Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Oct 2007 at 11:15 PM
Default Strangetown Conspiracy 11: A Brother's Fall (chapter at the end of the thread)
Hello everyone, and thank you for sharing all those wonderful SIMS 2 movies I've enjoyed immensely over the years. I feel that it's high time I repaid each of you in kind, so here are the first two parts of Stangetown Conspiracy, featuring all your favourite (and not so favourite) Strangetown characters.

Here are the links and a brief synopsis:

Strangetown Conspiracy-0 (The Prologue)-Following alien terrorist attacks in SIMNation's Capital City, the President proposes a preemptive strike against aliens residing illegally in SIMNation. This action puts the residents in Strangetown directly in the line of fire. General Buzz Grunt must make a terrible decision: his position as General, or saving the lives of his neighbours.

Having been bullied by General Buzz Grunt since childhood, can Pascal Curious truly trust his old adversary?

Strangetown Conspiracy I- Gathering Storm-As the preemptive strike against the alien terrorist groups believed to reside in Strangetown draws nearer, Nervous Subject's attempts at sleep are thwarted by foreboding images. Are they mere nightmares, or have the years of scientific experimentation on his body yielded unintentional side effects?

Nervous tells Loki and Circe about his strange visions. Are they mere dreams or visions of a dark future? Will Circe and Loki even believe their test subject's words?

If some of you in the Harry Potter community recognize my co-writer Avatar Arkmage, it is because he is one of the guys who wrote one of my favourite fanfics! And he agreed to help me with the writing for this series. Hope you enjoy it!

Strangetown Conspiracy II- A Violent Legacy-The Beakers begin to suspect that Nervous Subject has developed unusual capabilities of foresight; while the price of General Grunt's imminent treason against SIMNation is paid by the entire family.

In a rare, fleeting moment of solidarity, Tank and Ripp lean on one another for support after enduring a beating from their father.

Strangetown Conspiracy 3A- Time of Hate-Part One of Two. The attacks perpetrated by alien terrorist cells have led to an all time high of suspicion against all aliens residing on Earth. Johnny Smith and Ophelia Nigmos fall victim to a zealous street gang who are particularly hateful toward aliens and humans with alien blood.
A street gang, who believes aliens have no place on Earth, chases Johnny Smith through the deserted streets of Strangetown Downtown.

Strangetown Conspiracy 3B- A Time of Hate-Part Two of Two. Nervous's odd abilities strengthen, and all are distressed by the fact that he has indirectly witnessed the assault of Ophelia and Johnny; General Buzz feels remorse over the stout beating he had subjected his sons to, but with his responsibilities toward SIMNation's military, he doesn't chance any further interactions with his sons for fear that he will harm them even more

Loki, Nervous and a battered Ophelia search for Johnny Smith, who they believe to have been beaten and dumped in the desert.

Strangetown Conspiracy 4- Deeper Than By The Blood That Binds Us. Strangetown is in mourning over the murder of Johnny Smith, but they can little afford to grieve, as the pre-emptive strike draws nearer. What connection do Olive, Ophelia and Nervous share, and how much do the Beakers know about this? General Buzz turns up at the hospital as well, but is it to offer his condolences or for another reason entirely?

Nervous ponders the kinship he feels toward Ophelia. Does she cling to him merely because she had been traumatised, or because she may know more about Nervous's identity than Nervous himself does?

Strangetown Conspiracy 5: Death of Innocence
Part 1 of 2. The HMS Wright closes in on Outolaakso, a Northern Province of SIMNation, where alien terrorist activities have been strongly indicated, but what is closing in on the HMS Wright? Pascal asks Buzz what is the reason for the hatred Buzz seems to have felt toward Pascal since their youth, but Buzz is less than forthcoming.
Disturbed that anyone can be so callous when human lives are concerned, Pascal lets his feelings be known.

Part 2 of 2

Although the HMS Wright was one of the ships slated to carry out the pre-emptive strike, is this really the case?

Strangetown Conspiracy Chapter Six: Prisoners of war
WARNING: THIS EPISODE CONTAINS BRIEF, THOUGH NON-SEXUAL NUDITY. Cover the upper part of the screen and only read the dialogue at the bottom if you do not wish to see that part. You can safely watch the movie after approximately 0:16. Having been abducted by the very aliens they had been sent to attack, the surviving members of the HMS Wright do their best to survive the ordeal. Ripp Grunt, who was also captured, fares somewhat better, but what do the aliens truly want from him
[IMG]

[/IMG]Ripp's alien abductors inquire about the wounds on his face and body, and not wishing to disclose the true cause, Ripp fabricates an elaborate lie.

Strangetown Conspiracy 7- Brothers and Adversaries. Some of you have called to my attention the fact that there is a lot of dialogue, and that it sometimes goes along too quickly, especially for those who like to read at a more leisurely pace, or for those whose native tongue is not English. It may help to watch the film with your mouse pointer on the pause button in the YOUTube player. Simply pause as needed to read the dialogue, then resume. Synopsis: The aliens who have abducted Ripp have no understanding of Ripp's entreaties toward his father, and inquire further on the matter. Things become worse for the survivors of the HMS Wright, when an act of sedition is revealed. General Buzz Grunt invites Pascal to his home, but what is his intent?
[IMG][/IMG]
Feeling the weight of all that has transpired far more than he lets on, General Buzz falls to his knees, his thoughts on Ripp.

Nervous once again has frightening visions, only this time, he's fully awake. General Buzz and Pascal begin to settle a score a few decades old.
[IMG][/IMG]
A memory buried by time and the pressures of his career, tears its way back following a confrontation by Pascal

There is an even greater threat to Strangetown, and why do some characters challenge the fourth wall because of it?

The Gender reversed Curious Brothers make an appearance. Say what?!

Go to the end of the thread to watch the latest episode.
Advertisement
#2 Old 20th Oct 2007 at 2:01 PM
Thanks a lot!
It's so good! 5 stars!
And I'm looking so forwards to reading more......
Alchemist
#3 Old 20th Oct 2007 at 2:20 PM
Those are extremely entertaining as well as nicely done! Please do keep up updated :D

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Oct 2007 at 3:48 AM
Thank you very much for the reviews Oceanborn and Ghanima, they were rather fun to create. It's odd how a bloke like me, who neither writes fanfics or made videos before suddenly felt compelled to do this series. I mean, I kept thinking about what if... as far as Strangetown was concerned, and one day, I just started filming. Thanks for the feedback!
#5 Old 22nd Oct 2007 at 4:10 PM
Very nice! Great job for your first videos!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Oct 2007 at 10:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by msnicolejones
Very nice! Great job for your first videos!

Thank you very much for the feedback. As it turns out, making videos is a pleasurable hobby.
Test Subject
#7 Old 9th Nov 2007 at 9:47 PM
might i ask how you got those chains in gathering storm? and if they are decor how did you lock pascal in them?

Elections are won by men and women chiefly because most people vote against somebody rather than for somebody.
- Franklin P. Adams
Alchemist
#8 Old 9th Nov 2007 at 10:32 PM
These are so entertaining...that insight in the Grunts' family life was very touching and well done (you might want to know that the OMSP in the middle of the table was showing, but no big issue :D) I can't wait to see more!

Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 10th Nov 2007 at 8:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mogbog123
might i ask how you got those chains in gathering storm? and if they are decor how did you lock pascal in them?

I acquired those a nearly two years ago from a paysite. I think it was called XXSIMS or something like that (I only support free sites and their endeavors today, but I was a foolish lad then). It was originally meant for naughty play, but it worked well for the interrogation sequence.

Quote: Originally posted by Ghanima Atreides
These are so entertaining...that insight in the Grunts' family life was very touching and well done (you might want to know that the OMSP in the middle of the table was showing, but no big issue :D) I can't wait to see more!

Thank you very much for the feedback, and for pointing out that I hadn't properly turned the OMSP invisible. I'll have to correct that if I ever upload a high resolution version. Now that you've called it to my attention it stands out like a sore thumb in an otherwise somber scene.
#10 Old 12th Nov 2007 at 6:36 AM
Thank you so much, Joe!
I really love it and I'm looking forwards to seeing more. I'm working on my own Strangetown project right now and I really hope and wish there will be a future story out of it. :elephant:

And.... How you made General Buzz was exactly like I had imagined him. Violent.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 7th Dec 2007 at 9:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by oceanborn
Thank you so much, Joe!
I really love it and I'm looking forwards to seeing more. I'm working on my own Strangetown project right now and I really hope and wish there will be a future story out of it. :elephant:

And.... How you made General Buzz was exactly like I had imagined him. Violent.

You're very welcome, it was a pleasure to tell such a story, as the Strangetown Characters are interesting and sometimes I think it's quite the pity that Maxis did not make them the primary neighbourhood. I can't wait to see how you approach your Strangetown story!

Yes, in exploring his character, his memories show that he beat up Loki, Pascal, Vidcund and Lazlo. And at the game's start, he wants to fight with Pollination Technician #9, so he seems to be rather violent.

Hope you enjoy the next chapter (divided into two parts due to it requiring more time to tell the tale.)
Test Subject
#12 Old 8th Dec 2007 at 6:44 PM
These videos were absolutely amazing. I'm looking forward to future installments.
Anyways....I honestly have nothing else to say except for: Poor Johnny! :weep:

My Myspace

"She's just a Devil Woman
With evil on her mind
Beware the Devil Woman
(She's gonna get you...)"
#13 Old 13th Dec 2007 at 4:24 AM
Thank you so much! I really enjoy all the work you have put into it. The desert place, the prehistorical Jenny, Pt 9, Vidcund in the pool and Pascal (he's so sweet).
And I love the action too. So sad that Johnny died. But he was wonderful with Ophelia and he had really shared his love for the humans and the earth. Stupid hooligans........ :eviltongu
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 14th Dec 2007 at 10:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Psychostick_MCRchik's
These videos were absolutely amazing. I'm looking forward to future installments.
Anyways....I honestly have nothing else to say except for: Poor Johnny!

Thank you very much for the feedback! Yes indeed, when we (Avatar Arkmage and I) were first playing with the story, we didn't think anyone would die, but after studying race-based hate crimes, it was a sad reality we felt we had to include.

We're glad you found the videos amazing.

Thank you so much! I really enjoy all the work you have put into it. The desert place, the prehistorical Jenny, Pt 9, Vidcund in the pool and Pascal (he's so sweet).
And I love the action too. So sad that Johnny died. But he was wonderful with Ophelia and he had really shared his love for the humans and the earth. Stupid hooligans........ :eviltongu

Thank you very much for the feedback! Yes it was a lot of work, but then again, nothing if too good for our favourite EAxis made sims eh? They are all so fascinating, that it was a pleasure filming this tale with them.

Yes, hooligans are stupid, and to keep the story realistic we felt it was necessary to depict the gangster just as they were. Both Avatar and I were even squeamish doing the death scene, so in the end, we didn't show him actually being murdered, nor did we show his body up close once the dirty deed was done. Glad you enjoyed it. Hope you enjoy the following parts, and the unused one as well. You can watch it here. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=gM19RfyZ3M0
Alchemist
#15 Old 14th Dec 2007 at 10:56 PM
Yay my favorite sim series updates I love it, it was very touching especially with the exchanges between Buzz and Ripp and Johnny's words (not to mention his heads and the flashbacks from his childhood), and the soundtrack mixed nicely with the story as well, except perhaps for a while in the second series when I felt like two melodies were playing over eachother...

Anyway, great work once again! I really really wanna see how this plays out! It makes me feel like playing Strangetown all of a sudden, which I haven't touched since the last install.

#16 Old 15th Dec 2007 at 2:06 AM
Joe, I love the unused scene. Missy is such a strong woman. She certainly dares to stand up to her husband. Pity Chip isn't a henpecked man. It would have been really useful in that situation!
#17 Old 26th Dec 2007 at 6:01 PM
VERY, very good! Can't wait for the next episode...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 16th Jan 2008 at 11:26 PM
Yay my favorite sim series updates I love it, it was very touching especially with the exchanges between Buzz and Ripp and Johnny's words (not to mention his heads and the flashbacks from his childhood), and the soundtrack mixed nicely with the story as well, except perhaps for a while in the second series when I felt like two melodies were playing over eachother...

Anyway, great work once again! I really really wanna see how this plays out! It makes me feel like playing Strangetown all of a sudden, which I haven't touched since the last install.

Thank you very much for the feedback! Yes, somehow, these Strangetown Characters really wrapped themselves around my brain, so much so that I'm compelled to write about them. Oh yes, Ghanima, by all means play Strangetown, as they are quite an interesting neighbourhood with characters all possessing great backstories. You know, I never intended General Buzz to have such a big role in this series, but somehow, perhaps being the popularity SIM that he is, he got a greater share of the sidewalk.

Joe, I love the unused scene. Missy is such a strong woman. She certainly dares to stand up to her husband. Pity Chip isn't a henpecked man. It would have been really useful in that situation!

Thank you, Oceanborn. The sad part of it all is that her strong character was, in all likelihood, her undoing. If you look in General Buzz's memories, he doesn't even remember his mother, so I concluded that she had either run away from Gereral Chip, or else she had died trying to protect young Buzz, and that those memories being so painful, were blocked by the adult General Buzz.

Quote: Originally posted by bookworm_duo
VERY, very good! Can't wait for the next episode...

Thank you very much for the feedback, Bookworm! The next episode has just been released, and I hope you enjoy it.
#19 Old 17th Jan 2008 at 7:19 AM
Thanks a lot Joe!
I loved this episode but I must say that I laughed a little when I saw the way Buzz walked when he should talk to Pascal in private...... :smash: It was so comical that I had to watch it many times just to laugh. He was really angry and he looked like he was out hunting when I saw the way he walked!
But it was sad........
And I hope there will be some Pascal/Nervous since Nervous looked at the Curious brothers and asked where his family was. But don't reveal anything now.....
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 17th Jan 2008 at 9:52 PM
Thanks a lot Joe!
I loved this episode but I must say that I laughed a little when I saw the way Buzz walked when he should talk to Pascal in private...... :smash: It was so comical that I had to watch it many times just to laugh. He was really angry and he looked like he was out hunting when I saw the way he walked!
But it was sad........
And I hope there will be some Pascal/Nervous since Nervous looked at the Curious brothers and asked where his family was. But don't reveal anything now.....

Thank you very much for the feedback, Oceanborn! Yes, I'll admit to laughing to when watching the finished movie. It wasn't funny during the filming,editing, or post-production, but it was funny watching it when it was finished. It wasn't supposed to be funny, but it turned out that way.

About the Pascal/Nervous er (takes a bite of Peanut-butter with banana and chocolate sandwich and speaks incomprehensibly for a while). And check out the closing credits, which also features deleted scenes and out-takes you may enjoy.
Alchemist
#21 Old 17th Jan 2008 at 10:16 PM
Wow this keeps getting more and more amazing! The animations, facial expression, music, everything were damn close to perfection, plus the final scene with the military base and soldiers was straight out of a SF movie!

I liked the whole thing, especially the subtle details like the look Olive gave Nervous and him hugging Ophelia as well as the first punch Pascal threw at Buzz. Oh and Ripp's smudgy makeup. Everything just added feeling and realism to the episode.

I guess the only detail slightly off was Johnny's "body" in the morgue with a human skintone, but no biggie.

Instructor
#22 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 7:24 PM
Wow I love this everytime I see an update I like it more and more please continue
#23 Old 21st Jan 2008 at 8:02 PM
That is really good, I can't believe it's your first video! It really made me want to go and play Strangetown. Great job, and I hope your next update is soon.
Test Subject
#24 Old 26th Jan 2008 at 11:13 PM
Wow I must say this is realy good it's the first sim's movie to make me shead a tear. I love how you took all of the lore from strangetown to make it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 27th Jan 2008 at 2:48 PM
Wow this keeps getting more and more amazing! The animations, facial expression, music, everything were damn close to perfection, plus the final scene with the military base and soldiers was straight out of a SF movie!

I liked the whole thing, especially the subtle details like the look Olive gave Nervous and him hugging Ophelia as well as the first punch Pascal threw at Buzz. Oh and Ripp's smudgy makeup. Everything just added feeling and realism to the episode.

I guess the only detail slightly off was Johnny's "body" in the morgue with a human skintone, but no biggie.

Thank you very much, Ghanima! I'm amazed that you spotted the fact that the body in the morgue was human coloured, but alas, I could find no green body to put there. Very observant, you are. By the way, if you ever get a chance to watch the deleted scenes/closing credits, could you let me know if I've not credited some one, or even you, for anything at all. I keep thinking I've not credited a few people, for custom content, tutorials etc, and I really want to, as the movie would not be possible without all the talented creators in the community. If you notice anything, tell me please? Thank you in advance!

Quote: Originally posted by TrillianRikku
Wow I love this everytime I see an update I like it more and more please continue

Thank you very much for the feedback, Trillianrikku. It's a pleasure to create this movie, as EAxis has given us a gift of characters, and the game itself, and all the talent in this community has given me the custom content with which to tell the story.

Quote: Originally posted by RuthieA
That is really good, I can't believe it's your first video! It really made me want to go and play Strangetown. Great job, and I hope your next update is soon.

Thank you for the feedback, Ruthie A. Yes, this is my very first movie series, but without all the many talented creators in this community, it would not have been possible. Oh yes, by all means, play Strangetown, it's a delightful place with characters just begging to have their stories told.

Quote: Originally posted by Kacoshiajewl
Wow I must say this is realy good it's the first sim's movie to make me shead a tear. I love how you took all of the lore from strangetown to make it.

Thank you very much for the feedback, Kacoshiajewl! Yes, EAxis gave us a real gift with Strangetown, and I must say that they are a pleasure to write. Yes, in reading the biographies of each character whilst writing, I realized that Strangetown may have had a tragic past, and if it was in the context of our world, it would be even sadder.
Page 1 of 3