Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 10:23 AM
Default Stupid trait without Awesome Mod?
Hello everyone,

I'm wondering if there is a way to get the Stupid trait without having Awesome Mod? I already have plenty of mods and I'm not really interested in adding another big one at the moment. Especially not for only one trait.

I read that this was a scrapped EA trait so maybe someone else 'resurrected' it standalone?

Thanks in advance,

DiaborMagics

(ps I'll likely respond after the weekend as I won't be home during it)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 8:27 PM
Pretty much no, I'm afraid. Regardless of where the idea or original code came from, Awesome is a Core Mod and uses its own custom loader internally to manage its custom traits, with Stupid being one of them. I liked that trait and miss it as well, as I haven't used Awesome in many years.

The list of custom traits ever made available to TS3 players outside of Awesome's Core Loader thing is very short. It's apparently an extremely difficult thing to do. Even Twallan never made any. I can think of...maybe three of them, and one or two of those are outdated and don't work correctly on current patch levels. Arsil's Japanese culture trait is the only one I can think of offhand that works as intended on Patch 1.67/69, again outside of Awesome's.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 4:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Pretty much no, I'm afraid. Regardless of where the idea or original code came from, Awesome is a Core Mod and uses its own custom loader internally to manage its custom traits, with Stupid being one of them. I liked that trait and miss it as well, as I haven't used Awesome in many years.

The list of custom traits ever made available to TS3 players outside of Awesome's Core Loader thing is very short. It's apparently an extremely difficult thing to do. Even Twallan never made any. I can think of...maybe three of them, and one or two of those are outdated and don't work correctly on current patch levels. Arsil's Japanese culture trait is the only one I can think of offhand that works as intended on Patch 1.67/69, again outside of Awesome's.

Thank you for the information. Too bad it's not possible/easy enough to do. Japanese Culture Trait sounds interesting, worth checking out.
Quick question about the patches: I recently bought TS3 on Steam (used to play on my sister's computer) and I have all EPs. My patch level is 1.63 I believe. I thought it was completely updated, but apparently it is not. Is it required if I have 1.63?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 6:27 PM
Regardless of how the game was purchased, if you are running it by way of a Steam installation then you are on Patch 1.67. Steam manages this all by itself with no options given. What does mouse hovering over the base game icon at the bottom of the Launcher say?

If you used the Origin codes provided by Steam and installed by way of Origin, then it depends on when you did this. If it was after around November 2015, then you are on Patch 1.69 again with no options given. But then you would know that because the game can only be started up by way of Origin and its Launcher tie-in this way and it would display the patch number front and center. If such an install was done prior, then it might depend on whether you chose to patch up or not.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 6:57 PM
Hijacking this thread to ask if there's ANY features native to AM that are available separately. My game is allergic to AM and will mess itself up in all sorts of ways, so I can't use it.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 7:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Regardless of how the game was purchased, if you are running it by way of a Steam installation then you are on Patch 1.67. Steam manages this all by itself with no options given. What does mouse hovering over the base game icon at the bottom of the Launcher say?

If you used the Origin codes provided by Steam and installed by way of Origin, then it depends on when you did this. If it was after around November 2015, then you are on Patch 1.69 again with no options given. But then you would know that because the game can only be started up by way of Origin and its Launcher tie-in this way and it would display the patch number front and center. If such an install was done prior, then it might depend on whether you chose to patch up or not.

Ugh I'm not making your life easier... nor my own. I was being dumb. On first install it said version 1.63, but then I was of course asked to update and I did. I checked again, it's at 1.67. Forget I said anything stupid again >.<
Sorry, my mind is all over the place. I'm both trying to set up my sims game (again) and trying to reduce the pain of losing my previous pc and... welll not going to bother you with other stupid banter. Anyway, I wasn't smart not to check again, so thanks once again for your help.

EDIT: 1.69 is not necessary?
Mad Poster
#7 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 7:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DiaborMagics
EDIT: 1.69 is not necessary?

The only things Patch 1.69 do are provide for the Origin tie-in to the Launcher and the 1.69 Launcher's Expansion/Stuff Pack selector (that is unstable anyway). Other than the internal build numbers, there is no difference at all between the game files or the way in which the game plays between the two. There is no Patch 1.69 for Steam installs, nor is there for players of the Mac version of the game. Core Mods, of which there are only five in popular usage, require special 1.67 vs 1.69 versions to avoid the core version mismatch error displaying on startup but again beyond that no difference.

Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
Hijacking this thread to ask if there's ANY features native to AM that are available separately. My game is allergic to AM and will mess itself up in all sorts of ways, so I can't use it.

Not by way of MATY. Awesome is a Core Mod, although configurable up to a point it's all or nothing. Some of its features are represented in some way by other mods. For example:
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Awesome
(the purpose of this page is to help players who are trying to use both AM and NRaas together, but along the way it points out some of the feature overlap)
Mad Poster
#8 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 3:56 AM
I got some of the features of awsomemod by simply enabling the few I wanted in the config file with those mostly being the automated school assingment override with a few minor bug fixes added on.I enabled nothing else in awesome mod and also have it installed with only about 113 NRaas Mod files which is close to what I've had for over nine monthes without any issues though I would just use the carpool disabler instead of Moar Interactions if using awesomemod.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 7:54 AM
There are many elements of AwesomeMod that are not reachable by way of its configuration tool. You can't turn everything but one or two features off because the options to switch everything but one or two things off aren't there, only the ones you can see in the config tool are. Advising players who have already made an informed decision that they don't want or can't run the mod for whatever reason to install it anyway and switch off those features that are reachable is not really doing them any favors, I'm afraid. The impact the mod will have varies by player, play style, size of worlds, among other factors.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 4:05 PM
Thanks again Igazor.
Tad, Grijze, the thread is all yours now. Happy simming!

(Grijze, ben je toevallig een Nederlander?)
Mad Poster
#11 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 7:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DiaborMagics
(Grijze, ben je toevallig een Nederlander?)

Are joe Dutsj toe? Goed toe no!

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 4:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
Are joe Dutsj toe? Goed toe no!

Jup, iek bien oek Doetsj.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 24th Nov 2017 at 2:04 PM
Klinkt meer als Fries zo.

insert signature here