Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jul 2023 at 8:24 AM Last edited by sim4fan1 : 5th Jul 2023 at 2:02 PM.
Default Dream Home Decorator - Gig end glitch
Hello, I've been playing a Sims 2 player for years and just recently I've (finally) gotten into Sims4.

The game is quite smooth on my laptop, I do have some "must have mods" but even in a vanilla game I do run into issue with the Home Decorator career. After my Sim asks the family for the final verdict, the game throws a last exception (if I have the MCC activated, it just ends abruptly if I take out the all of the mods). I think out of the (many) gigs my Sim has completed, I had the right pop up only a couple of times. It happens with different clients.

So far I've tried both with and without mods (I don't have that many anyway, but again you never know). I tried with better exceptions and it says there's no mod conflict. I googled and seems like other players have had the same error but no solution:

Last Module Called: resolver.py
Last Function Called: get_participants
Error message: Exception raised while trying to run a test event in test_events.py: (ValueError: Trying to use DoubleSimResolver with unsupported participant: ParticipantType.Listeners), CategoryID: resolver:890

I'm not too bothered about the error but I'm not sure if my Sim is progressing in her career despite having completed many gigs?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 5th Jul 2023 at 10:52 AM
I believe this is an EA error, I also get that after the final verdict, since it's not a mod problem, it's on EA's side. Only thing you can do is post an official Bug Report.

But I doubt it will be on top of EA's priority list, because surprisingly so few people have bothered to report it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Jul 2023 at 1:54 PM
Thank you so much for your answer!

I did see many people reporting it, I just find the EA forum very confusing and couldn't figure out if a solution was offered!

Hopefully they'll fix the bug at some point
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Oct 2023 at 12:06 PM
Hello once again! Just wanted to post a link to the fix for the issue which should (hopefully) make the career playable again
Test Subject
#5 Old 1st Jan 2024 at 12:51 PM
Hi, peeps; I´m not computer savvy; I only have one MOD on my game. I tried many times with MOD on and off, and the decorator gigs do not work at all. I tried 10 or more gigs, and all of them crashed in some way. Some won´t let me finish, and others will skip right through the reveal to finish the job but still won´t let me go back home. I´ve had this pack for years, and it never worked. I wish I could just have my money back.