Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Feb 2019 at 5:32 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default nraas story progression not allowing game to load
I want to start playing with the nraas story progression mod but when the mod is in the package folder the game's second loading screen freezes about halfway through.

I tried loading the game with no mods except story progression and that worked, so it is definitely compatible. Im thinking its a compatibility issue with another mod im using, but I'm not sure which one? Can someone help pinpoint or direct me so somewhere that outlines types of mods that interfere with nraas story progression?

Game has the latest patch as mod is the latest version

Thanks!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th Feb 2019 at 9:31 PM Last edited by igazor : 24th Feb 2019 at 10:12 PM.
Well, there's interfere in the sense that something progression-related is going to go wrong, not work, or kick up errors if more than one mod ends up trying to use the same resources at the same time. That seems reasonable if another mod is attempting to provide progression, an age manager replacement, take over sims' coupling, career progress, pregnancies, etc. That can all happen within gameplay though, not at startup.

But then there's the game won't even launch. That seems odd to me as SP is a Script Mod. Unless...are you still playing the Mac version of the game as our prior discussions (a year ago) indicated? If the game is reaching and trying to exceed its built-in 2 GB RAM limit on loading before things even get started, then that's about it I'm afraid. I've used SP on the Mac version of the game many years ago and was able to (just barely) keep RAM usage under control but I only had something like four or five EPs at the time and far fewer other forms of added content and mods than I do today on Windows. So this could be a resource overload issue, not really one of compatibility.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 1:40 AM
Okay, yeah, now that I think about it is probably a RAM issue. One of these days ill try to start playing on PC ...