Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6301 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 1:36 AM Last edited by matrix54 : 5th Mar 2018 at 1:02 PM.
I wonder what features we'll be getting beside just weather. Maybe they'll finally introduce terrain sculpting so players (Read: EA) can stop pretending pools are ponds.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Advertisement
Instructor
#6302 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 2:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Teostar
EA customer service has confirmed that Seasons for The Sims 4 is in development. It will most likely be this year's expansion, and will probably be revealed at this year's EA Play event in June. (The Sims France tweeted out a couple days ago that they will have an announcement at EA Play regarding "The Sims's future", so it's probably about Seasons)

Sadly there wouldn't be a trick or treat since it's already in stuff pack. A real beach lot? I doubt since no terrain tool. A new world? I hope so since The Sims 3 Season doesn't feature one.

And oh, I wish recliners would make a comeback in next EP.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Lab Assistant
#6303 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 3:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Teostar
EA customer service has confirmed that Seasons for The Sims 4 is in development. It will most likely be this year's expansion, and will probably be revealed at this year's EA Play event in June. (The Sims France tweeted out a couple days ago that they will have an announcement at EA Play regarding "The Sims's future", so it's probably about Seasons)

It's legitimacy has been called into question since the screen is from a random twitter user, and the address bar shows a website unrelated to EA or Origin.

Customer service isn't the most accurate source anyway. They've said once before that open world was coming. Take all this with a grain of salt.
Field Researcher
#6304 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 9:13 AM
I believe it’s the customer service chat window. Unfortunately I’ve had the experience of chatting to tech support.

With that experience and some rather dubious advice given by them; I don't believe them saying it means jack shit.

Seasons most likely are being worked on but I don’t read this as official confirmation.
Field Researcher
#6305 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 9:30 AM
Update: EA customer service has stated that the release date for said expansion is September 18, 2018. Don't know if this is actually true, but it does make sense for two reasons. One, the release date is approximately three months after the supposed EA Play announcement for the expansion (in June), similar to previous expansions and also the release is on a Tuesday, like previous expansions. Even if this release date is untrue, if the pack is announced at EA Play then September would be the approximate month of release, judging by their previous track record.
Forum Resident
#6306 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 11:49 AM
Personally this information doesn't do anything for me. We all knew seasons would be coming sooner or later and it's not even officially confirmed.
And if it's really true then you really have to wonder how often these "accidental leaks" can even happen
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6307 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 1:10 PM Last edited by matrix54 : 5th Mar 2018 at 2:09 PM.
Why wouldn’t it believable be? Weather has always come out directly before or after pets.

TS1: Vacation > Unleashed
TS2: Pets > Seasons
TS3: Pets > Seasons (from the Redwood Shores team)

While I doubt the legitimacy of the chat, all signs point to Seasons. It’s been that way for a decade now. Let me go and dig up those surveys so we know what to expect...

Edit: After looking at a bunch of surveys, EA makes it very clear that they wants to combine Seasons and vacations together. That, or have the two separated into winter and summer packs.

Also, previously stated has been not restricting SEASONS to just one town. They said nothing about weather or presipitation. They’re always so careful with their words. Keep in mind, none of the towns really look like they get a lot of snow (but could be cold, like Forgotta Hollow), but could definitely get some heat, so prepare to have existing worlds have preset wheather conditions that you can’t change (generally, rain), with new words being tailor made for new content (generally, snow) with light changes to existing world geometry models and object data to change to look like time is passing.

Edit II: Even the okder answer isn’t even a definate yes or no:
Daniel H - “Like, would weather only work in certain worlds? I don't think we would do that.”

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#6308 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 1:47 AM
Even seasons will not save this game for me. I will get it, play until have rebuilt whatever world there is, do whatever there is to do, then go back to 3. I just wrote someone that as soon as my sim has done all to do in the jungle I am heading back to 3. This game just does not hold my attention for long and I do not get attached to these sims as I did with the ones in 3.
Field Researcher
#6309 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 4:35 AM
We need Seasons! Hope it comes soon.

View all My Sims 4 Creations here https://kiarasimsfourmods.home.blog/

Patreon here www.patreon.com/kiarasims4mods

KiaraSims4Mods Discord - https://discord.com/invite/TykFPkY
Theorist
#6310 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 11:20 PM
We're going to get a weather EP first, to add varying weather types. Then they're going to add the seasons one at a time as game packs as additional DLC for the pack with tie ins like

"Dog days of summer"

"Own Sims 4 weather and Cats & Dogs? You'll need Dog Days of Summer SP DLC GP.2, you'll need the base game, Weather GP and Cats & Dogs EP to fully experience the bullsh--I-I mean, brilliant content we definitely didn't just break up and attempt to sell you separately"

"Winter Wonderland" Will require both Outdoor Retreat AND the new Jungle adventure whatchyacallit.

"Fall festivals" will need City Living so it can add another festival to add more fuckery to the damn randomly generated shitshow festival outfits.

"Spring Fling" Will just require every single fucking party pack they ever made, as well as Get Together, so you can do more reskins of shit that already exists, BuT tOgEtHeR.

Christ I'm done.
Instructor
#6311 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 1:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
(Dire prediction of TS4's bleak future...)

I fear you are all but too right.

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Theorist
#6312 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 1:16 AM Last edited by ShigemiNotoge : 7th Mar 2018 at 2:25 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Dixieland
I fear you are all but too right.

.-. so do I.

I mean, I WANT to be wrong, but I FEAR I'm correct...

Not that we have those anymore in The Sims...

ᴿᴵᴾ ˢᶦᵐˢ ²
Instructor
#6313 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 11:25 AM
I fully expect a Seasons expansion to come with it's own array of disappointing restrictions, and wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be some kind of "Winter Wonderland" pack, with a new snowy-icy world, or a "Summer Fun" pack, with a beach holiday world - similar to how they've treated Outdoor Retreat and Jungle Adventures - rather than Seasons as we know it from previous instalments of the game. The worlds we have now are basically Spring/Summer and I think they'd use that as an excuse not to go there.
Scholar
#6314 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 3:51 PM
I'd rather have four packs (one for each season) done by the Game Pack team, than whatever the Expansion team spews out.
Forum Resident
#6315 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 4:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aeval99
I'd rather have four packs (one for each season) done by the Game Pack team, than whatever the Expansion team spews out.
Eh, well, quality-wise I would probably agree, but in the end you would pay 80 (!) bucks for seasons and that's completely ridiculous.
Scholar
#6316 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 5:34 PM
It would be worth it to me. The average new PS4 game costs 60 bucks and has about 40 hours of gameplay. For another 20 dollars I could have hundreds of hours of fun. Plus, who needs summer, we have that already. I'm mostly interested in winter and fall.
Forum Resident
#6317 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 7:37 PM
Are we throwing out theories?!? Me next!

I think Seasons is gonna be a 4-season base expansion with a tie in festival stuff pack that overhauls Cl festivals to be more cheery and ,of course , requires CL to function.
In addition there will be lot traits that intensify whatever moodlets sims receive when experiencing weather.

Someone @ me this September when it drops okay

FOR THE HORDE
Mad Poster
#6318 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 8:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aeval99

If the idea of splitting the seasons into four $20 packs wasn't so....sickening.....I'd be inclined to agree with you. There's definitely a lot more effort put into the game packs than the expansions

The Receptacle still lives!
Mad Poster
#6319 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 8:58 PM
I'm really curious If EA would dare releasing an expansion pack next year that isn't seasons :D
Field Researcher
#6320 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 9:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
I'm really curious If EA would dare releasing an expansion pack next year that isn't seasons :D

wouldn't surprise me at all. I could see them releasing some half assed supernatural pack. you know...something that has just zombies... no other supernaturals... and then releasing a Stuff pack that has a witch in it. Oh yeah, and you would need the Zombie EP to play the Witch Stuff pack.
Instructor
#6321 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 2:00 AM
I wouldn't mind separate expansions if it was something like Spring/Summer together and Autumn/Winter together. Not four separate ones. Although, I really do envision them copping out and just releasing something winter based. I'd love to be proved wrong and see them release something worth a damn though.
Scholar
#6322 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 4:27 AM
I wonder who would want to buy a Spring themed GP, since everyday, it always looks like Spring anyway...
Lab Assistant
#6323 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 4:46 AM
Yeah, it would honestly probably be better if seasons ended up being 2 game packs instead of 1 expansion. It would end up costing the same amount and would probably be higher quality, Game packs seem like they have quality levels closer to what you'd normally expect from expansions, and the expansions just seem like larger stuff packs.
Mad Poster
#6324 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 6:35 PM
Things that might be omitted: temperature, head stroke, freezing (either and all one of them).
Things that we might get: a-furry-snowman-penguin-costumes.
Forum Resident
#6325 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 6:39 PM
Would anyone (that's not a completionist) actually buy a Spring/Summer gp?
I dunno what they could add to make it worthwhile. It's been summer for 4 years.

FOR THE HORDE
Locked thread
Page 253 of 447