Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jan 2011 at 4:24 PM
Default Elevators in house with foundation
I've been searching the site and the web on this but can't find the answer I'm looking for.

I want to make a house with a foundation and an elevator shaft. I've tried the trick (seen here:http://www.carls-sims-3-forum.com/i...hp?topic=407.10) of removing four squares of foundation and using moveobjects on to place an elevator shaft on the ground level and the elevator doors on the foundation floor and the basement floor.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work and my sims can't reach the basement floor. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 12th Jan 2011 at 6:43 PM
I have been having the same problem; not being able to place an elevator in the basement when the ground floor has a foundation XS
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#3 Old 12th Jan 2011 at 11:24 PM
So I had a chance to test in game today and you can place an elevator on a foundation level and have it go to the basement.

1) Build foundation and add in your elevator. Make note which way the doors face as other levels must face the same way.
2) Build basement under foundation. Place elevator directly under the one on top of the foundation making sure the doors face the same way.

No shaft between in the foundation level is required and no cheats are necessary to place the elevators. My test sim had no trouble navigating through the foundation level. If it's not working make sure you have them facing the same. If they still don't work, try deleting and replacing. I'm unsure if the order in which they are placed plays a role in whether they work.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 10th Jun 2011 at 6:42 PM
I just did this and it works great. I really needed the shaft to face in another direction though. Once it's installed and working, you can turn it with the hand tool. I just rotated mine 180 degrees and the Sims can navigate fine.