Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jul 2005 at 7:55 AM
Help with recoloring..game crashing
Hi there all! New here and I'm having a bit of a problem.

I just strted using the Wizards of the SimPE, and been trying to "recolor" paintings. Some work just fine, but clicking on others causes my game to crash.

Basic question is, do I have to use a .png file photo, when pasting over the original? Or does it matter if the new photo is .jpg or bitmap?

Any help would greatly be appriciated. Thanks.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 19th Jul 2005 at 8:09 AM Last edited by CoralCrumbs : 19th Jul 2005 at 8:19 AM.
I don't think it matters, i've used .jpg, on accident, but still.. i had the game crashing problems when i recolored other objects. I know that if you exit Wizards of SimPE before it is finished saving your recolor this happens. To fix the problem, i just deleted the recolor from my downloads folder and imported it again.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 19th Jul 2005 at 12:06 PM
The easiest way to recolor paintings is the use the photo studio plugin. You'll have to get the templates from the SimPE website but once you have them installed it's a breeze.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 19th Jul 2005 at 4:11 PM
No using a jpg to paste over the png has no affect. as long as the finished project is png then it should work fine. It is something to do with what CoralCrumbs said.
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Jul 2005 at 5:02 PM
Thank you all so much. I really appreciate the help!