Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Aug 2007 at 7:57 PM Last edited by wndy26 : 21st Aug 2007 at 12:57 AM.
Default Are Custom Career Uniforms Possible for Young Adults in University?
Is it possible to create a custom career uniform for young adults in University? How is it different from the adult, elder, and teen career uniforms? Is there a special way to get Young Adults to change clothing while in University for either a career or for attaching to an object via the bhav's?

I created an easel with a custom clothing change for my sims. Basically, sims must have 5 creativity and must be young adult, adult, or elder to use. The clothing change works fine for adults and elders but when my young adult uses the easel their clothing doesn't change. The clothing shows the flag for young adult for both male and female. Is there another flag that needs set for this item to work properly in the University? Any ideas on how to get my young adult to change?

I did some investigating and cloned the university cook stove that the YA can work from in the dorms, which also changes their outfit. It has two global clothing change lines:

In Bhav Interaction - Cafeteria Duty

Line 6 [global 0x029B] Clothes - Change Outfit - External GUID (Const 0x012A:0x08, Literal 0x0000, Temp 0x0000, Temp 0x0001)

Line 7 [global 0x029B] Clothes - Change Outfit - External GUID (My [semi] attribute 0x0016, Literal 0x0000, Literal 0x0000, Literal 0x0000)

I am thinking that Line 6 changes the outfit to the cooking outfit and line 7 changes the sims outfit back to the original when they are done working. Originally, in my easel, I used the primitive Change Outift. Would I need to use the Global instead? I am fairly new to bhav editing and am not sure what exactly these lines within the stove are pointing to exactly. Can anyone interpret what they are doing for me?

Thanks!

A question about line 6: Where does the guid for the custom outfit come into play for using the global Clothes - Change Outfit? I looked and looked but did not see where it was called. Line 5 had what appeared to be a guid within it, but I am at work now so I can't just type it from memory. When I get home, I will update with that line as well. LOL..I am at working thinking about the Sims! LOL