Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Dec 2018 at 10:18 AM
Default 2018 Secret Santa: Applications
If you're interested in participating in the Secret Santa, here's a few questions to answer first.

You can do this right here in the thread:

MTS Username:

What are you good at making?

What EPs do you have? (this is to prevent the Santa from accidentally making something incompatible)

Any suggestions for your Santa?

The deadline for submitting the applications is December 8. The matches will be set up afterwards and PM'd to you, so make sure to keep your inboxes tidy!

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2 Old 3rd Dec 2018 at 10:23 AM Last edited by Bulbizarre : 3rd Dec 2018 at 3:30 PM.
I'll start out.

MTS Username: Bulbizarre

What are you good at making? I'm good at making pet breeds. Not much other than that, I'm afraid.

What EPs do you have? I have all EPs and SPs.

Any suggestions for your Santa? Just do your best to surprise me.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 3rd Dec 2018 at 10:44 AM Last edited by simsample : 4th Dec 2018 at 5:43 PM.
MTS Username: simsample

What are you good at making? Not sure I'm actually good, but I like making neighbourhoods (terrains as well as the lots).

What EPs do you have? All EPs and SPs on disc, plus anygame starter. So can cater for anyone's game!

Any suggestions for your Santa? The funnier the better.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 3rd Dec 2018 at 12:25 PM
I will give it a go, though I am SO slow,,,

MTS Usename Aysarth

Object Workshop jack of all trades. I also have some experience writing careers.

I have all EPs and SPs.

Likes? Sexyfeet. In particular, those Maxis kid's pyjamas with the monster paws default replaced with sexyfeet? That would be good. I also lust after a wall-mounted combi- boiler that shifts up and down. I also like storage units and Maxis build/buy set add ons.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 4th Dec 2018 at 10:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Aysarth
Likes? Sexyfeet. In particular, those Maxis kid's pyjamas with the monster paws default replaced with sexyfeet? That would be good. I also lust after a wall-mounted combi- boiler that shifts up and down. I also like storage units and Maxis build/buy set add ons.

Early Christmas present for you. I did those a while ago. There was a block feet replacement already done and I swapped them with SF. So most of the credit goes to Phaenoh; she fixed the distortion round the ankles.

http://www.simfileshare.net/download/838190/

I'll sign up. Haven't tried one of these before, but I should be able to handle one gift.

MTS Username: Charity

What are you good at making? I can do clothing recolours. Can alter existing meshes; can't make my own. Have made a few foods, but again can't make a mesh from scratch.

What EPs do you have? (this is to prevent the Santa from accidentally making something incompatible) Ultimate Collection

Any suggestions for your Santa? I can't think of anything specific. You can see what sorts of things I like from my creations on MTS.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 4th Dec 2018 at 5:26 PM
Oooh! Don't think I've ever actually uploaded anything here, but I can still give it a go, right? :D

MTS Username: didyouevenmakeasound

What are you good at making? I'm best at homes, family homes specifically, but I suppose I can also do cute, non-specific sims and maybe a shoddily done recolour? But yeah, houses are best for me.

What EPs do you have? (this is to prevent the Santa from accidentally making something incompatible) Ultimate collection, so all of them

Any suggestions for your Santa? I'd love a neighborhood terrain, maybe one that fits with rural Welsh countryside?

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Field Researcher
#7 Old 4th Dec 2018 at 5:28 PM
Yay! @Charity Thank you! That has gone straight into my game.

I should also add I can make SC4 terrains, if anyone wants one.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 5th Dec 2018 at 12:58 AM
MTS Username: lauratje86

What are you good at making? Careers, majors, painting recolours, MogHughson greeting card recolours, lots and SC4 terrains.

What EPs do you have? I have all EP's and SP's.

Any suggestions for your Santa? I love anything with Simlish text, especially food/ingredients clutter (I would particularly love cans of soup and/or jars of pasta sauce and pesto). I like simple, cartoon/clipart/in-game picture recolours of MogHughson's greetings cards. I love seasonal flowers/plants/trees etc. Starter houses (under $20,000, preferably as cheap as possible) on small or tiny lots with two or three double bedrooms (minimum 4x4) would be very useful! I adore really really tiny island terrains which work with beach lots - like some of the ones from the set of 14 islands which ambers_journey shared here on MTS. And any objects or clothing that would fit a nature or prehistoric setting would be fabulous! :-)
Field Researcher
#9 Old 5th Dec 2018 at 7:24 PM
MTS Uername: tcbandie10

What are you good at making?
I have uploaded houses, wallpapers, floors, and careers to MTS. I can make other lot types as well (community, apartment, businesses, dorms). Not too much 😬

What EPs do you have?
I have all the EPs plus IKEA

Any suggestions for your Santa?
-I love maxis match, simlish items and clutter.
-Container or Warehouse converted homes would be awesome for my downtown.
-Athletic Clothing with a similar maxis feel (if that makes sense).
-Im open to anything really that is simlish.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 6th Dec 2018 at 7:18 PM
MTS Username: lylesnake

What are you good at making? lots only. I don't know how to make anything else

What EPs do you have? I have all discs and the UC

Any suggestions for your Santa? I like gender neutral Maxis Match hair and clothes, CC-free lots (although I will download lots with CC if the CC is cool), and interesting objects. For more of an idea of the kinds of things I like, you can check out my downloads tag on my simblr: plumbob-boy.tumblr.com/tagged/ts2cc

My simblr // Check out my neighborhood, River Springs // Message me on Discord! --> LyleSnake#6590 I love to make new friends and talk about the Sims
Alchemist
#11 Old 7th Dec 2018 at 7:53 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 8th Dec 2018 at 11:14 AM.
I've never uploaded here so haven't tried to learn all the ins and outs of testing and such, but I do make things for myself and it'd be fun to try share something with someone interested.

MTS Username: Sunrader

What are you good at making? I'm a quite good writer and make interesting careers that are more story-oriented than the norm. Other than that, just simple things. I can make many objects work autonomously. I modded Pescado's mod to make the zombies eating brains more fun. I can change the 3Dmodel on favorite mods that call Maxis objects so they fit your lot better, like making Pescado's rather awful giant eye baby care mod into a nice Teddy to put in the baby's crib. I have modified menus to be cleaner and easier to navigate such as the over-crowded VC menu and I did a complete rewrite of the magic spells into better poetry in the book and plain English names on the menus. I've taken the time to figure out GridAdjuster to make a no slope basement in a small house or church. Things like that.

What EPs do you have? (this is to prevent the Santa from accidentally making something incompatible) UC, I haven't tried AnyGameStarter, so UC is best.

Any suggestions for your Santa? I am all about story and autonomy. I'd love something to enhance or add surprises to my Gypsy clan or working class sim stories. I've posted a lot, so I'm sure someone could easily think of something I'd like. There's never enough gypsy style clothing. I have also been dying to make sims choose the pool slide totally autonomously but haven't been able to so far and I'd still love my witches to be able to walk to a lot instead of flying on their brooms on their own.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 7th Dec 2018 at 11:14 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 7th Dec 2018 at 11:30 PM.
MTS Username: AndrewGloria

What are you good at making? I think I'm reasonably good at building inexpensive, but value-for-money, houses; I've plenty of experience of building for Sims with a tight budget. And if I have to, I'm reasonably confident I can build similar shops or other business premises. I also do simple clothing recolours and alpha edits (and have been doing them from the very beginning of my game). But, as I myself play on low-resolution graphics, my clothes may contain blemishes which I can't see. And I have to admit most of the clothing I've made is decidedly skimpy, often skin-tight, "painted" onto a nude mesh. It may not be to everyone's taste. So maybe a house or small business is a better idea.

What EPs do you have? Base Game, University, Nightlife. Open for Business

Any suggestions for your Santa? My male Sims do like wearing sexy skimpy clothes. Or a surprise is always nice.
[EDIT] If anyone wants to make me a mod, then Affordable Bills in Dorms (though I'd still rather like to try that one myself one day) or a non-romantic sleepover/stay the night would be nice.

We have unexpected Real Life visitors this weekend, so I may not be able to clean out my In Box as fast as I'd hoped. If you need to send me a private message, and can't send normal PM, it should still be possible to send me an email through my profile page. I'll still clean out my In Box ASAP.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 7th Dec 2018 at 11:59 PM
MTS Username: kestrellyn

What are you good at making? Basically just mods, global or object-based. I don't know much about making default replacements of things like meshes, but I can modify Maxis objects to change their functionality, or even someone else's custom objects if they give permission. I think the way it will work is if I get you, I will check the "hacks and CC you want to see" thread to see if you've posted anything there recently that I can make, and if not I'll PM you and ask you for a request. I want to make sure I make something that is both what you want and possible/feasible, so we might have to discuss a bit before we come up with a plan. So it won't be as much of a surprise, but hopefully it'll still be a nice holiday gift!

What EPs do you have? (this is to prevent the Santa from accidentally making something incompatible) Every EP except BV, although I do have a copy of BV that I could install if I actually got around to it. If you want to make me something that requires BV that's fine, just tell one of the organizers to let me know and I'll install it so I can try out your creation immediately!

Any suggestions for your Santa? My game is always in need of Maxis-match hairs and clothes, although I generally don't plan outfits for children and toddlers, or outfits for other sims other than everyday, pajamas, and formal wear, but I would love more options for those categories. I'm also always in need of large houses for extended and/or multigenerational families, affordable apartments for small families (1-2 adults + 1-3 kids), and community lots with OFB businesses in mind.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 8th Dec 2018 at 8:12 AM
MTS Username:clsve

What are you good at making? Recolours (clothing and objects), converting (Maxis style) clothing meshes to other bodyshapes and ages, complete meshes with morphs (fat and preg), linking Skintones to bodyshapes

What EPs do you have? (this is to prevent the Santa from accidentally making something incompatible) UC

Any suggestions for your Santa? None for the moment
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#15 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 9:26 AM
Thanks everyone! The applications are now closed. @lauratje86 and I will work on assigning the Santas and you should get a PM soon.

Mad Poster
#16 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 11:50 PM
Everyone should now have received a PM (or, in AndrewGloria's case, an email from me) telling them who they will be making a gift for.

If you have any questions, please message the person who sent you that initial PM/email - which will be either myself or Bulbizarre.

I hope that you all enjoy creating your gifts! :-)
Alchemist
#17 Old 10th Dec 2018 at 11:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
Everyone should now have received a PM (or, in AndrewGloria's case, an email from me) telling them who they will be making a gift for.

If you have any questions, please message the person who sent you that initial PM/email - which will be either myself or Bulbizarre.

I hope that you all enjoy creating your gifts! :-)

Just to clarify, to keep it a secret, if we have questions we email the organizer who PMed us, but when the gift is ready, we PM the recipient with a photo and link, right?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#18 Old 10th Dec 2018 at 6:36 PM
Yup.

Mad Poster
#19 Old 11th Dec 2018 at 7:56 AM
Two late people tried to sign up. Should we let them in and just give them each other?