Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Nov 2008 at 2:04 PM
Default Make the skill meter disappear *FOUND*
I was wondering if there's a hack or cheat that makes the purple skill meter invisible, the way "showheadlines off" makes the speach bubbles disappear. I've searched around on MATY and MTS2 but haven't found anything yet. The wiki Content List doesn't have anything like it under Hacks.

So, does this exist?
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 20th Nov 2008 at 2:21 PM
The only way I know of would be to max out the skill. You can do this for the basic skills (cooking, mechanical etc.) by using debug mode> drag or else in SimPE. For the 'hidden' skills like novel writing, not so easy- I don't know a way of getting rid of those.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Nov 2008 at 11:14 PM
I tried maxing out all the (hidden) skills with the Insimenator and it works. Thanks for the help!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 20th Nov 2008 at 11:25 PM
Ah, well done! Thanks for the tip.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 21st Nov 2008 at 2:48 AM
Well this may be irrelevant now, but one way I have found to get rid of the skillbob for the particular session you are playing in the game is by using moveObjects on and deleting the skillbob. I believe this works with one of the later EPs and onward but it does the job.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 21st Nov 2008 at 2:33 PM
Ooh, never tried that! Of course, you can delete the plumbob so I guess it would work with skill meters, too. Nice tip!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Nov 2008 at 3:33 PM
Thank you fway, that sounds a lot easier than messing around with Insim.
Locked thread | Locked by: linuslover30 Reason: FOUND