphan, then you can go ahead and delete everything in it.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Undead Molten Llama
#17596 Old 24th Feb 2019 at 3:30 PM
Sweet, thanks. *pinches two new horizons I hadn't seen before* Is the grey one you made for islands fixed?

Nope, because I am apparently an idiot. *laugh* Derpitty derp derp derp. Since SFS is back, I updated the original file, so redownload here and let the new file overwrite the old.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Alchemist
#17597 Old 24th Feb 2019 at 4:44 PM
Is there a simple tutorial for making a deco version of an object? I feel like it should be simple but the object creation tutorials get complicated quickly. I was thinking to just extract a soda cup with straw from the functioning soda machine to put on the table for deco where the machine is used. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=199349.
Mad Poster
#17598 Old 24th Feb 2019 at 5:30 PM
^
Extract the mesh and texture from whatever object you want to make deco (extract OBJ and PNG)
Optional, sometimes neccessary: Do changes to the mesh in a meshing program, export it as OBJ.
Clone a deco object.
Give it a new GUID
Replace mesh ("import" mesh, make sure advanced mode is on in the Properties)
Replace texture (use DXT3 or 5)
Change description (so you find the object ingame)
Save.

That's the extrememly short version, anyway. There's also other things you may want to change, but this is the bare minimum.

Optional:
- Change price, placement and various other things in the OBJD
- Changes to the TXMT

You should be able to use "any" tutorial that shows how to make a new object. I think there's a tutorial on making a table here on MTS - only big difference is that you clone a deco object instead of a table.
Instructor
#17599 Old 24th Feb 2019 at 6:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Safe? Yes. Guaranteed to do what you want flawlessly? No.
Don't just delete the flagged orphans. Move them to a folder where the game can't access them, and then check through Bodyshop and the Catalogs to see if anything's gone wonky. Orphan meshes should mean that you've got meshes that have no textures; orphan defaults should mean that some element of the default is missing and it's not actually defaulting anyhow. The Organiser sometimes gets false positives, which means that wholesale deletion could break things that are working. I've had this happen, and it can be a pain in the neck tracking down and replacing things that were working before and aren't now. Having the old files on hand will save you a lot of trouble in such a case.
Once you've determined that everything left in your new folder is an actual orphan, then you can go ahead and delete everything in it.

Exactely what I thought, that's what I meant to check with you guys before doing anything! The problem is that I'll have to check almost the whole catalog and hope nothing is missing...
Thank you so much for the explanation!
Alchemist
#17600 Old 24th Feb 2019 at 6:57 PM
^
Extract the mesh and texture from whatever object you want to make deco (extract OBJ and PNG)
Optional, sometimes neccessary: Do changes to the mesh in a meshing program, export it as OBJ.
Clone a deco object.
Give it a new GUID
Replace mesh ("import" mesh, make sure advanced mode is on in the Properties)
Replace texture (use DXT3 or 5)
Change description (so you find the object ingame)
Save.

That's the extrememly short version, anyway. There's also other things you may want to change, but this is the bare minimum.

Optional:
- Change price, placement and various other things in the OBJD
- Changes to the TXMT

You should be able to use "any" tutorial that shows how to make a new object. I think there's a tutorial on making a table here on MTS - only big difference is that you clone a deco object instead of a table.

I'm not sure which is the mesh and I'm not sure which files to bring back in when it extracts more than one type. Also would like to know what I can delete that isn't needed, but different question, I guess.
Page 704 of 1339