Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 8:05 AM
Default Back to Sims 4 What Do I need to Know?
Sorry, I know this has been asked before. I have not played since last May. Have new computer, not at home, in Sims withdrawal, do not want to add all of 3 on yet, so will install 4 on new laptop here. Mainly I just need to know what not to do to avoid current bugs. (Other than not playing 4! LOL)

Do not have latest EP or SP. May add later when on sale.

If you can fill me in on current essential things to know I would appreciate it.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 2:00 PM
Get latest version of Origin and install. You'll probably have no option to not install packs etc. It's automatic.
Right click on Sims 4 (if it appears) and update. You'll get all the patches that came after May and just have to be patient whilst it installs all your packs and updates.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Mar 2019 at 5:24 AM
Thank you for the reply. Is there some aging bug or something that is or was a problem? Others? I am sure a lot has been going on since I played and TBH I was not paying that much attention as was not playing 4 at the time. But now that I am going to play again I want to make sure I can avoid as many problems as possible.
Scholar
#4 Old 25th Mar 2019 at 8:32 AM
The aging bug was fixed, but there's new aging feature which makes it so new created sims will start of with a random number of days instead of 0
MCCC has a setting that allow you to change it back to what it was, where sims start with 0 days in their aging bar.

I don't know if you used to have any mods, but 99.9% all of them broke last November with the Python change
so if you do have anything in your mods folder that is not a cc object, you might wanna delete it and get an updated version of it is available

some more tips about current bugs and how to avoid them:
- avoid living in San Mysuno atm, as it seem to be buggy.
- small pet cages (My First Pet Stuff) are causing issues
- quitting the spotlight (Get Famous) is causing issues, there's a fix here at MTS
- sending your sims to school/work with a sack lunch is causing issues - LittleMsSam has a fix
- too many sims are freezing to death/burning to death with Seasons, LittleMsSam has a fix + Bienchen has a mod that makes sims to auto change cloths to the appropriate ones when they are feeling too cold/hot

LittleMsSam bug fixes:
https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post...andom-small-bug

Spotlight quitting fix
https://modthesims.info/d/624622/qu...eption-fix.html

Bienchen's Seasons mods (she also has some fixes for the awful random outfits NPCs wear)
https://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/mo...r-jahreszeiten/

MCCC discord (very useful updates there about mod news and current AHQ topics)
https://discord.gg/h6GkGyd
Instructor
#5 Old 25th Mar 2019 at 9:08 AM
I am not an expert on the bugs but now you have to go to Answers HQ to get help with them.
https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Mar 2019 at 6:51 AM Last edited by daisylee : 26th Mar 2019 at 8:02 AM.
Thank you so much. This really helps.

I am trying to download just the base game now on Origin and it keeps bouncing all over the place on the time left for the download. And it is going up to 23 hours!!!!!! WTH is with that? It will take days to install all at that pace. How ridiculous.

edit - thank gawd I have the disks. Got base game installed and now it wants 8 hours to update. Then have 22 EPs and packs to install. This will take days, week, years! It was sooooo much nicer when I had disks for everything like I do for 1,2,3. This is insane. End of rant. Going to bed.
One Minute Ninja'd
#7 Old 26th Mar 2019 at 10:34 AM
What kind of internet connection do you have? Origin is slow, but not that sorta slow.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 27th Mar 2019 at 5:42 AM
It is pretty slow here. I am in a tiny town and the high speed is not available. This will take forever.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 27th Mar 2019 at 8:10 AM
Wait... the new “aging feature” is in fact intentional? I thought that was a bug!
Scholar
#10 Old 27th Mar 2019 at 12:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Goldbear
Wait... the new “aging feature” is in fact intentional? I thought that was a bug!

There was a bug that already existing sims and new ones would age (by days) during CAS, depends on how long you were in CAS with them
this new "feature" is for new sims only.. they will get out of CAS with a random number of days added to their lives..

but as I said, you can turn this stupidity off with MCCC..

sounds to me that they didn't really had the time/knew how to fix it as fast/efficient as modders did
and this is all they have managed to do, then called it a feature.

maybe they would also add a Clingy pet trait, to justify the pet pet bug, where the pet fills the sim's action queue with "petting _insert pet name here_" to the top of the window
they claimed to fix this one in every recent patch, but people still have this issue..
LittleMsSam actually fixed it ages ago, and her fix is still available and actually working..