Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jan 2012 at 2:30 PM
Default Union Cove - world by Carl's and Pam's forum members
On behalf of our forum I proudly present, Union Cove:

Hello Simmers, Anushka from Carl's Sims 3 site here. Today I have the honor of announcing a new creation that comes out of our community. It was made by a team working in secret on a hidden board at our site over the course of six months. Carl gave us a platform to collaborate and this is the brilliant result.

Forum member Naga was the one with ideas, with me investing countless hours crafting it in CAW. My time and effort with EA's tool really paid off, as you will see by investigating the land. UC is loaded with beautiful lots created by talented builders on our forum (Joria, Ausette, Danefaith and Samoht). It is fully populated with Sims and 100% CC-Free. We also held building contests and included the winners, which incorporated much of our community.

This world is totally free at our site, no registration needed. It should work well on modern PCs. The older your machine, the lower the graphics settings will have to go. Every house is beautifully decorated and full of personality. There's more going on here than in your typical EA world, because those must be produced with a very wide range of systems in mind. You should save often until you see how it runs for you. Cleaner installs will probably work better.

It is balanced with an appropriate amount of spawners, and should be acceptable for use in most Sims 3 Challenges (particularly those on our site).

You can see more of UC and download it from Carl's Sims 3 Guide

Share your feedback here or at the official announcement on our forum. Our site is recommended if you need help. There is also a topic that hosts more pictures from this world here.

Details:
Technical Details:
World name: Union Cove
Map size: Huge (2046x2046)
World type: Suburban
Content:
•Expansion Packs: World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations and Pets
•Stuff Packs: High End Loft, Fast Lane, Outdoor Living and Town Life
•Other Content: No Store Content, No Custom Content

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
World Details
Residential Lots: 101
Uninhabited Lots: 47
Empty lots: 5
Community Lots: 46
(Includes all lot types from Base game, Ambitions, Late Night and Pets)
Number of Habitants: 116 Sims and 25 Pets
Number of Households: 56
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Additional info:

•Is approved by Metropolis Man for official challenges and dynasties at our forum;
•Contains EA-like balanced spawners;
•All brand-new community lots, created from scratch and never seen before;
•Uses residential lots and sims created by forum members, with permissions.
•With provided saved file, it should be playable even with just a base game. WA trees and objects are heavily used in landscape so world will look significantly different but all the lots and features will still be there.
•World was built on average PC, 2,4GHz, Core2Duo, 2GB RAM. It should be playable on average PC with low settings.

Happy Holidays!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 10th Dec 2012 at 12:37 PM
Love this neighbourhood. Will it be updated for seasons so the festivals can take place?
Test Subject
#3 Old 12th Dec 2012 at 2:12 AM
Off the top of my head, I think the team is trying to update it, but are encountering difficulty. Not 100% sure on that though.

Let's Play Sims.
Seabody's Mods - all thoroughly tested to ensure that they work correctly.

I don't make Meshes. I only make XML Tuning Mods.