Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 1:32 AM
Default Broken Link
Hi there. Your site is da bomb. Thank you. Please fix attached files for the "ethnically beautiful hair" by Nubiandoll. Can't get 'em to download. :blah: :blah:
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 2:54 AM Last edited by darkraven1753 : 8th Apr 2005 at 1:46 PM. Reason: Next morning update
The site always worked great for me in the past. I never noticed that it was slow at all before now.

Now it loads at a snail's pace if it loads for me at all. I haven't tried to download anything since it's taking so long just to browse the forums and the pics won't load.

I don't think it's my computer since I've been to all of the other sites I frequent with no problems tonight. I do just have a dial-up connection, though. Maybe that's it.

I really hope it can be fixed because I can't use the site at all like this.

EDIT: I came back on this morning and I can browse the forums okay now. Most of the pages load super fast, but some still kind of get stuck and take a long time. The thumbnails for downloads are showing up for me now, but still take a while...nothing I can't live with. Happily, I seem to be able to download things just fine!

Maybe I was just on last night at a high traffic time?

Anyway, thanks for working on improving the site. My Sims and I couldn't stand to live without it!
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 3:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TLMeyn
just curious.. I uploaded some things.. probably the same day you began the upgrade... on the 4th or maybe even the 5th, so I was wondering if I should re-submit them or just wait.....?

I'm curious about this as well, because I also submitted a Sim about four hours before the upgrade happened. I don't believe the upgrade would have effected submitted uploads, but never hurts to ask.
Test Subject
#29 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 3:29 AM
The site definitely seems to load faster, despite Comcast's obvious hatred for me. I also submitted something to the skin/genetics forum several days ago, I believe before the update too. I still haven't heard anything about them so I'm wondering if i need to resubmit as well.
Test Subject
#30 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 5:20 AM
I have been experiencing all these problems (slow load times, undownloadable attachments and pic not loading) though, funnily enough, it's only been happening with the Firefox browser. When I switched back it IE, everything has been working fine, a little slower than usual, but nothing terrible.
Scholar
#31 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 9:12 AM
i still got the notice that i wasn't logged in this morning but entered my details on the off chance and that seemed to work this time and i was able to download something

i hav efirefox so maybe that is the problem for some of us as mastershake suggests
Administrator of Loverat's Tea and Underpants
#32 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 10:21 AM
None of the uploads would have been lost in the upgrade. Fear not.

RG
Field Researcher
#33 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 2:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
I've upgraded vBulletin to 3.0.7 and reinstated many of the hacks we used to have.

If you see anything not working now that you used to have, let me know.

Regards,
Delphy

PS I know about the custom avatar problem.

Delphy.......not sure if it was intentional or not but we have lost the data at the bottom of each page telling us the speed of page generation.......also, it is faster than it was when we spoke in the Live Chat but it is still slow and the speed of downloads is horrible....I downloaded a couple of small files last night and it was downloading at 5 to 6mb..........

Not complaining......just observing

Regards
tug

If you can read this, thank a Teacher.......if you are reading it in English, thank a Veteran
Download the InSIMenator at http://www.insimenator.net
Faster kill pussycat
#34 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 4:52 PM
Grease lightning!
WOW never been soooo fast!
nova
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#35 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 5:08 PM
I've yet to put back in microstats.

As for speed of downloads - this should be improving soon
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 7:24 PM
Everything is much ssslllloooowwwweeeeerrrrr nnnooowwww!!! It takes forever for pages to load and sign in and I have super fast cable internet. I may aassss wwweellll ggggoooo bbbbaaaccckkkkk tttttooooo dddddaaaiiiiiiilllll uuuuppppp iiiiinnnnntttteeeerrrrrrnnnnneeeetttttt!
Instructor
#37 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 8:38 PM Last edited by jacciinatl : 8th Apr 2005 at 8:42 PM. Reason: mispelling
Hey Delphy, Great site and great work. I have been feening for the site lately. So Yay !!!!!!! its back .DL's are slow and so are pictures attached ones I mean , but you already said they would be and that you are working on it so I'll wait. Again I would love to say :howdy: Hats off to you. I love this site and hardly ever go to the Maxis one.
Banned
#38 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 8:46 PM
Well, before the upgrade I never had problems going through the forums, it wasn't so slow as to bother me. But now, it's even slower, I wait a minute or more for one page of a thread to load, maybe it's just the U.S. people that's hitting this server that's getting the way slower load time.
Scholar
#39 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 10:48 PM
S

L

O

W

for me too, slowest it's *ever* been, and I have a cable modem. Tried deleting cookies, refreshing browser and page, re-logged in, still has not helped. For some strange reason though, it seems that the people with faster connections are the ones with problems, while those with slower connections are "sweet"...must be old Murphy acting up again... sigh...
Field Researcher
#40 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 10:50 PM Last edited by YesPlease : 8th Apr 2005 at 10:53 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by slutbaby
i still got the notice that i wasn't logged in this morning but entered my details on the off chance and that seemed to work this time and i was able to download something

i hav efirefox so maybe that is the problem for some of us as mastershake suggests

Firefox has been giving me problems, as well - lot's of "timeouts". But overall, the site navigates much faster for me - I have a cable connection.

EDIT

Ok, it's very fast when I open a page in a new tab, but not when I try to open a page in a new window...

If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. ~ Katharine Hepburn
Test Subject
#41 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 11:30 PM
Another here experiencing longer load times. In fact every server upgrade has gotten worse for my location. Oh well
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 9th Apr 2005 at 1:46 AM
Its just so slow to do anything and downloading for me is almost impossible ~ I have DSL. Oh well hope it can be fixed soon as I love it in here.
Test Subject
#43 Old 9th Apr 2005 at 4:23 AM
Downloads and attachments are back for registered members ONLY until I can work on an alternative solution.

No-hooo!!! :weep:
Faster kill pussycat
#44 Old 9th Apr 2005 at 7:24 AM Last edited by nova-storm : 9th Apr 2005 at 7:26 AM.
Downloads and attachments are back for registered members ONLY until I can work on an alternative solution.

Hi delphy
I know you are working hard on this but I wanted to let you know that for me a some other ppl we can not upload files or Pics. there is no manage attachments area. and I no of One person (ROTFLMFA0) is her name. Under her posting rules it says "May NOT post attatchments." Any idea why? :confused: I hope I am not bugging you with this I am sure you are aware of it BUT if you were not you are now
thanks Nova

Now I'm not looking for absolution. Forgiveness for the things I do. But before you come to any conclusions. Try walking in my shoes. You'll stumble in my footsteps.
Test Subject
#45 Old 9th Apr 2005 at 8:23 AM
the site is the fastests it has been in a long time. i just want to say i think u guys are the best on the web for your creations and general help on the sims 2 . i dont post too much on the websitr but i do go here brfore i visit other sites u all have really helped me out on some of my problems that i see posted from other members the solutions nearly always works too! thank you.
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 9th Apr 2005 at 11:13 AM
I just tried to post my latest experiences with the new MTS2 and this ***** computer here when IE told me it had to close and everything I typed was lost. That's just a new one in my series of problems with some sites - MTS2 being one of them :weep: - and the computer here. It's not mine, since my hdd crashed and I'm not at home anyway, and I have no idea why some sites are slower than with a 56 k modem. I tried a speed test for the ADSL connection here, and the results weren't really surprising, it's much too slow.

This problem only appears with some websites, and I'm not able to figure out why. For MTS2, threads take like forever to load, and I just get a strange 'white' version without any smilies or pics (even after I'm logged in). I can't open a second browser window at all. :banghead: I disabled the firewall and reloaded the site (after cleaning the cache), still the same. I think the problem is computer related and this site is running great (from what I read it has to be much faster). Help would be appreciated, I can't visit some of my fav sites (MTS2 being one of them) for days now :weep: (computer stats: winxp sp2, zonealarm, antivir and t-online 4.0 using IE 6.0 - I think one of these is the reason for my problems).

So much about me :D, just one of the thousands of users, so don't worry about me, just keep up the good work, and one day I'll be back with my computer, then I will be able to enjoy the great improvements. :gidea:

"If you wanna be one of the non-conformists, all you have to do is dress just like us and listen to the same music we do."
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 9th Apr 2005 at 12:36 PM
Hello! I'm a member and I can't download anything. Just wanted to let you know that it's not just non-member ppl.
Test Subject
#48 Old 9th Apr 2005 at 3:59 PM
Slow does not begin to describe it. Something is very, very wrong on your server.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 9th Apr 2005 at 4:30 PM
I'm using Firefox ver. 1.0.1 with a cabled connection and I have little to no slowdown. I have about six tabs open generally with MTS2 open on each, and all work with the same speed. I do have the occassional issue where a page will time out, but it's barely noticable. I also noticed it takes a bit longer for threads with picture attachments to load, including the Downloads forums with the thumbnails. Nothing huge though.

:bow: Good job on my end.
Test Subject
#50 Old 9th Apr 2005 at 4:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SueT
I can't seem to download, says I have to register, but I am already registered. Guess I just have to wait it out. Also the pics aren't showing up for me either.

me too :weep: :weep: :weep:
Page 2 of 4