Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 11:46 PM
This feels sad, I never experienced someone dying withing a community that I like I never knew her but may she rest in peace.
Advertisement
Instructor
#77 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 11:58 PM
Sorry to hear about this...I didn't know her, but I'm sure she was adorable and loved by everyone. Rest in peace, Mootilda.

Let's just agree to disagree.
Field Researcher
#78 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 12:11 AM
So sad too hear this,she was one of my favorite creators.May you Rest In Peace with the angels Mootilda.
Instructor
#79 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 12:34 AM
My most heartfelt condolences to her family. She had wonderful mods and contributed greatly to the community.

Nutty Sims Mommy.
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 12:37 AM
Although I never knew Mootilda, this saddens me the same way as losing a soldier or firefighter I never knew. We are all part of a family, and the loss of one of our own is always heartfelt. I can only respond the same as I would in my firefighter family.....

Rest in Peace sister, we'll meet you on the top floor. Condolences and prayers go out to your friends and loved ones.
Instructor
#81 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 12:50 AM
Rest Easy, Mootilda and thank you for everything.
And thank you Delphy for the announcement and kind words.
Test Subject
#82 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 12:50 AM Last edited by Quatchi : 10th Sep 2014 at 4:57 PM.
In real life Mootilda was my wife. We had known this was coming and we had some time to prepare for it, but it was very sudden when it happened.

Every day when I came home Mootilda would tell me about her day, and all the people she had helped, the interesting problems that she was working on, the discoveries she had made about how the game worked, or some new creation she had made from the tools she had created. This community made her so happy and brought her so much joy. I can't thank everyone enough for helping to give her life purpose.

Before joining the MTS community Mootilda had worked for a computer science research group at a university, then went on to work for Microsoft on Visual Studio, and then into Microsoft's pure research division where she studied techniques for how to make software completely without bugs. Producing high quality programs was always one of her greatest passions in life and I think it showed in everything she did. When she was no longer able to work she turned that passion on the problems in the sims. She was one of the smartest people you will ever meet, and all she wanted to do was to share what she knew with everyone.

I can't say enough good things about my wife. This outpouring of support from everyone has made me cry. I knew how many people she has touched over the years but to see it like this is overwhelming. I loved her dearly, and like everyone else here I will miss her.
Mad Poster
#83 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 1:13 AM
Rest in Peace, Mootilda. You'll be missed by everybody

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Forum Resident
#84 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 1:26 AM Last edited by LilSister : 5th Sep 2014 at 10:45 AM.
Quatchi, I am truly sorry for your loss. Rest in peace Mootilda. You are missed. You were such a great blessing and help to so many of us. I learned so much from you and you were always very patient and kind. The thought of you not being here is just too much ... Quatchi, I pray for your peace of mind and comfort for your heart and spirit. May her love for you and your love for her surround you like a shield.
Mad Poster
#85 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 1:32 AM
Requiescat in pace, Mootilda. The MTS community will miss your words of advice and your willingness to jump in and help, no matter what problem someone was having with their pixellated world, and the friendly face you presented to even the newest member. Thank you.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Test Subject
#86 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 1:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Quatchi
In real life Mootilda was my wife. We had known this was coming and we had some time to prepare for it, but it was very sudden when it happened.

Thank you for sharing a bit of her life with us. I knew of her work (some of her Sims 2 mods were the first content I downloaded after my return to the Sims 2) but never spoke with her personally. My love for you and yours during this difficult time, and all those people affected by her passing.

I am only a longterm lurker, but I know she left a huge, positive mark on the Sims community and everyone was so fortunate to have shared her presence.
Theorist
#87 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 2:05 AM
Quatchi, I am very sorry for your loss. Mootilda was a really nice person who was able to explain things in a way that made them make sense, and she created many helpful programs that make the simming experience a better one. I didn't interact with her much, but I enjoyed the interactions we did have, and I'll miss her.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Test Subject
#88 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 2:11 AM
Wow, that really is heartbreaking news. My condolences to Quatchi and their family, and thank you for sharing with us.

In all honesty, I never knew her. I knew and used a few of her creations, and I always recognized her simply because she had the most adorable avatar on the site.
Kinda makes me realize how a lot of people (myself included) take creators and modders, people who work hard and passionately, for granted. Sure, we click a green "Thank You!" button, but that seems like so little...

Rest in peace, Mootlida. You'll be missed.
Mad Poster
#89 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 2:14 AM
Oh my God.

Quote: Originally posted by Quatchi

I'm so very, very sorry for your loss. I can only offer my dearest condolences to you, and the rest of her loved ones, and hope that she is now at peace.
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 2:23 AM
I am so sorry, My condolences for your loss, Godspeed and smile for she is now at peace, She fought as long as she could, and it was a damn good one.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#91 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 3:02 AM
Quatchi, I am very sorry for your loss and the loss that your families and friends must be feeling.

I did not know Mootilda personally. I knew of her work and knew how integral she was to a lot of different mods for TS2. I trusted her work and, if I saw her name on something, I had confidence in it whether it be download, help, etc. It's been many years since I played TS2 but I still fondly remember, most specifically, the lot adjuster. She will be missed here, one among many places I am sure.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Test Subject
#92 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 3:12 AM
I have no words. I remember when I saw her avatar for the first time in here, it made me laugh, it’s so sweet. I didn't know her, but I read her threads and contributions and I can see how much appreciated she was.
Her pain is gone now.
My condolences for her family and friends.
Rest in Peace.
Forum Resident
#93 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 3:50 AM
Rest in Peace, Mootilda.

The simmer formerly known as Averex
My Claim to Fame
Lab Assistant
#94 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 4:25 AM
Mootilda -RIP. My condolences to the family.

She was a kind person, always very patience with I was new to the site. Maybe start a Moo award on the site in remembrances

RIP Elizabeth "MI AMOR" Reyes
Every 5hrs, A young Queer commits Suicide
Mad Poster
#95 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 4:37 AM
So...She has made Final Ascension.

Although I didn't know her well, I must do my duty as the Scion of the Rainbow Heart (A title I earn when my father's mother died of Parkinson's) to pay my final respects to those who have fallen due to old age, disease, accident or suicide. You will be remembered, Mootilda.

My Condolences, Quatchi to you and yours in this time.

Rest in Peace, Mootilda. You never need to suffer anymore.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Test Subject
#96 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 4:48 AM
Rest in peace Mootilda, no more suffering. My prayers are with your family and loved ones.
Scholar
#97 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 5:27 AM
This is sad news indeed.
I will miss your helpful advice found here, your mods, your presence in the Sims community, Mootilda.

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Field Researcher
#98 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 5:56 AM
RIP Mootilda. Condolences to her family and friends
Test Subject
#99 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 6:00 AM

rest in peace

Although im not english native, it does not exempt me from caring about my grammar, which is usually main reason for editing my posts after submitting.
Test Subject
#100 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 6:11 AM
R.I.P Mootilda.
Massive condolences to her family and friends. I can't imagine what they must be feeling right now.
You will be missed so much.
Page 4 of 19