Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jun 2019 at 7:42 AM
Default Not Having the Standard EP Sims
I know there is a mod or such to get rid of the sims that come with the EPs. I really want it as I HATE having the same ones with every game. Anyone know where it is?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 30th Jun 2019 at 8:09 AM
Jawusa created clean and empty templates for pretty much everything:

Regular Neighborhoods and Subhoods: http://modthesims.info/d/615468/cle...-templates.html
Stealth Hoods: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=520751

Install them and any new neighborhoods you create won't have any townies. The game will create them as needed, or you can use testing cheats to force it to create them. In either case they'll look different than what you have now. This won't change any of your current neighborhoods.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 30th Jun 2019 at 9:33 AM
Note: you have remove the original hoods to have these hoods work properly.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Jul 2019 at 10:59 PM
Does just deleting those hoods without replacing work? I never play those hoods. I just had to reinstall everything (pets disc 1 didn't work, but I have it coming for $5 from ebay.) Any downloads I had I'll have as I had a fairly recent backup - I'd lose recent stuff from the hood I was playing but planned to go to another one anyway. I know I had this before but last install was about 5 years ago.
Theorist
#5 Old 2nd Jul 2019 at 12:04 AM
I'm pretty sure just removing the 'hoods won't work, likely the game wouldn't run since it would be missing important data. In using the empty templates it's not the 'hoods you're removing so much as all the junk they add on like the family bin Sims, Townies, etc. If you don't want the neighborhoods those are easily removed just by removing them from the MyDocuments section of the game.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 2nd Jul 2019 at 9:51 AM
You can delete those hoods from inside the game, but that will not delete the subhoods or the Pleasantview townies (they are the townies that show up in every custom hood) - they will still be in the program files.

So, in order to delete the bin sims, you need to replace the hoods in the program files as per Jawusa's instructions. This will also get rid of the social townies in AL, because they are part of the subhood.

In order to delete the townies from Pleasantview, you need to replace the existing one with the empty one from Jawusa's upload.

If you want empty vacation, business and uni hoods, you need to replace those too.

I am not sure one needs to replace the other main hoods if one is not playing them, but it can't do any harm to be complete.

There will be no sims at all and no townies - new hobby sims, nannies, etc. will generate when the game needs them. New townies will also generate if you don't have the NoTownieRegen mod - if you do, yo need to make townies yourself (or play without them, I guess).
Theorist
#7 Old 2nd Jul 2019 at 3:56 PM
Yeah, I only replaced the Pleasantville one since it holds all the default Townies then replaced all of the stealth hood files since I don't want all those Sims appearing in the bin, which will happen every time a new neighborhood is started without replacing them with the empty templates.

With the default 'hoods that come with the game and expansions, they install with the game/expansion packs so I don't think there's any way of keeping those from generating, so what I was meaning above was to delete them from either the My Documents area of the game or from within the game. I have a newly created set of them backed up for in case I ever want them.
Alchemist
#8 Old 2nd Jul 2019 at 9:03 PM
You don't actually need to replace Pleasantview to get rid of townies. You just rename the N001 template folder as something else, like N001_orig.
You can also just rename the entire folder where N001, 2, and 3 live if you don't want the hoods to generate, and you can do that for all of the Maxis hoods if you want, but for play purposes, just renaming the N001 for townies and deleting hoods in game is fine.

To prevent generation of the bin families you need to replace or disable stealth hoods. I used empty ones until I wanted a clean environment for building subhoods, then disabled them. For play only, if you don't want sims, the only stealth hoods you may want to keep are FT and AL for the hobby and magic lots, so if you want those lots, you want empty stealth hoods for those even if you disable the others.
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 3rd Jul 2019 at 1:55 AM
I actually found a link on MATY that has ones for all the hoods/subhoods and tells you exactly what to do. Still, thanks everyone.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 3rd Jul 2019 at 2:06 AM
No, you don't want the old ones, the newer ones are far safer and cleaner.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#11 Old 3rd Jul 2019 at 4:47 PM
Agree with Jo - Jawua's templates are new, and she also tells you exactly what to do.
Instructor
Original Poster
#12 Old 4th Jul 2019 at 12:37 AM
Well, then I guess I'll get them from the link here once the replacement CD for pets comes. So far I have everything installed except it and M&G. Then I'll move my backup folder to replace the my documents Sims 2 folder. Also have to get the other mod moved so I can play since SecuROM no longer works on Windows 8+.
Forum Resident
#13 Old 8th Jul 2019 at 1:01 AM
Sounds like you're on the right track, MattGo74.

To expand on what's been said, you should know that the Sims 2 community has come a long way in our understanding about corruption and how to prevent it---and a lot of that progress in our knowledge has been in the last decade. Even though the game came out in 2004, what we've learned in the last five years about corruption is so much more than we knew five years before that. That's why it's important to find and use the most up-to-date clean versions: because they keep getting significantly better---and the latest ones will make a surprisingly big difference in keeping your hood trouble-free.

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Instructor
Original Poster
#14 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 4:20 AM
I know about corruption. Been playing since 2004 and watching since not long after. I have everything else I'll start this tomorrow. I have like 8 neighborhoods ready, starting one and be a long time before I need new townies/downtownies/etc. Drunk right now. I have the first 2 houses built for my next hood and will start once 4 are there.
Instructor
Original Poster
#15 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 4:54 AM Last edited by MattGo74 : 10th Jul 2019 at 12:10 AM.
I have everything installed now. Just need this part.
ETA complete and successful. Built some houses in the new hood - Sims were made in it and the Townies, etc made long ago - I have several premade by me hoods made ahead of time.