Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jan 2024 at 3:24 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Apartment (penthouse) in Bridgeport keeps auto cleaning itself at 3AM
So I have this problem with my apartments in Bridgeport when everytime it's 3AM, every dirty objects will get clean by itself (eg: dirty dishes dissapear, toilets get unclog, dirty sinks get clean) , I tried removing all my mods, but the problem still persist. I tried to play on my another PC, but it also have the same problem.

I did some reserch, and found out that some people also having this problem as well, but still no solution for this....
-Some said that it's the Nraas MC that doing this, but it's not.
-Some said that I need to delete "public room marker" in my house, but there's no marker in my house, only in the hallway and in the elevator.

Please help me, thank you :D
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 8th Jan 2024 at 8:03 PM
If I am not mistaken, the 3am or 5am cleanup is by the games design. I am not sure if there are any mods to avoid that as it seems it would do more harm than good trying to change what seems to be a core feature of the base game/game engine.

My best guess as to why the cleanup happens is to help maintain a smooth running save game without a bunch of objects collecting and increasing throughout the neighborhood. Which also can cause routing errors, lag and overall poor performance to eventual crashing to desktop.

I think I read that Bridgeport is also coded a bit differently than the suburban neighborhoods, so that could be a factor as well, and why Bridgeport is the only city.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Jan 2024 at 7:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Deshong
If I am not mistaken, the 3am or 5am cleanup is by the games design. I am not sure if there are any mods to avoid that as it seems it would do more harm than good trying to change what seems to be a core feature of the base game/game engine.

My best guess as to why the cleanup happens is to help maintain a smooth running save game without a bunch of objects collecting and increasing throughout the neighborhood. Which also can cause routing errors, lag and overall poor performance to eventual crashing to desktop.

I think I read that Bridgeport is also coded a bit differently than the suburban neighborhoods, so that could be a factor as well, and why Bridgeport is the only city.

so you are having the same problem as well? Thank you so much
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 9th Jan 2024 at 3:20 PM
Does it happen in all bridgeport apartments, or just one? I've not played this world much so can't say I ever saw this!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Jan 2024 at 3:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Does it happen in all bridgeport apartments, or just one? I've not played this world much so can't say I ever saw this!

it's happening to all apartments in Bridgeport.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 9th Jan 2024 at 7:37 PM
In my game it varies whether dirty objects get cleaned and/or reset as it might not happen 100% of the time. Living in an apartment may be coded in a way where certain conditions are met for the automatic clean up to occur and the active apartment lot is included as a measure for stable performance. I did a quick test in a new Bridgeport save and played for about 2 Sim days getting pass 3am leaving out food and and the toilet was dirty but not clogged. The game did not clean the toilet but it did clean all the food lying around the apartment.

Then on the second day I was curious about houses but just focused leaving food out and the game did not clean up the food. Which tells me that apartments are treated differently than houses.

The developers may have taken into consideration how some players may want to take advantage of the apartment/NPC neighbors using a common area or such. It depends how ambitious the player makes their apartment though depending on the NPC's job, they may not have much free time to hang out. Also the more Sims living in an apartment, typically the more of a mess they create unless they all have the neat trait. My best guess is that the developers focus is on minimizing gameplay issues while playing in apartments.

It hasn't been that long but I was playing in Bridgeport and eventually I will go back after setting up a new save because the old one got messed up. Mods maybe, I don't know. I do remember though dirty dishes and food getting cleaned up and sometimes the toilet would get cleaned and/or unclogged if I remember correctly. It does break immersion but I figure it is better to have good performance because sometimes depending on the limitation of technology or other factors, they can't do everything the way they would want.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Jan 2024 at 5:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Deshong
In my game it varies whether dirty objects get cleaned and/or reset as it might not happen 100% of the time. Living in an apartment may be coded in a way where certain conditions are met for the automatic clean up to occur and the active apartment lot is included as a measure for stable performance. I did a quick test in a new Bridgeport save and played for about 2 Sim days getting pass 3am leaving out food and and the toilet was dirty but not clogged. The game did not clean the toilet but it did clean all the food lying around the apartment.

Then on the second day I was curious about houses but just focused leaving food out and the game did not clean up the food. Which tells me that apartments are treated differently than houses.

The developers may have taken into consideration how some players may want to take advantage of the apartment/NPC neighbors using a common area or such. It depends how ambitious the player makes their apartment though depending on the NPC's job, they may not have much free time to hang out. Also the more Sims living in an apartment, typically the more of a mess they create unless they all have the neat trait. My best guess is that the developers focus is on minimizing gameplay issues while playing in apartments.

It hasn't been that long but I was playing in Bridgeport and eventually I will go back after setting up a new save because the old one got messed up. Mods maybe, I don't know. I do remember though dirty dishes and food getting cleaned up and sometimes the toilet would get cleaned and/or unclogged if I remember correctly. It does break immersion but I figure it is better to have good performance because sometimes depending on the limitation of technology or other factors, they can't do everything the way they would want.

Thank you so much for doing the test for me, now I'm sure that i'm not the only one that have this problem, and it's a feature of the game.
however I wish someone will make a mod for this. maybe a clone version of "public room marker" that doesn't clean the house at 3:00am so player can assign it manually on their active household.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 10th Jan 2024 at 9:23 PM Last edited by thesims1depot : 10th Jan 2024 at 11:01 PM.
I'm a little confused by all this.

Auto-cleaning is a baked-in feature of the public marker. The reason it auto-cleans everything is that public markers are placed in communal areas of a lot, and it wouldn't make sense to make an active household responsible for cleaning an area shared by everyone in the building. What's generally supposed to happen is that NPCs living in your building will clean stuff in communal areas, but I'm assuming that when you don't have any or there aren't enough NPCs with the neat trait, the public marker kicks in and does the rest.

I also think it does this to create the illusion that a building has housekeeping and maintenance staff fixing and cleaning things overnight while everyone sleeps.

The reason why I'm confused is that the auto-cleaning should only happen in rooms with a public marker, not every room in an apartment building. So, the "fix" to this would be to remove the public marker, not require a special modded version.

I haven't played Bridgeport extensively--instead, I play custom city worlds--and I do know that only rooms with public markers should be doing this and non-marked rooms working the usual way. So, my gut instinct is that there's a glitch, a mod issue or a public marker. I know OP says it's none of these things, but I don't know. I guess I'd have to play Bridgeport again to see what's up.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 11th Jan 2024 at 12:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by thesims1depot
I'm a little confused by all this.

Auto-cleaning is a baked-in feature of the public marker. The reason it auto-cleans everything is that public markers are placed in communal areas of a lot, and it wouldn't make sense to make an active household responsible for cleaning an area shared by everyone in the building. What's generally supposed to happen is that NPCs living in your building will clean stuff in communal areas, but I'm assuming that when you don't have any or there aren't enough NPCs with the neat trait, the public marker kicks in and does the rest.

I also think it does this to create the illusion that a building has housekeeping and maintenance staff fixing and cleaning things overnight while everyone sleeps.

The reason why I'm confused is that the auto-cleaning should only happen in rooms with a public marker, not every room in an apartment building. So, the "fix" to this would be to remove the public marker, not require a special modded version.

I haven't played Bridgeport extensively--instead, I play custom city worlds--and I do know that only rooms with public markers should be doing this and non-marked rooms working the usual way. So, my gut instinct is that there's a glitch, a mod issue or a public marker. I know OP says it's none of these things, but I don't know. I guess I'd have to play Bridgeport again to see what's up.

Thank you so much for replying. I think I will try playing apartment on other world aside from Bridgport. To see if the problem will still remain. If not, then it's the Bridgeport itself that cause the problem.