Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Feb 2009 at 4:44 PM Last edited by guatla : 8th Feb 2009 at 4:00 AM.
white patches
I have a ploblem, well, in really
It is not my problem...
It is about "art nouveau living set", i have received a incidence with patches white in some meshes.
I said tath updating graphic card, but patches don´t disappear.
I don´t see patches and no all people have this problem
Can i upload here some tests?
I do not see patches, it is likely that these tests have spots.
I think that is not good idea update main thread.
the old meshes have less faces, if you don´t see patches, the old meshes are better...
sorry , my english is so bad...
Attached files:
File Type: rar  ArtNouveauloveseattest.rar (139.5 KB, 2 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  branch_almond_test.rar (131.3 KB, 2 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 5th Feb 2009 at 5:47 PM
Have downloaded and will test them now. Thank you so much for these!
Field Researcher
#3 Old 5th Feb 2009 at 6:25 PM
The dressing table still has several white patches (will add a pic later, if I'm able). The loveseat and almond branch are now *perfect* with no white patches - absolutely beautiful!

You are wonderful for fixing them. I'm really sorry if I've caused you any problems. Thank you, thank you, Guatla!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 6th Feb 2009 at 10:23 AM
Buggybooz,
That's exactly the sort of problem I told Guatla that I thought I was having! I have a NVidia GeForce 8500 GT with the latest drivers.

Guatla,
Please don't think you have to fix this just for me (no one else seems to be having a problem at all). Instead, maybe you could put a tiny note on the original download page indicating that you've had a report that the dressing table shows small white patches on an NVidia GeForce 8500 GT on Vista? It's not your fault that I have a lousy graphics card!

~Scarletwings~
Field Researcher
#5 Old 6th Feb 2009 at 10:29 AM
Oh! I tried all yesterday to get the pic uploaded and it did not work, but it just went through. Here is what I am seeing:

But, again, I'd suggest you just add a note to the download. I don't want you to go through any trouble on my account, Guatla.

Thanks again.

~Scarletwings~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Feb 2009 at 11:11 AM Last edited by guatla : 6th Feb 2009 at 1:16 PM.
I started this because if a person has this problem, there will been more people with the same problem, surely...
other dressing table test
Attached files:
File Type: rar  ArtNouveauboudoir_rec_test2.rar (500.5 KB, 1 downloads) - View custom content
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Feb 2009 at 11:18 AM
I had a similar problem with white paches, but updating the graphic card and i don´t see more patches... I have a ATI radeon 9500, It´s a "old" graphic
Field Researcher
#8 Old 6th Feb 2009 at 2:18 PM
Ta, Guatla. I'm off to test it now.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 6th Feb 2009 at 2:26 PM
PERFECT! Not a white patch to be seen, anywhere on the dressing table. Absolutely beautiful. Thanks for fixing it, Guatla. I'm one step closer to getting my dream in-game Gaudi-style house.

Field Researcher
#10 Old 6th Feb 2009 at 2:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by buggybooz
Thats interesting and starting to confirm my suspicions about ATI and Nvidia GeForce cards. (I know someone with a similar problem but a completely different object).

I think there has to be more research into which cards exactly are affected by the problem (it may only be one or two Nvidia's) and what combination of parameters will cause it. Unless its causing concern for a large number of users I think its best not to say anything yet since it is only conjecture for the time being and may well not be the problem at all.

PS, scarletwings, your pictures look like they were taken outside. What does the object look like in a house? Any different?

Nice to know I'm not alone with such problems. What's the other object? I'd be happy to try it on mine to see if it's the same thing going wrong. Or, to help identify what is going wrong with graphics cards like mine.

I don't know what Guatla did, but the dressing table is now fixed. I thought this graphics card was really amazing when I first got it, last year, but I did upgrade from a tiny old card, so *anything* would seem better. It's so disappointing to learn there are problems like this with it...

It didn't make any difference whether it was inside or out, artificial lighting or not, and none of the graphics settings (shadows, etc) made any difference. But, now it is *perfect*. Hurrah!

~Scarletwings~
(a very happy lab rat)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 6th Feb 2009 at 3:19 PM Last edited by guatla : 6th Feb 2009 at 3:31 PM.
With regard to the brightness (depending on which graphics card are bright or white Patches). I have solved by changing the import format to Simpe.
I think this is a problem of translation of the smoothing gruops ... (normals)
I use .obj format, usualy,but i think that I will changed to .smd, it´s a better translator of the smoothing gruops.

scarletwings:
Good luck with your Gaudi house...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 6th Feb 2009 at 8:15 PM
It seems that the problem is solved ...
But I am not sure to update in the main thread of "art nouveau living "... all people have not the problem, and sometimes this problen will solved to updating the card driver...
And put new files can be confusing (like my english, confusing),
A Text like:
If you see white patches, and this does not fix updated graphic card driver:
download this
If you have not ploblen: do not touch!!!
Graphic card with problems: NVidia GeForce 8500 GT,
If you have other graphic card, but you have a problem with white paches please tell me...

Can help me to do a understandable Text?
#13 Old 6th Feb 2009 at 8:51 PM
"One user has reported issues with white patches showing up on the love seat, almond branch, and dressing table. If you have this problem, please try the alternate versions. If you are not having this problem, no redownload is needed. If you still get white patches with the alternate version, please tell me, including what graphic card you are using."

Will that serve? Does anyone else have any better wordings?

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 7th Feb 2009 at 12:50 AM
Thanks very much, And I hope that people read before downloading...
#15 Old 7th Feb 2009 at 4:55 PM
De nada. Glad to be of assistance. Oh, and you should also add "Please be sure you have the latest drivers for your graphics card before reporting."

This Space Intentionally Left Blank