Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 9th Apr 2005 at 7:40 PM
The site, basically, feels like i'm in a traffic jam lol....I have DSL too....I feel bad for those on dialup right now....images are loading slow and sometimes not at all....pages are loading slow at times....downloading files is slow and sometimes I get a busy or broken server page....ths is the past 2 days....just wanted to let you all know
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 9th Apr 2005 at 7:55 PM
Im Getting The Same Here. And Im On Cable. And A T1 At Work. ..
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#53 Old 9th Apr 2005 at 9:46 PM
Pages with thumbnails and downloads WILL be slow to load.

General browsing should be quicker.

Just make SURE you are using http://www.modthesims2.com/ and NOT http://modthesims2.com/
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 9th Apr 2005 at 10:57 PM Last edited by Delphy : 11th Apr 2005 at 2:43 PM.
Well, I haven't visited this site in like a week, so today when I came here it was EXTREMELY slow for me the first time I came, then the second it worked a little bit faster, and the third time it went as slow as the second time - no improvement. I would say however, that it is slower than it used to be.

Also Delphy, there is some kind of bug in the CSS. In the bottom left corner, right below the "All times are ______. The time now is _________." and right above the blue bar with the "Contact Us," "Archive," and "Top" links and the navigation drop-down box, there is

And I guess I was right *cough* about the ***April Fools JOKE*** *cough* Hehehehe..... "I told you so!"
#55 Old 10th Apr 2005 at 4:46 AM
I couldn't get on at all yesterday or the day before. I use cable modem and the latest mozilla foxfire. Tonight I got on with no problems at all. Maybe it was just the last couple of days getting the kinks out, and prolly everyone trying to connect at once during prime hours. I'm just glad I can log on again. I love this site, it's the best out of all of them, and I even have a paid year subscription at another site. I'm definately donating to this fine administration come the next pay day. Good work ppl!
Test Subject
#56 Old 10th Apr 2005 at 11:58 AM
I was also experiencing slowness, then realized that it was because of the bookmark I was using. Once I updated it, it's the fastest I've ever seen.

However, since the upgrade, I've been having a lot of troubles with thread subscriptions. It says that I'm subscribed to 10 individual threads and I'm supposed to get instant notification of replies, however, I'm not getting any. I also have subscriptions for the download sections, but only one of them is actually working and I'm getting 2 or 3 copies of that same update.
Instructor
#57 Old 10th Apr 2005 at 12:38 PM
I have a skin to upload I'm working hard on it and would like to have more people giving opinion and suggesting improvement. The skin is 4MB big and cannot upload at all. I tried 4 times and nothing happens, waited for more than 10 minutes but freezes all the time.
The skin I'm working is about "Muscles". It is a paint work but is placed on a way that Sims seems to get a musculous body when they get enough body points.
I got already some visual results in my game, but I suppose more talented people could get it better.
I thought about uploading only a picture of the skin once it is the only that really uploads, but I know it will be rejected due to missing files.
Test Subject
#58 Old 10th Apr 2005 at 12:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Brasstex
I have the same problem, in fact I can't view any attachments (file or pic)... I've had a hard time staying connected as well, connection refused or timed out. Love the speed with which the pages load though, it's very fast! I'm not really complaining, I love the site, but just thought I'd mention this.

Brasstex

This is happening to me also. Thought it was just my crappy dial up slowing it, but can't download at all at mo (or could be me, being a bit obtuse...). Veeery frustrating. :werd:
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#59 Old 10th Apr 2005 at 3:09 PM
Please make sure you are all using http://www.modthesims2.com/ and not http://modthesims2.com/ or http://72.9.230.162/

Thanks
Delphy
Instructor
#60 Old 10th Apr 2005 at 4:31 PM
Some pages, like the first page and the forums page, take forever to load. Others such as the downloads pages load relatively quickly. Downloads don't work for me yet. Very strange. I haven't been able to get on this site for days because whenever I click on it the page doesn't even load! It just says "done" at the bottom of the screen and it's still my browser homepage... thought the site had gone down for good or something.
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 10th Apr 2005 at 5:24 PM Last edited by simsjeanie : 10th Apr 2005 at 5:30 PM.
No complain - just reporting:
When I first "discovered" this side, it was the fastest side I visited.
Because I really love this side, I still visit it - having the newspaper right beside me.
Loading: time enough to read the 120 lines of the first article. New side - long thinking which side to chose!! because of the time it needs to show up - the next article. Oh, wow, boblishman's new stuff *dropsofgreeddroppingoutofthewrinkleofmymouth* - I really want to have it, even if there is enough time to know everything about all the movies to come next thursday. . . (one whole side of the newspaper!) only to have the download"window" pop up (btw: the download itself then is as fast as before).
I tried other websides, because I thought it's my computer. But all the other sides are as fast (or slow) as before. But none as slow as this one.
I have dsl (t-online) too, no firefox, using antivir. I saw in an answer above nearly the same combination. Perhaps it's just that special thing, that won't go together well with this side.
Rather sad. . .
PS: I changed my "favorites" to www. etc., I logged out, deleted my cookies. Nothing helped.
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 10th Apr 2005 at 5:30 PM
Right after the new server was installed, this site was running well, faster than I've ever seen it. Shortly thereafter it began to deteriorate. It's now so slow that it is practically unnavigable.

I'm on cable, using the correct URL and other sites are loading at their usual speedy rate.

Something is seriously wrong here.

Best,
Doc
Test Subject
#63 Old 10th Apr 2005 at 6:34 PM
I'm having problems downloading. I either get a message stating that I must be logged in( which I am) or when the download box comes up it says to open the file with internet explorer
Test Subject
#64 Old 10th Apr 2005 at 7:39 PM
I don't have any problems with the pages loading and I'm on dialup at 56k. Had problems tho a few days ago with "website not responding" but I know you were working on the site at that time. I haven't tried to download anything except for MikeInside's houses and they downloaded quite quickly. Just thought I'd give you my input too.
#65 Old 10th Apr 2005 at 9:48 PM
everything's faster a nd stuff but everytime I try to download a file, it opens up with WinRAR and says that the files are corrupt.
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 10th Apr 2005 at 10:48 PM
Thanks Delphy browsing is faster but images are slower to load but if i need an image i open it and go do something else so it doesnt matter.

overall the text is faster.

Thanks

-shameless-
Field Researcher
#67 Old 10th Apr 2005 at 10:49 PM
I haven't had any problems. Was slow the first two days after but it's fine. loads faster in general. Uploading is faster (but there haven't been any new downloads except in meshes for almost a week now.. "cough" so I see traiffic has slowed down quite a bit..
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 11th Apr 2005 at 1:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SueT
I can't seem to download, says I have to register, but I am already registered. Guess I just have to wait it out. Also the pics aren't showing up for me either.

I just read a little earlier that a new server has been installed and some things are in the midst of being rerouted and such and that downloads are to be expected to either be slow or down all together for the immediate future. It seems they're working on it as we are online..
Test Subject
#69 Old 11th Apr 2005 at 1:38 AM
delphy when i got o .. http://www.modthesims2.com/ this is what i get ..
There is no website configured at this address.

You are seeing this page because there is nothing configured for the site you have requested. If you think you are seeing this page in error, please contact the site administrator or datacenter responsible for this site.

no matter how many times i refresh or anything .. the only way for me to get into the site at all is to click the links to subforums that i get posts from .. it's no big deal really as long as i can get it .. but .. it 's weird.. no?? ..it's up and down for me with being slow and fast.. been slow the last 2 days ..
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 11th Apr 2005 at 6:25 AM
i'm having to problems with avators, downloads, images and so on
but this is a problem that will coucore

no ears
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 11th Apr 2005 at 9:16 AM
I forgot to add I am on Firefox 1.0.2 and its slow and on IE ~ I only get page cannot be displayed on every bookmarked url for the forum.
Test Subject
#72 Old 11th Apr 2005 at 9:19 AM
When will the avators hosted in other sites show again?
Field Researcher
#73 Old 11th Apr 2005 at 9:48 AM
check your profile. I found that mine had simply been reset, so I just check use custom avatar again....
Test Subject
#74 Old 11th Apr 2005 at 10:10 AM
Thanks for the reply TLMeyn :yippee:
By the way Delphy, the site is fast again (and the images actualy load). Thanks for your hard work.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#75 Old 11th Apr 2005 at 12:21 PM
Thanks for the good comments
Page 3 of 4