Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jun 2007 at 11:39 AM
Default Bank Object Creation - Where does a newbie start?
I am interested in working on turning the table-top game purchasing rack into a brochure stand for a bank. I want to create two different ones - one for investing and one for borrowing money. I totally loved the automatic payment hack for the computer - my sim's bank is currently outfitted with 3 desks with computers for the sims to use - but I would very much like to have my "tellers" doing something other than selling games. Also, kudos to the creator of the ATM machine! I love that one too!

My ideas are as such:

The investing rack would have the option of purchasing different monetary amounts of CD's or stocks - each "brochure" could be a type of CD or stock with the option to purchase "numbers" of stocks etc - wording for stocks could put the quantity as shares - with 1 share = to 100 simoleons up to 10 shares = 1000 simoleons. And the CD's could just be simoleon amounts from 1000 to 10,000 or higher. The goal with the investing rack would be such that the sim can earn a profit from the investment - so each type of "brochure" would have a different % of return.

The borrowing rack would have brochures with the option to borrow money to purchase a home (in amounts such as 35,000 up to 100,000 simoleons) or an auto (in amounts from 3500 to 10,000) or for home improvements -such as adding on a room or a house level(in amounts from 1000 to 10,000 or higher). The goal with the borrowing rack would be for the sim to be able to borrow money - purchase whatever - and make payments until its paid off - not really interested in adding interest - just making a set # of payments based on % of the loan until the loan is paid off.

Unfortunately, I am not well versed with creating yet. Where would one start to get this rolling? Can the table-top game rack even be cloned to do this? I would like use this project as a stepping stone to learning more about modding? Does this sound too advanced for a beginner?

Thanks a ton!