Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#51 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 8:05 PM
When I first started playing Sims 2 I did everything we shouldn't do - and sometimes I did it on purpose as I loved experimenting. I deleted Sims from the Sim Bin, deleted custom objects and foods, put occupied houses in the lot bin and moved them to other neighborhoods, if it was wrong I did it. I moved a family - a young couple with a baby to another neighborhood. Back then I didn't know how to do it properly. I just put the house with them in it in the lot bin. The husband didn't survive the trip. When I installed the lot he was missing. The mother and child survived and all appeared to be well for a while. The child grew up into an adult and one day his mother came to visit him - it looked like his mother - but she sounded like his father, totally freaked me out. By this time I'd become familiar with SimPE so I check her character file - she was now a he, but still looked like a she. Needless to say "they" had to go - I gave them a quick and speedy burial and proceeded to use the bat box to wipe corruption from all of the Sims in the neighborhood. I was actually able to continue to play this particular neighborhood for a while before I deleted it. I saved and packaged the surviving Sim from the move - his name is Bernard Arrington - he's one of several Sims that I put in all of my hoods.

I had another neighborhood that I corrupted from deleting custom foods and objects and downloading lots into my game that contained Sim data. There were too many Sims so I wasn't able to properly clean up the neighborhood. Tombstones had disappeared from the cemetery and Sims were disappearing - I could hear them talking and see their plumb bobs, but the Sims were not visible; nothing but floating plumb bobs showing up on community lots.

My Riverside Heights neighborhood just disappeared after a bad save. I was so distraught - it was my favorite hood that contained my first legacy family the St. James. Over the years I've learned a lot and I try to be very careful. I now know how to properly move Sims in their houses to a new hood, clean up houses, and I don't add anything in my game that can affect memories unless I'm sure I want to keep it. I rarely download lots to use in my game, but when I do I make sure they are clean before installing them in my playable neighborhood. I also use the hood checker regularly and keep multiple backups just in case.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 11th Oct 2020 at 12:06 PM
I don’t know if this is actually corruption or just bad CC (I played 6 rotations of Pleasantview in only a month with Inteen, also only had it for a month), but all the young Newson kids, Sharla Ottomas and Isaiah Gavigan all have ltws while Tina Traveller doesn’t have one which is absolutely freaky since no child/toddler is supposed to have a ltw unless it’s someone like Sally Riley who does have a ltw by default. None of the other kids/toddlers have ltws themselves. Just those kids do. I didn’t do anything except download Belladonna lots that I didn’t know weren’t completely cleaned out (the tumblr said they were). But i don’t think the hood should’ve been glitched out in only like 3 months (techinally 4 but my old laptop broke in mid July so I didn’t continue PV until August). Totally freaky, whatever it is. Bad CC or Corruption; scary af to witness.
Actual corruption story: when I got Double Deluxe at 11 years old in 2014 I would delete families from the family bin in both Pleasantview and Veronaville corrupting both hoods easily on my grandmas computer but at the same time I guess it wasn’t that bad since I deleted them as soon as I created them so they never met anybody and all that.
I got my own laptop that Christmas so I never saw any corruption taking over and I’m pretty sure the hood would still work fine but still scary.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#53 Old 11th Oct 2020 at 2:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peggy Penguin
I don’t know if this is actually corruption or just bad CC (I played 6 rotations of Pleasantview in only a month with Inteen, also only had it for a month), but all the young Newson kids, Sharla Ottomas and Isaiah Gavigan all have ltws while Tina Traveller doesn’t have one which is absolutely freaky since no child/toddler is supposed to have a ltw unless it’s someone like Sally Riley who does have a ltw by default. None of the other kids/toddlers have ltws themselves. Just those kids do. I didn’t do anything except download Belladonna lots that I didn’t know weren’t completely cleaned out (the tumblr said they were). But i don’t think the hood should’ve been glitched out in only like 3 months (techinally 4 but my old laptop broke in mid July so I didn’t continue PV until August). Totally freaky, whatever it is. Bad CC or Corruption; scary af to witness.
Actual corruption story: when I got Double Deluxe at 11 years old in 2014 I would delete families from the family bin in both Pleasantview and Veronaville corrupting both hoods easily on my grandmas computer but at the same time I guess it wasn’t that bad since I deleted them as soon as I created them so they never met anybody and all that.
I got my own laptop that Christmas so I never saw any corruption taking over and I’m pretty sure the hood would still work fine but still scary.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's hood corruption.

I have this in my game too, except it's with Gabriella and Gallagher Newson. Gabriella has the LTW to Become Criminal Mastermind and Gallagher has the LTW to Become Captain Hero. He also had the want to Flirt, which isn't normal. Gavin's LTW is also weird, too; he wants to have 20 Simultaneous Lovers and he's a Fortune sim. I looked him up on the wiki, and it turns out he's supposed to want to be Business Tycoon. Ginger wants to Max 7 Skills when her LTW is supposed to be Reach Golden Anniversary. The others appear to be fine.

I'm playing in Maxis Pleasantview with meetme2theriver's Strangetown as a shopping district. I know Maxis Pleasantview is corrupt from the offset, so I'm not surprised.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Test Subject
#54 Old 21st Aug 2021 at 11:47 PM
Hi, today I had an interesting bug in my Sims 2.

I've placed a quite 'narrow' parcel on the very corner of the 90 -angle-bent street. I moved a family inside - dad with 2 teenage girls. I noticed that school bus never arrived. The pop up window that 'The bus will be within an hour' does appear and the grades fall down with teens' absence. So the next in-Sims day I paid double attention and confirmed the bus doesn't appear.

But at the time it should be there, I can use on-Sim option 'Go to School'. I did it for both girls and they went to the end of the pavement and disappeared (they used the end nearer to the street turn), leaving. Then the normal 'In School' action icon appeared in the upper left corner of the screen for them, quite normal thing, as their 'current action'. After some time I got a pop up that their grades improve. Then I realised the teens didn't return from school (honestly it was late in Sim night).

I noticed their Aspirations status was frozen (one was Platinum, the other simply Golden) but their needs drop in time - all except the Social (full green) and Environment (more or less relating to the dirt-level in the house). Cancelling teens' 'In School' action or ordering them to do different things did nothing. Their needs rocketed down to full red, but no death happened. Interestingly, some friend made a phone call during that time. When the dad picked up the phone I checked the answer that the girl is available to talk to. He put the phone back then and stood for a while. After some time the same Sim made a call again.

Some time during this there was an in-school event (simmilar to in-job choose-windows for adult sims) for one of the girls. The outcome was that some of the frozen groceries were wasted and she had to pay for them. But there was no pop-up window or any other information on what amount was that. I have little expierience with these career interactions, but in case of adults, I remember that financial penalties were updated at the time a Sim returned from work. So I guess it never triggered in my case. I'm wondering if this yes/no box triggered the bug, or was it because of the school bus absence.

I waited till another Sims day. The game behaved as if the teens were in school all the time: there was no school bus reminder pop-up in the morning. Their grades didn't change further. The girls haven't return to the home. The dad haven't noticed.

I guess it would be interesting to wait a couple of days and see what happens at the time teens would become adults. But instead (I had plans for them) I moved to the Neigbourhood, moved the family out, moved them back, and sent the girls to college ASAP (well, one of them, the other made a quick friends with a Grand vampire and moven on too). I may experiment with this 'Eternity in the School' bug in the future with some expendable Sim I think, it's quite interesting.
Field Researcher
#55 Old 23rd Aug 2021 at 6:15 PM
When I first started playing, I deleted a lot of tombstones, moved sims into the sim bin, and delete every sim I didn't want from the sim bin in Pleasantview. Somehow this corrupted Belladonna Cove, which I didn't even notice until I went to check out the neighborhood and found out that premade toddler Etsu Cho had a lifetime want to Woohoo with 20 Different Sims. I tried deleting the neighborhood and having the game generate a new one, but it didn't work.

Once I reinstalled, everything was fine.

All's fair in love, war, and video games! ~LyokoGirl5000
Page 3 of 3