Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Nov 2015 at 8:33 PM
Default CAW-beta has crashe!
Hello,

After a new patch, my CAW has come up with this message:

Attempted to read or write protected memory. This often indication that other memory is corrupt.

If anyone could help me I'd be greatful.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 26th Nov 2015 at 8:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kira969
Hello,

After a new patch, my CAW has come up with this message:

Attempted to read or write protected memory. This often indication that other memory is corrupt.

If anyone could help me I'd be greatful.

The new patch, 1.69, broke CAW.

-sbugg
(If you're curious on how to pronounce my screen name, I pronounce it "ess-bug".)
Obsessed with the lives of virtual people who run to scream at fires since 2012.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Nov 2015 at 8:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sbugg
The new patch, 1.69, broke CAW.

Really? What for good?
Scholar
#4 Old 26th Nov 2015 at 10:22 PM Last edited by ElaineNualla : 26th Nov 2015 at 10:55 PM.
it's not a bug, it's an EA-feature - CAW was already broken (it was the eternal beta, anyway), they just finished the job.

If you want to use CAW do not patch the game. Or restore the game to the previous version if you already made this mistake.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#5 Old 26th Nov 2015 at 10:23 PM
Moving to Create > CAW. Please use the game discussion forum for game discussion, not help.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Scholar
#6 Old 27th Nov 2015 at 12:00 AM
Here's the explanation: http://simsvip.com/2015/11/12/sims-...mber-12th-2015/. I didn't realize I had Origin set for automatic updates. Our choices appear to be to try to manually go back to patch 1.67 or wait for EA to update CAW. If you choose to go back to an earlier patch, the only way I know of is to uninstall the game, re-install the game, and manually patch up to 1.67. (More information here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3...or/td-p/1357764.) Be sure to turn off automatic updates in Origin first.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Nov 2015 at 1:23 AM
SimmyRN and ElaineNualla Your comments are very helpful thankyou