Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jun 2019 at 1:31 AM
Default several nuisances noted please advise
i have notice several nuisances since i bought parenthood, seasons, kids stuff and outdoor retreat. not sure which applies to which(sorry)
1) parents now play with the dollhouses without any toddlers with them.
2)cant stop autonomous dancing i have tried both MSQSIMS and/or the Simsmiller one. I destroyed the two stereos in the cottage we are renting in outdoor retreat to stop them dancing while on vacation(there goes my security deposit lol)
3) every now and then parents will pick up and put down a toddler multiple times before letting the toddlers do what they want( i have the no watch check toddler mod.)
4) is there a way a mod to keep the family inside during inclement weather(on vacation the toddlers went to the outside sofas to have dinner in the rain)
5)when they pack lunches are they supposed to eat them at school/work? if so why are mine just keeping them in their inventory?
I will update this later if i find anymore nuisances.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 12th Jun 2019 at 6:02 PM
1. Can happen in several cases:
A. if a toddler was playing and you've sent a parent to join them
B. if a toddler asked the parent to play and then went to do something else instead, leaving the parent to play alone
C. if the parent has the Childish trait they might go and play on their own

2. You can use either MCCC - auto scan / SCAM to disable any action from being monotonous
http://modthesims.info/d/602837

3. Sometimes toddlers call their parent to put them down if they are stuck somehow somewhere.. you can try to reset them
if you're using high chairs I'll strongly advise you not to..
some interactions parent do with toddlers (like if you want to give them a bath, read them a story and so on) will start with the parent asking the toddlers if they want to..
you better do those while both are standing up.

4. usually sims go to the nearest seat possible, even if it's on another floor, as the vertical distance doesn't matter
make sure to place some armchair of something else that toddlers can sit on near the dining table, it might help.

5. I think they only eat it if their hunger need is low enough, but it never worked for me either (maybe since I send them to school after they have eaten breakfast at home)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Jun 2019 at 9:01 PM
1) i will have to watch for that and C hmmm i will check,i might have added that thru cool1's mod to add reward traits.
2) will check into that as MCCC is one of my gotta have mods.
3)sometimes the kid is just standing there and in comes the parent and scoops the kid up, plops him done pick up and down again. I hardly us highchairs i usually have the parent make a meal and call everyone to the meal.
4) I have had tons of chairs inside and outside and lately with the new additions(packs) it seems that they don't even sit on the floor near the rest of the family now.
5) ah never thought of that, i would have thought hungry or not they would eat the lunchpack.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Jun 2019 at 9:06 PM
new nuisance i found.

6) ok when doing multi-generational families, I usually have branches that i want to have the same name for one or two each down the line i.e John Doe>John Doe II > John Doe III etc. the problem is John the second married Jane who should just be Jane Doe, however I notice its changing her to Jane Doe II. I have to set it as John II Doe instead which doesn't look right. Is this a problem somewhere in lets say MCCC? I can't remember all the settings in there from the top of me poor noggin.
Scholar
#5 Old 12th Jun 2019 at 9:51 PM
It is a setting trough MCCC
MCCC > MC Pregnancy > Other Marriage > Rename Opposite Sex
change it to N = no renaming
unless I understood you wrong.
do you mean you want it to not count the I II II? if it's in the last name it must count it
you can add that to their first name instead.

about the toddler sitting outside to eat, they only sit on sofas/armchairs/benches. they can't sit on regular chairs..
I think they prefer armchairs over the rest too..
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Jun 2019 at 10:47 PM
addendum to 6:
it seams that if its John Doe II his son John Doe gets the III however with the females it needs to be Jane II Doe and Jane III Doe it seems. I just don't want the wife/husband that marries the II etc to get the II etc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th Jun 2019 at 1:06 AM
7) (i am getting upset lol) Anyone notice with the Seasons pack that clothing doesn't stay the same as when you last were in CAS? I just had to go in and give one of the toddler girls a pair of pants for the hot weather outfit. I have been seeing items change in other options also. i like the toddlers wearing the onesie, and then the system changes them into something else. I'd rather not spend a ton of time setting wardrobes and poof tomorrow its something else. I already spend alot of time building and moving stuff around cause i get bored, however with 5 toddlers sometimes 6, i wanna from a distance go oh theres Jane running to the ballpit or there is little johnny running around like a chicken with his head cut off just by their outfits.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 13th Jun 2019 at 2:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Yonzie
it seams that if its John Doe II his son John Doe gets the III however with the females it needs to be Jane II Doe and Jane III Doe it seems. I just don't want the wife/husband that marries the II etc to get the II etc

Names like this never have worked in any of the sims games. There would need to be a separate filed in which to enter "II" or "Jr" but since it's all entered in the surname slot, as far as the game knows that is part of the surname. If you made a sim and entered "Harry" in the first name slot and "Potter the Boy Who Lived" in the surname slot, then if he married a sim named Ginny and she took his surname, she'd be "Ginny Potter the Boy Who Lived." I just accepted years ago that the only thing that belongs in the surname field is in fact the surname.