Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jul 2015 at 4:21 AM
Default Beauty & Life Are Costly... (Poem)
Hello, everyone! I've written a short poem, so I thought it would be better to share with people than let it rest on yellowed paper without anyone knowing of it. So... Hope you enjoy
Don't just harshly, please. This is a poem I've made YEARS ago, when I was younger. How old was I then, eleven? This notebook is OLD!

The sky a lovely hue.
Of pink, gold, before blue.
People shout in praise
of the sun offering its warming rays.
The birds chattered overhead,
not listening to what anyone said.
The rainbow glistened above,
sending people away, full of love.
Deer pranced about,
not giving a pout.
Frogs croaked their deep song,
not keeping it up for very long.
Butterflies flutter away,
loving the light of day
Fish leap into the air,
then dive deeper into the water's lair.
The night is black, darkening the sky,
animals reluctantly say good-bye.
The sun is gone,
some animals teetering on death's front lawn.

Alright.. I hope you enjoyed! It wasn't too long, but I thought when I was younger this poem meant: Beauty and life even come to an end, either daily, or completely. (I know, kind of sad. But true nonetheless.)

If you want me to post more poems, I've got limericks in here as well! Or I could throw something together. Whichever, continue Simming Around!
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 14th Jul 2015 at 4:50 AM
Hey. I forgot to add something. Should I keep writing? If this is how I wrote it years ago, maybe I'll have a chance in the future. I'm not sure. But, I hope so..
#3 Old 14th Jul 2015 at 4:11 PM
I think you should keep writing.

Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

"A thunderstorm breaks the wall of darkness." - Lyrics to Storm

"Meh." - me
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Jul 2015 at 2:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Graveyard Snowflake
I think you should keep writing.
Thanks, I expected hates. Then again, all great artists experience failure before success. Mostly..I read your 'Marauder's Plight.' Very good! Can't wait to read more!
#5 Old 15th Jul 2015 at 3:38 AM
Thanks. I'll post chapter 2 once I finish it. I did write another book, which you can read here. It was my first and possibly only fanfiction and it was based off of Skyrim, which is my most favorite game of all time. I currently have the Legendary edition for Xbox. Someday I'll get the same edition for PC. Someday...

Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

"Meh." - me
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Jul 2015 at 6:14 PM
Thanks. I'll post chapter 2 once I finish it. I did write another book, which you can read here. It was my first and possibly only fanfiction and it was based off of Skyrim, which is my most favorite game of all time. I currently have the Legendary edition for Xbox. Someday I'll get the same edition for PC. Someday...
I've never played Skyrim.. So, the story was a little confusing. But, it was good all the same.
#7 Old 15th Jul 2015 at 9:42 PM
Skyrim is a very addicting game. I'm very bad at explaining things, so here is a Wiki that's all about Skyrim. Hopefully it'll will clear some things up.

"Meh." - me
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 16th Jul 2015 at 2:31 AM
Skyrim is a very addicting game. I'm very bad at explaining things, so here is a Wiki that's all about Skyrim. Hopefully it'll will clear some things up.
Okay, I just realized I knew a little about Skyrim because I played a bit of one the games. But not Elder Scrolls. Maybe the one before it? But, all in all. The wiki helped a lot. Keep up the great stories!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 16th Jul 2015 at 3:06 AM
Nice poem! I can't imagine writing anything that good when I was eleven. Yes, you should keep writing! I'd love to read more poems or stories!

Hello, I'm Anna! :) I like playing violin, writing, and simming of course!
my tumblr - starblasted muffin
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 18th Jul 2015 at 9:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by starryelliot
Nice poem! I can't imagine writing anything that good when I was eleven. Yes, you should keep writing! I'd love to read more poems or stories!
Thanks! Like I said to Graveyard, I expected hates. Technically, I have low self-confidence.. :I Kind of stinks. But, I'll begin working on a poem or story. It's fun writing..
#11 Old 18th Jul 2015 at 11:39 PM
What's with the low self-confidence, Katniss? It's obvious you have natural talent. You could easily make a fair amount of money just writing poems.

"Meh." - me
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 19th Jul 2015 at 12:56 AM Last edited by Katnisskatnip893 : 19th Jul 2015 at 12:58 AM. Reason: I forgot to add something..
What's with the low self-confidence, Katniss? It's obvious you have natural talent. You could easily make a fair amount of money just writing poems.
The low-self-confidence came with the many bullies throughout the years..Ah.. Bad memories. We all have them. And I don't know why I mentioned my lack of self-confidence.. It just comes out randomly.
#13 Old 19th Jul 2015 at 6:53 PM
Don't fret about it. I'm sure those bullies were just jealous of you and your amazing writing skills.

"Meh." - me
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 22nd Jul 2015 at 7:31 AM
Don't fret about it. I'm sure those bullies were just jealous of you and your amazing writing skills.
They never read my writing. If they did, I have a feeling they'd rip the pages out of my notebook or something. And they hated writing anyhow. Especially poetry, actually. I never understood them,