Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Feb 2019 at 12:06 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Camera screenshots are mostly black (pictures)
I have a new laptop that runs TS2 just fine, except that 95% of the screenshots I take with the in-game camera function have this fun effect going on:

I would guess it's just an issue with playing on a new graphics card (nvidia GTX 1060), and I'm prepared to accept that, but maybe it's fixable? The only relevant mods I have are the radiance lighting system, the one that lets you scroll out farther in CAS, and the fix for sim shadows turning into black boxes. I tried fiddling with the camera options to see if that fixed it (it did not). Once in a while I'll get a picture that looks normal, but I can't figure out why.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 11th Feb 2019 at 12:27 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 11th Feb 2019 at 12:54 AM.
You don't by any chance have an unpatched game combined with using the FT drawing board?
The drawing board can, if used in a play session, sometimes cause weird things to happen to the ingame pictures.

Could also be something graphical that's interfering. Do you play windowed or fullscreen?

I used to have a similar issue a long while ago (on my first laptop), which is one of the reasons I started taking screenshots instead of using the ingame pictures (that, and better quality). I think the issue I had is fixed now, but I haven't used the FT drawing board or the ingame pictures in ages, so I'm not entirely sure.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 11th Feb 2019 at 12:51 AM
^Make sure you are fully patched unless you are on the UC which comes patched.

Are your graphics rules done?

Do you get black graphical issues doing anything else on your laptop?

Have you dusted it out and using a cooling pad?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Feb 2019 at 1:16 AM
I'm playing fullscreen with the UC. I don't have any other problems on this machine, and I'm 100% certain I don't have a heat issue. I'm not sure what I could tweak as far as graphics rules go - I'm able to play on high settings with the correct screen resolution.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 11th Feb 2019 at 3:10 AM
Have you tried using the screenshot key or another screenshot program? The C key only gives small pictures at best.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#6 Old 11th Feb 2019 at 9:58 AM
Just to try and eliminate any ingame issues:
- Start up your game
- When you get to the neighborhood selector, make a new neighborhood (you can delete it later)
- Make a new lot in that neighborhood, a plain one loads faster.
- Move in a family (just pick one from the family bin - doesn't matter, you're just testing)
- Take some pictures on that lot. Don't put anything on the lot that can be drawn or painted on by sims.

If the pictures turn out fine, there might be something wrong in the neighborhood you're using (for instance something like the drawing board issue)
Do the pictures turn out black here too? Then it's a larger problem.