Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#276 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 4:44 PM
well, let me introduce you to my sims...

so I decided to recreate almost entire unused hairstyle, as you can see, i manage to do it!
Screenshots
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#277 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 5:43 PM
@spendel Love them! Are you sharing them anywhere? What about uploading here?
Test Subject
#278 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 9:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
@spendel Love them! Are you sharing them anywhere? What about uploading here?

yeah yeah sure, I'll let you know when its done!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#279 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 4:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by spendel
yeah yeah sure, I'll let you know when its done!

Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#280 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 3:42 AM
Alrighty. I'm back with another passion project in my College Campus-town.

Speaking of Campustown, here's a hookah lounge I came up with for the campus' bar section of town (because let's be honest, the bar life is an integral part of the college experience). Warning for the underage: tobacco and alcohol references within.

Space Pony
#281 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 4:21 AM
Looks very nice For those who have zero lag as I assume you are?

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
Lab Assistant
#282 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 4:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kukamuukaanmuka
Looks very nice For those who have zero lag as I assume you are?

Lag isn't an issue so much as intermittent crashes. I give the game as much memory as I can and sometimes, it still just decides to heave up and crash.

I can't imagine how it'd behave with Sims in the mix. XD
Lab Assistant
#283 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 5:01 PM
I've been making my first steps into meshing recently, editing afbodypolkadotminidress into a lolita dress, something really simple to start with to learn the basics. I'm currently in the middle of retexturing it then I'll be sharing o(^â—‡^)o
Screenshots
Instructor
#284 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 1:13 PM
Been doing a lot of reading of niol, Numenor, and pixellhate posts, and they got me intrigued by the idea of making a transparent custom wall. So in predictable dARE fashion, I dropped everything else and decided to tackle the challenge. Taught myself (finally!) how to use the search functions in SimPE and, after a couple days of trials, I was able to come up with this:

There's a lot of work to be done, but I think I'm on the right track. The walls are actually supposed to look like the blue wallpaper that I stuck on the house but, you know, transparent. At least I fulfilled a long-time want - glass walled sauna!

Screenshots
Mad Poster
#285 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 1:24 PM
Are they supposed to be almost invisible? If not, you may want to do some changes in the TXTR/TXMT to put in a little bit more visibility for the walls. Other than that, good work!
Instructor
#286 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 2:15 PM
They're supposed to be blue. Still LOTS of work to be done. I'm just excited that I actually got any transparent wall to show, after reading 12 years' worth of posts that say it can't be done.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#287 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 7:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by d4RE
Been doing a lot of reading of niol, Numenor, and pixellhate posts, and they got me intrigued by the idea of making a transparent custom wall.

Wow, great work!
Instructor
#288 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 9:04 PM Last edited by d4RE : 25th Jun 2018 at 8:30 PM. Reason: update status of stair project
Been a busy boy this week, SIMS2-wise. Fairly sure why that wall isn't working yet, so it's set aside while I wait for a solution to pop up in the back of my mind. Turned back to unfinished projects, chiefly this modular stair set:

Modular stairs that change rail shapes. Finally got the bugs out this morning that were keeping it from working how I want. Now I'm adding color choices. So far I have two wood colors and two glass colors, shown in the pic. Took 120 MMATS! I'm hoping to add two more wood and two more glass colors, bringing the MMAT total to 384, if my calculations are correct.

Working on the glass wall led to an unexpected epiphany on another problem I've been having - how to keep snow off inner windowsills but still fall on the outer parts. I originally intended to clone some awnings and make them invisible to make this happen, after lots of experiments with floor tiles and awnings, but... can't clone awnings. Experimenting tonight, and, if it works like I'm hoping, will be able to get back on the Bay window project I've been "working on" for the past year and a half.

The stairs are now available for download here , if anyone wants to try them out.
Screenshots
Scholar
#289 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 12:45 AM
I've gotten back to doing 3D meshing after a time off of doing so. I'm working on a version of the Tim Drake Robin uniform. My biggest challenge will be the cape mesh, and figuring out how to make it work. So far, here's the work-in-progress:

Screenshots

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Top Secret Researcher
#290 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 7:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by d4RE
They're supposed to be blue. Still LOTS of work to be done. I'm just excited that I actually got any transparent wall to show, after reading 12 years' worth of posts that say it can't be done.

I really like them the way they are now so transparant. I guess you won't share them that way?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Mad Poster
#291 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 2:02 AM
A tiny sample of the 907 (906, really - I made one of the pants a while ago but there's now matching ones for the other ages) tees and pants I've been working on lately, yet one of my "I'm just going to make a few" recoloring projects that out of nowhere turn into over 900 clothing items. There's around 140-150 different designs of tees, and roughly 55 different pants, for CF/M, TF/M and AF/M (most are repo'd so they don't take up too much space, just 60 MB or so...).

Why so many? I obviously spent too much time googling for designs and digging through the pattern/logo folders I've hoarded over the past few years...:/

Mad Poster
#292 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 4:08 AM
That's something that puts me off downloading something. About ten recolours is my happy number lol.
Mad Poster
#293 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 11:44 AM
Not sure if I'll upload all of them, though. And probably not all in one go.
Instructor
#294 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 11:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
I really like them the way they are now so transparant. I guess you won't share them that way?

If they worked, I'd share them, but there's two problems: 1. They have no thickness. 2. The transparency and mask layers are in the wrong order - (I need the transparency OVER the mask - then, recolors will show, and people can make wallpapers to put on these walls with actual working transparencies.

Not to worry, though - I think I've got the layer thing worked out already. Just need to get it to work with standard thickness.
Test Subject
#295 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 6:47 AM
Default im back!
Here is another finished project!
Screenshots
Instructor
#296 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 11:46 AM
They look great! I really hope they'll be available for download, I always wanted to have beta/unused hair in my game!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#297 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 11:56 AM
@spendel They look great! :lovestruc
Alchemist
#298 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 7:26 PM
project is hairs?
Top Secret Researcher
#299 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 11:36 PM
Yeah, he's been doing that one for a long time, and I'm glad to see it finished. I personally really like the beehive and hairs with bangs, because they have crisp textures :D
Scholar
#300 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 6:13 AM
Slight update to the Robin Tim Drake uniform. Now has gloves and boots. I also fixed the cape, and works better than the previous version (though there may still be tweaking necessary to fix it). Click the spoiler button below to see the image detail:

Screenshots

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Page 12 of 22