Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jul 2019 at 12:35 PM
PSA: Simcity 4 is on sale!
(I also posted about this on my tumblr, but it would probably get more traction here.

For all of you TS2 hood makers, Simcity 4 is on sale on steam! If you don't know, TS2 has a feature where it would let you import your custom maps from Simcity, to TS2, to use as hoods. It's a great way to make unique hoods, is to make the base in Simcity 4.

If you're planning to make good hoods, you should probably get it. Also, it's just a really fun game in general, even without the cool TS2 feature.

Buy it here!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 4th Jul 2019 at 2:09 PM
Thanks for the heads-up - just bought it! I haven't played this game in years, and you can't go wrong for £2.49, lol!

...Titanium white...
Theorist
#3 Old 4th Jul 2019 at 3:39 PM
SC4 is even better with two or three gigs of CC and mods.
Inventor
#4 Old 4th Jul 2019 at 7:48 PM
Nice . I had it installed via disc but hadn't played it in a long time, due to having lost track of some of my discs during a few moves. It took a little fiddling to get it to launch in the proper resolution and windowed, but I got there in the end! Now if I ever find the missing second disc, I'll have plenty of backup should something go wrong again in the future.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 4th Jul 2019 at 9:53 PM
Simcity 4 terrains also apply to subhoods, right?
Theorist
#6 Old 4th Jul 2019 at 9:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Misaki Chan
Simcity 4 terrains also apply to subhoods, right?

Yeppers, that's how it's done. I had a custom Uni map a long time ago from one of the terrains I downloaded.
Scholar
#7 Old 5th Jul 2019 at 10:18 AM
Thanks so much for the tip! I threw away my SC4 deluxe disk 'cos I couldn't make it run on newer systems. Now I installed the game thru steam on my newest PC with windows10 and it runs smoothly.
Instructor
#8 Old 12th Jul 2019 at 9:40 PM
Yeah, I got it while it was. I had the disc version since 2004. My computer died late June and I had to get a new one. Very few of my games would even install on Windows 10. Sid Meier's Pirates did but wouldn't work - then I saw it added itself to Steam. Unfortunately putting the code from the back of the discs for other games didn't work on Steam. Luckily they were all older games and fairly cheap.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 12th Jul 2019 at 9:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MattGo74
Yeah, I got it while it was. I had the disc version since 2004. My computer died late June and I had to get a new one. Very few of my games would even install on Windows 10. Sid Meier's Pirates did but wouldn't work - then I saw it added itself to Steam. Unfortunately putting the code from the back of the discs for other games didn't work on Steam. Luckily they were all older games and fairly cheap.

My code that came on the manual worked on Origin, so maybe you can get it there.
Instructor
#10 Old 12th Jul 2019 at 9:55 PM
No way. Already got it on Steam and I'm not exposing my computer to EA's spyware/malware/trojan known as Origin.