Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th May 2016 at 6:47 PM
Default Can't create lots in CAW?
So, my game is updated to 1.67, and my CAW version is 0.2.0.197. I have not updated to the most recent versions due to various reports that the latest patch causes the game to stop working for many people. Also, the first time I noticed this issue I was working with Windows 8.1 on a desktop computer, currently having the SAME issue on a new laptop running Windows 10, on a brand new installation of Sims 3 and all expansions and stuff packs. I have not even played the game, nor do I have any custom content installed at this time.

Some weeks back I was working on a new world and my CAW did something it had never done before: It would allow me to create 7 and only 7 empty lots. It didn't matter if I was creating residential or community lots. It didn't matter what world size or geography I was using. I even attempted to edit a different premade world (Riverview, which I did have installed at the time) and the same issue happened. If there were seven lots on the world, no more would be created.

I didn't worry about this so much at the time; I thought perhaps some piece of custom content I had installed was preventing CAW from working correctly, and I knew that it wouldn't be long before I was going to be buying a new computer, so I thought with a fresh installation and no CC I might be able to build the world I wanted and have no further issues.

However, the other day when I got my new laptop up and running, and installed my game, expansions, and stuff packs, then downloaded CAW, I started it up, and... same weird glitch. Has anybody else experienced this? If so, is there a solution?
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 20th Jul 2016 at 12:49 AM
I see this has had a lot of views... nobody has any clue what the problem is?
Space Pony
#3 Old 20th Jul 2016 at 1:31 PM
I've never had that happen before. What happens if you export the world, open it up in game, then and more lots via world editor?
Also 1.67 is the latest sims 3 update. Try updating CAW I know it's been buggy since the latest patch update, I'm personally saving up to repurchase supernatural, and waiting for it to become cheaper, so I can revert back to 1.66 and not have to have 1.67 to play.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 12:45 AM
I had tried opening up a premade and also a user-made world in CAW and it's still doing the same thing. It's quite discouraging. I have since tried updated CAW and experiencing the same issue. I just have no idea what could be the issue. I have searched this problem and can't find anyone else with the same problem. I have been wanting to build a world for my own use for quite a while, but this is making things impossible.