Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#20151 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 1:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Neverwinter_Knight77
I've had my Sims study the Parenting skill and complete it, but the "Check on Baby" interaction does absolutely nothing. Is that a glitch? Or maybe is it because he's a father of alien children, and his wife is a Servo?

When a parent checks on baby, the baby has a thought bubble (hungry, tired, need to pee, comfort, etc). Apart from aliens, I don't play robots or supernatural.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#20152 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 2:20 PM
You would get "nothing" if you checked on baby & it didn't need anything. I think it's useless anyway; baby often show "comfort need" because it's GOING to poop...or something.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Instructor
#20153 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 2:42 PM
@Fearless Butterfly Thank you, sounds like that would fix it.

@joeandsarah77 Now I feel like an idiot. Admittedly, I didn't know that fishing was also affected by that "feature".
Alchemist
#20154 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 4:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Katie Turner
is there a way to reset a neighborhood to back before you first loaded it?

Peni already answered you, but if it's a Maxis hood, you can also just copy the template from the game files into the Neighborhood folder.
https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Game_g...reinstalling_it
Forum Resident
#20155 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 8:39 PM
Can I merge slaved texture package files? I don't bork them or something if I do?
Mad Poster
#20156 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 9:25 PM
Depends on what kind of files they are. Bodyshop files, merge away. Object files, you can merge the master object with the recolours, but you'll also need to select all the MMAT files and give them a unique instance (you need to do this for all merged object recolours. And roofs). Keep the slaved objects separate - in most cases, objects can't be merged anyway. I believe it's something to do with the Group code. You can, I think, merge game stuff, so Life/Pets/Castaway Stories stuff or hiders of game objects, but not CC stuff. Slaved stuff works on internal data, not filenames, so they'll still work just fine.
Alchemist
#20157 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 10:06 PM
How do I designate lots I've built as Specialty Lots and add them so they will show up in that part of the bin/lot catalog? Just so I can find them more easily.
Mad Poster
#20158 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 10:16 PM
Specialty Lots?
I think the game only distinguish between lots wth sims and lots without sims. It seems all the unoccupied and community lots of various kinds gets stuffed into the same lot bin. Community lots get a blue square instead of a green one when you place them.
Alchemist
#20159 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 10:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Specialty Lots?
I think the game only distinguish between lots wth sims and lots without sims. It seems all the unoccupied and community lots of various kinds gets stuffed into the same lot bin. Community lots get a blue square instead of a green one when you place them.

No, there's another category in the bin.
Screenshots
Instructor
#20160 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 10:48 PM
I think that's for apartments and hotels.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#20161 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 11:38 PM
I wish I knew a way, that speciality lot area I have only seen working for original Maxis lots, any hotel or apartment you make and place into the bin yourself goes into the general pool.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#20162 Old 23rd Aug 2019 at 1:24 AM Last edited by Sunrader : 23rd Aug 2019 at 1:48 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I wish I knew a way, that speciality lot area I have only seen working for original Maxis lots, any hotel or apartment you make and place into the bin yourself goes into the general pool.

I figured it out.

Not great pics, because they are all tiny 1x1 lots and I'd want to take better pics to keep using it this way, but it works and the tooltips are good enough to identify them. Really happy to get the empty lots out of my regular bin. I don't know how to get them in with the Maxis ones (does anyone else?) but this is good for now.
Screenshots
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#20163 Old 23rd Aug 2019 at 2:39 AM
How did you get them in there?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#20164 Old 23rd Aug 2019 at 4:02 AM
How did you get them in there?

Apparently, putting lots you've created into the Specialty bin so you can find them is just a matter of the file placement and name. They need to be in one of the LotTemplates folders and have the _Permanent attached to the name.

I did it by placing them all from my bin into an empty test hood, so that I could find them from outside the game easily. I, then, closed the game, went to the test hood LotCatalog, added the _Permanent to the file names and moved them to the LotTemplates folder. It doesn't seem to matter which one you put them in. I tried a few different ones and they all worked.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#20165 Old 23rd Aug 2019 at 6:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
Depends on what kind of files they are. Bodyshop files, merge away. Object files, you can merge the master object with the recolours, but you'll also need to select all the MMAT files and give them a unique instance (you need to do this for all merged object recolours. And roofs). Keep the slaved objects separate - in most cases, objects can't be merged anyway. I believe it's something to do with the Group code. You can, I think, merge game stuff, so Life/Pets/Castaway Stories stuff or hiders of game objects, but not CC stuff. Slaved stuff works on internal data, not filenames, so they'll still work just fine.

Thank you! :-D

Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
Apparently, putting lots you've created into the Specialty bin so you can find them is just a matter of the file placement and name. They need to be in one of the LotTemplates folders and have the _Permanent attached to the name.

I did it by placing them all from my bin into an empty test hood, so that I could find them from outside the game easily. I, then, closed the game, went to the test hood LotCatalog, added the _Permanent to the file names and moved them to the LotTemplates folder. It doesn't seem to matter which one you put them in. I tried a few different ones and they all worked.

Omg that's awesome, thank you for sharing!
Scholar
#20166 Old 23rd Aug 2019 at 2:52 PM Last edited by Chris Hatch : 23rd Aug 2019 at 4:44 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
I figured it out.

Not great pics, because they are all tiny 1x1 lots and I'd want to take better pics to keep using it this way, but it works and the tooltips are good enough to identify them. Really happy to get the empty lots out of my regular bin. I don't know how to get them in with the Maxis ones (does anyone else?) but this is good for now.

While the lots are still in the normal lot bin the LotCompressor.zip will enable you to give them an EP value which will place them amongst Maxis lots.

There is a couple of faults on the UI if you extend the specialty lots bin, Maxis never put enough lots in it for the fault to show but if you add enough lots to use the extend button you may well see it. I fixed it in A&N a while ago, I think the fault was just cosmetic but I'll put together a fix soon anyway if anyone wants it.

Edit
Fix here when you want it. SpecialtyLotBinUI.zip (4.1 kB), Bon Voyage min required (Beach Lots)
Screenshots
Alchemist
#20167 Old 23rd Aug 2019 at 5:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
While the lots are still in the normal lot bin the LotCompressor.zip will enable you to give them an EP value which will place them amongst Maxis lots.

There is a couple of faults on the UI if you extend the specialty lots bin, Maxis never put enough lots in it for the fault to show but if you add enough lots to use the extend button you may well see it. I fixed it in A&N a while ago, I think the fault was just cosmetic but I'll put together a fix soon anyway if anyone wants it.

Edit
Fix here when you want it. SpecialtyLotBinUI.zip (4.1 kB), Bon Voyage min required (Beach Lots)

Great additions, thank you! @Chris Hatch, do you know how we can add empty lots to the empty lot templates bin?
Field Researcher
#20168 Old 23rd Aug 2019 at 11:16 PM
Sunrader thanks so much! I hated how that bin was so useless. I play lots of apartments and I hate having them mixed in with all my houses.

Chris Hatch thanks for the bin fix. I'll definitely be using it in the near future.
Field Researcher
#20169 Old 23rd Aug 2019 at 11:29 PM
Regarding apartments:

Whenever I have multiple playable families in an apartment building and one of the families moves out, the game does something stupid. It always keeps at least one sim from the moved family (B) on the lot that shows up when I play with the other families. The family that lives in the apartment building (A) can't interact with this person, and all the sim does is stand by the road and cry, pass out and pee themselves. They can't leave and if I try to delete them it throws an error for all of family A. When I load up family B's new home, it works just fine and that sim is there and in a good mood.

The other things that might happen are:
- after family B moves out, it seems like the game still registers someone as living in the apartment because it cannot be rented out to a new family
- family B still shows up coming in and out of their old apartment, even though they're living somewhere else

Does anyone else have this happen to them? What can I do to stop it? 90% of my sims live in apartments and the only way I can seem to fix this is having all the families move out of the apartment complex, delete it, and then replace it with the same lot and move the families back in. As you can imagine this gets really bloody annoying after a while.

Help?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#20170 Old 23rd Aug 2019 at 11:36 PM
The game does that for everyone, you just have to turn on moveobjects and delete the sims 'ghost' self off the lot. If you leave them they will wet themselves and pass out and the real sim back on their own lot will have that memory. Just do that as soon as you load the lot, they don't come back. No need for any of that other fiddeling around.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#20171 Old 24th Aug 2019 at 12:09 AM
you just have to turn on moveobjects and delete the sims 'ghost' self off the lot

Does this mean I'll have to delete them every time I go into the lot? I've tried this before and it doesn't seem to stick. Half the time it either sends the person back at the end of the workday or freezes up the whole lot.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#20172 Old 24th Aug 2019 at 12:46 AM
Sends what person back to the end of what workday? If using moveobjects does that you have something else going on.

Sim A moves out of the apartment. Next time you load the apartment to play family B, sim A is there. Put on moveobjects, grab sim A and delete them off the lot. Carry on playing. That is all that should happen. They should not show again.

If you have some weirdness with jobs or freezing it sounds like you have a mod conflict or corruption.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#20173 Old 24th Aug 2019 at 1:35 AM
Boo, that's what I was afraid of. Thanks for your help!
Forum Resident
#20174 Old 24th Aug 2019 at 5:49 AM
Why the heck does that [expletive deleted] game decide to make new dormies even though I have the nodormieregen hack installed? And even though I have several unassigned dormies that it COULD have used? What's broken?

As a footnote, the Dormie Gender Controller mod appears to have failed completely. I never get asked any more - the dormies just show up. Yes I tried it with nodormieregen removed - it made no difference. Yes I made sure I had the version that's supposed to be compatible with Eps beyond Uni. Didn't matter.

I think I'm going to have to force this issue....
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#20175 Old 24th Aug 2019 at 6:10 AM
Try running the hack Conflict detector, most times a mod that stops working does so because another mod using the same lines of code was installed and only one can work.

~Call me Jo~
Page 807 of 1345