Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Mar 2019 at 3:02 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims' Lifetime Wish
Hi! I was wondering where you can find your sims' lifetime wish and I was wondering if it ever changes during their lifetime.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th Mar 2019 at 3:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by OlsenTwinsDiCaprioFan001
Hi! I was wondering where you can find your sims' lifetime wish and I was wondering if it ever changes during their lifetime.

I marked the spot you need to hover over and just give it a few seconds and it will come up.

Mainly it only changes if you change aspirations.

You can use mods like the Sim Blender to change it if you want to but it is random for the aspiration your sim has.
Screenshots

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#3 Old 9th Mar 2019 at 3:42 AM
Mouse over the aspiration meter on the UI for any teen or older sim. You'll get a pop-up showing what their LTW is and explaining how it works and how to achieve it. Under vanilla code, functioning properly, the only way to change an LTW is to fulfill it, or to change aspiration.

If you send a teen to University, they will have an opportunity to change their aspiration when they start Junior year. There is also an aspiration reward which allows the player to change aspiration. (Do not use at less than gold aspiration, unless you want a Grilled Cheese sim.) Changing the aspiration rerolls the LTW.

It is also possible to change the LTW using a useful tool called the ffs lotdebugger, commonly called "the batbox" because it's a black box with Batman's symbol on the side. It can be found here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...topic,72.0.html

Don't be intimidated by all the warnings. Used sensibly, it's no more dangerous than any other editing tool, including the ones that come with the game. Just don't click on any options you don't understand, and you'll be fine. To change LTW, you click on the batbox with the sim you want to change and select Wants/Reroll LTW or Cycle LTW. Reroll randomizes a new LTW. Cycle allows you to cycle through all the LTWs available to a sim with this aspiration. Neither will have a visible effect, but when you mouse over the aspiration bar again, you'll see the new LTW. You can click again if you don't like what you got.

Remember that a sim with a secondary aspiration (as per Freetime) can get an LTW that is suitable for either their primary or their secondary aspiration. Mods are also available that change the LTWs available.

Glitches exist which can randomly change your LTW, including into ones not normally available to that aspiration. I have experienced a glitch like this many times. When it happens to me, it seems to be caused by some accident wiping out a sim's Wants and Fears history, and other symptoms include loss of extra want slots and locks gained during University, loss of locked wants and fears, and new wants and fears being rolled as if the sim were fresh out of CAS - Generic "flirt" rather than "flirt with spouse," "make friend" rather than "make friend with specific sim," etc. If restoring a back up copy of the game is not practical, all these symptoms can be fixed with the batbox's various functions, but I have found that sometimes the original LTW becomes unavailable. It is possible that this can be addressed with other editing tools and/or mod combinations.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Mar 2019 at 4:26 AM
Thank you
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
I marked the spot you need to hover over and just give it a few seconds and it will come up.

Mainly it only changes if you change aspirations.

You can use mods like the Sim Blender to change it if you want to but it is random for the aspiration your sim has.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Mar 2019 at 4:27 AM
Thank you so much

Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Mouse over the aspiration meter on the UI for any teen or older sim. You'll get a pop-up showing what their LTW is and explaining how it works and how to achieve it. Under vanilla code, functioning properly, the only way to change an LTW is to fulfill it, or to change aspiration.

If you send a teen to University, they will have an opportunity to change their aspiration when they start Junior year. There is also an aspiration reward which allows the player to change aspiration. (Do not use at less than gold aspiration, unless you want a Grilled Cheese sim.) Changing the aspiration rerolls the LTW.

It is also possible to change the LTW using a useful tool called the ffs lotdebugger, commonly called "the batbox" because it's a black box with Batman's symbol on the side. It can be found here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...topic,72.0.html

Don't be intimidated by all the warnings. Used sensibly, it's no more dangerous than any other editing tool, including the ones that come with the game. Just don't click on any options you don't understand, and you'll be fine. To change LTW, you click on the batbox with the sim you want to change and select Wants/Reroll LTW or Cycle LTW. Reroll randomizes a new LTW. Cycle allows you to cycle through all the LTWs available to a sim with this aspiration. Neither will have a visible effect, but when you mouse over the aspiration bar again, you'll see the new LTW. You can click again if you don't like what you got.

Remember that a sim with a secondary aspiration (as per Freetime) can get an LTW that is suitable for either their primary or their secondary aspiration. Mods are also available that change the LTWs available.

Glitches exist which can randomly change your LTW, including into ones not normally available to that aspiration. I have experienced a glitch like this many times. When it happens to me, it seems to be caused by some accident wiping out a sim's Wants and Fears history, and other symptoms include loss of extra want slots and locks gained during University, loss of locked wants and fears, and new wants and fears being rolled as if the sim were fresh out of CAS - Generic "flirt" rather than "flirt with spouse," "make friend" rather than "make friend with specific sim," etc. If restoring a back up copy of the game is not practical, all these symptoms can be fixed with the batbox's various functions, but I have found that sometimes the original LTW becomes unavailable. It is possible that this can be addressed with other editing tools and/or mod combinations.