Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#76 Old 23rd Oct 2012 at 11:27 PM
ONE SPOT LEFT

No worries, Stardust. The computer chair DOES count as the fourth seat. Great job!

I'm heading in for class now. I'll be back in an hour and a half (5 pm, Pacific Time) so if we get another entry before then, thats when the next round will be posted. You guys are great! This is going to be such a fun ride.

The Love Legacy A Random Legacy Challenge Blog - Currently in Progress
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 24th Oct 2012 at 1:33 AM
Sounds fun! I'd like to snag the last spot, please

"I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way!"

Jessica Rabbit Sim here...
Scholar
Original Poster
#78 Old 24th Oct 2012 at 1:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by supertoast
Sounds fun! I'd like to snag the last spot, please

There's no holding spaces, unfortunately. So if you'd like that last spot you'll have to get your entry in fast. Good luck!

Test Subject
#79 Old 24th Oct 2012 at 2:52 AM
I would like to join, but unfortunately I am unable to install s3packs. Is there any way I could get a library file? And if I am able, and don't make it in time, will there still be spots left for non judged contestants? As in we can still participate but only for fun?

"Stand up for what you believe, Even if it means standing alone."
Formerly Toddler430
Scholar
Original Poster
#80 Old 24th Oct 2012 at 2:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Solventpost
I would like to join, but unfortunately I am unable to install s3packs. Is there any way I could get a library file? And if I am able, and don't make it in time, will there still be spots left for non judged contestants? As in we can still participate but only for fun?

I just looked in my library folder and I think my brain had a minor explosion. I understand there are some programs out there that can let me see what file is what, but as I'm on a mac I believe its safe to say none of those programs will work for me. So I'm afraid I won't be able to give you the library file for it.

I'm really sorry. I'll send you a PM to see if there are any other options but its likely you won't finish in time for the contest so I'll answer your second questions now.

If anyone wants to play along for fun I really can't stop you, nor would I want to. If you want to share your photos with us I just ask that you put the following before your post: "NOT IN CONTEST. PLEASE DON'T JUDGE." So the judges don't wind up doing more work than they need to.

Test Subject
#81 Old 24th Oct 2012 at 4:15 AM
Default Industrial Country
Budget

Overhead

One

Two

Three

I think that is done correctly. If no one else has posted, consider this my entry. If there are any issues please let me know.

Formerly Toddler430
Scholar
Original Poster
#82 Old 24th Oct 2012 at 4:31 AM
ROUND ONE IS NOW OVER!

Sloventpost is contestant number 20. Scores will be up within 48 hours or so (Come on people, judges are humans too). If there are any delays I will keep you all updated. Thanks for joining this wild ride, and I can’t wait to see what you give me for this next round.

Round 2 has been updated to the first post.

Test Subject
#83 Old 24th Oct 2012 at 6:18 AM
To anyone else who prefers library files,

I had a major brain fart and forgot that I do this with every lot. You can extract lots with Delphy's Sims 3 Pack Multi-Extracter, then place them in your library. Sorry for making you go through the trouble of giving me the layout ReyaD.

Formerly Toddler430
Field Researcher
#84 Old 24th Oct 2012 at 7:05 AM
Question: You say we are allowed to cast the door, though not move it. Does this include replacing it with a different style door but in the same spot? (And are we still allowed to place windows this round?)
Scholar
Original Poster
#85 Old 24th Oct 2012 at 7:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tamlyn
Question: You say we are allowed to cast the door, though not move it. Does this include replacing it with a different style door but in the same spot? (And are we still allowed to place windows this round?)

You are not allowed to change the door, only CAST it, but thank you for asking.

Windows are allowed. : ) I mention that right at the very bottom of the post.

Field Researcher
#86 Old 24th Oct 2012 at 7:08 AM
Oops, sorry, missed that
Mad Poster
#87 Old 24th Oct 2012 at 2:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ReyaD
ROUND ONE IS NOW OVER!

Sloventpost is contestant number 20. Scores will be up within 48 hours or so (Come on people, judges are humans too). If there are any delays I will keep you all updated. Thanks for joining this wild ride, and I can’t wait to see what you give me for this next round.

Round 2 has been updated to the first post.

Yay, how exciting! :-) Shall be sending my scores to Reya sometime today. Can't wait to see what you all come up with for Round 2! :-)
Interstellar Traveler
#88 Old 24th Oct 2012 at 3:20 PM
Oooo! Round 2 sounds really fun! Now, I understand the rules about that door.. but are we allowed to include more than one door? Maybe the same type of door as well (without moving the original one, but having another one apart of the room)?

Formally SeeMyu | Retired Mod
Scholar
Original Poster
#89 Old 24th Oct 2012 at 4:39 PM
Amother door elsewhere in the room is allowed.

Instructor
#90 Old 24th Oct 2012 at 8:11 PM
Here's my second entry. I don't think I've ever spent 4 hours on a kitchen before. The stupid partition kept getting in the way. :P
I think the kitchen should be warm and bright, so.. well, here it is.

I hope I'm doing the pictures right. I was going to take another overhead shot in-game but my game crashed when I tried to and I didn't have the lot saved. :/
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#91 Old 24th Oct 2012 at 9:44 PM Last edited by catalina_45 : 25th Oct 2012 at 8:49 AM.
I'm sorry to come so late. I wish to participate. I have the living ready. If it's to late, remove the post

I removed all the foto... I'm sorry for my words below....
Scholar
Original Poster
#92 Old 24th Oct 2012 at 10:23 PM
I'm sorry, catalina. The contest filled up last night.

Stardust, I'll put your second round entry up as soon as I get home.

Forum Resident
#93 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 6:25 AM
I'm sorry, catalina. The contest filled up last night.

Sorry to tell you, but now in Romania is 25.10.2012 08:05 now when I'm writing. If you look at the document on the link, the toronto time until is closing the round 1 are 22 hour (at this moment of the Romanian time). Your rules tell me that I posted in time.
Your rules: "Application/Round 1 ends Oct 25, 2012 and one second to midnight, Toronto Time." . It's not yet midnight. (Sorry for my english).

ora Toronto.docx

But if I'm wrong, please delete my post without answering.
Scholar
Original Poster
#94 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 6:30 AM
We'll have to wait for a mod to delete your post. I closed the contest early since we filled out all 20 spots.

Forum Resident
#95 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 7:43 AM
We'll have to wait for a mod to delete your post. I closed the contest early since we filled out all 20 spots.

It's frustrating to not follow the rules especially as you have not given a deadline for registration....

what the judges are saying?
Scholar
Original Poster
#96 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 8:02 AM
All right this is beginning to get out of hand. You are not understanding what I wrote on day ONE of the contest. You're being insulting, you’re undermining my position as the contest host, and its really hurting my feelings. I started Design This as a fun competition for mod the sims contestants and while I believe I’ve explained this already I will repeat it once more.

Here. It's at the very bottom of the RULES portion of post one:

"- I don’t see this being an issue, but the number of contestants will be capped at 20, first come first serve with no reserved spots. Even if I really really love you."

It's been there since the beginning, and I've also been running down a countdown throughout the competition as people entered and we began filling up the final 10. In fact only a few posts above your own I clearly (and in BOLD font announced the contest as filled.

In your PM to me you say this isn't fair and you're completely off the mark. What you're doing isn't fair and it isn't nice. I've already had to go through telling my closest friend on MTS that it was too late while she was taking the photos for her entry! Now THAT just about left me in tears because I understood how hard she'd been working on her entry and how hurt she was to be excluded. But rules are rules and if I had let her into the competition then THAT would not have been fair to the contestants who carefully read the rules and got their entries in on time.

The timer is irrelevant in your argument. It was there as a "if we do not get 20, this is the deadline" countdown. If I did not make that clear in post one than I'm sorry, but there was plenty of warning basically everywhere else.

Forum Resident
#97 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 8:26 AM Last edited by catalina_45 : 25th Oct 2012 at 8:50 AM.
Sorry for my mistake... Since i don't speak english, I do not understand all . To write, I use a translation programm... (not now)

I removed all my foto.
Once again, I'M VERY, VERY SORRY....
dodgy builder
#98 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 5:23 PM
Catalina I understand how hard it can be to be excluded. Next time get your first entry in fast, and use more time on the others. Reya has done a lot of work on this, we're all very grateful for that. She's probably just doing as MTS says about the rules anyway.

To my submission. I have probably too many deco items. Being from a land of little sun, light is important. I'm going for warmth here, as winter approaches.

dodgy builder
#99 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 5:26 PM
Forgot to say. I had to fix a bit on the property value image as it was very dark. Included another above shot instead.
Mad Poster
#100 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 5:52 PM
Just thought of a question; do we get penalised for having MORE than the number of deco items specified? Or is that number a minimum?

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu

Page 4 of 20