Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 2:57 PM
Default Easiest way to kill a sim?
There's this sim that I created and can't stand anymore. I've tried three times with stove fire, cooking meals over and over with fast forward, but fire is too unlikely or random and just won't happen in my game. This sim needs to be gone, kaput, not in the game world anymore and existing only under the ground on the lot where they lived wrapped in protective plastic so that worms don't poison themselves and contaminate the environment. There has got to be an easy way to cause sim death, but the only way I've seen so far is stove fire.

Btw, have you noticed how animations aren't fluid anymore when on fast forward? In particular, I'm talking about cooking a meal since I've ordered this sim to cook many meals. They didn't flow from one action to another but paused in between animations.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 2:59 PM
Embarrassment seems to be very easy from what I heard. Get walked in on in the bathroom after peeing yourself.

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 3:51 PM
Was able to get him embarrassed once, but no death. So I did it the traditional way, by wall immurement! So it was a long wait from hungry to ravenous to death. When you immure a sim, the developers know what you're doing so when the sim dies there is no death animation and they just disappear, the grim reaper does not show up, and an urn appears nearby. Good riddance to that sim.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 5:32 PM
Jeez, what did that sim do to you? Were they a "bro" or something? :P
Forum Resident
#5 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 6:25 PM
Maybe move them into their own house and then just delete the family from the manage neighbourhood screen? I'm pretty sure that does just what it says on the tin...
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 6:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shoosh Malooka
There's this sim that I created and can't stand anymore. I've tried three times with stove fire, cooking meals over and over with fast forward, but fire is too unlikely or random and just won't happen in my game. This sim needs to be gone, kaput, not in the game world anymore and existing only under the ground on the lot where they lived wrapped in protective plastic so that worms don't poison themselves and contaminate the environment. There has got to be an easy way to cause sim death, but the only way I've seen so far is stove fire.

Btw, have you noticed how animations aren't fluid anymore when on fast forward? In particular, I'm talking about cooking a meal since I've ordered this sim to cook many meals. They didn't flow from one action to another but paused in between animations.

I guess I should let Rachel Franklin comment that:

Quote:
It was too far. All of a sudden it became uncomfortable, because it took it from a fun gesture to ‘I am an abuser’. That’s not acceptable.

Sorry guys, but playing the game the way you want is a direct violation of the developer's spider senses.
Scholar
#7 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 6:46 PM
Wow. I thought the embarrassment death would be easier. It killed him with only two moodlets. Probably, one was from being turned down for marriage:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...21/mortified/p2

(The "Mortified" emotion looks more like Frightened to me.)

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Theorist
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 10:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SuperFake
I guess I should let Rachel Franklin comment that:

Good article. Am I an abuser?
Yes. Yes I am. Of Sims. SIMS.

You know what? EA FORCED me to do it. Because there was no way to peacefully remove a sim from a household and keep the remainder.

Quote: Originally posted by MCGONN
Jeez, what did that sim do to you? Were they a "bro" or something? :P

Aside from stinking up the house with the other two unable to do anything about it, after having someone flirt with him he turned into this gross autonomous flirting, giggling stalker. His favorite place to strike was the bathroom. So... gross, lewd, bathroom, stalker.
Instructor
#9 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 10:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SuperFake
Sorry guys, but playing the game the way you want is a direct violation of the developer's spider senses.

Can't be having conflict in this game, no siree!