Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 4:20 AM
Default Can't edit in game
Hello. I know sims 3 is very old now. I;m using it for a series. Decided to make my own world. CAW loads fine tools work but when i go to edit in town it doesn't work. Starts to go in game. i get black screen then a message that the sims 4 has crashed :-/ Any way to fix this? Thanks.

KISS ROCKS
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 6:14 PM
You mean the sims 3 crashed, I hope? Else I have no idea why it would boost up the sims 4. Hmm well, do you click edit mode IN caw or just simply have the work file exported and work from there? I seem to have some issues too lately that when i'm done building a lot, it won't switch back to CAW correctly (Freezing while loading). I'm not sure if it is SuperCaw, since it's been happening since SuperCaw, so I guess you could try working without SuperCaw?

Else, hmm... which patch update did you download for CAW and what is your game's patch number?
Scholar
#3 Old 15th Jul 2016 at 4:46 AM
Here are a couple of links that might help: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...n-game-crashes; http://modthesims.info/t/496339.

Do you have lots of store content? If so, it may be too much for your computer to handle - CAW, Sims3, and all the store content. You might want to try creating a new EA folder with no store content, then try opening your world in CAW and running EIG to see if that works. If it does, you may have to install only that store content you really want/need for the world. Sometimes lots of CC or mods create problems, too.

I clear all the cache files in both Sims 3 and CAW every time I plan to work in CAW. You can remove the files from the Worldcache file and the WorldBuildercache file, also. Delete everything out of Sims 3 DCBackup except cc.merged.package.

I've read that it helps some people - for Windows 7 at least - to run CAW and Sims 3 as administrator. Good luck with your problem!
Space Pony
#4 Old 16th Jul 2016 at 7:25 AM
Check your DCCache-Backup folder... I think, I'm not home at the moment so I can't check. If it's over 2GBs your CC is causing your crashes. If your like me and can't live without your CC, download CC magic http://modthesims.info/d/461888 and place all of your objects, clothing,store stuff into your downloads folder and run CC magic. Exclude any lots, counter-tops and worlds. Than delete everything in your DCCache folder, and reinstall your worlds, lots and counter-tops via the launcher, (make sure to take them back out of your downloads folder, when you open CCMagic)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Jul 2016 at 2:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlackCat2010
Hello. I know sims 3 is very old now. I;m using it for a series. Decided to make my own world. CAW loads fine tools work but when i go to edit in town it doesn't work. Starts to go in game. i get black screen then a message that the sims 4 has crashed :-/ Any way to fix this? Thanks.

oops yeah i meant sims 3.

KISS ROCKS
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Jul 2016 at 2:18 PM
Thanks everyone. I found out the game itsself couldn't run. a mod or cc conflict.

KISS ROCKS