Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Feb 2019 at 6:06 AM Last edited by Debby17 : 2nd Feb 2019 at 7:42 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Sims 3 Launcher won't download .sims3packs and I cannot start my game
UGH! I've been trying for the past day, yeah I know now that long, but it seems like forever, to get the game running again. It ran fine the first time I installed and played. I added custom content and raised the graphics and it still played wonderfully. I exited and tried to install more and that did not work, but I could still launch the game. Oh well, I'll just convert everything into .package and install with CCmagic. Should work fine right? WRONG! Now the game won't start. I have uninstalled and reinstalled two times. I have reset my Sims 3 document folder and restarted my computer. I'm not sure what else I could do.
ETA: My game is on Steam. I tried to install on Origin earlier but I kept getting errors so I went back to Steam.
ETA2: I tried this mod (http://www.modthesims.info/d/623008...in-pc-only.html) and it did not work. Maybe because I have no cache files.
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 2/1/2019, 23:54:15
Machine name: [RETRACTED]
Machine Id: [RETRACTED]
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134) (17134.rs4_release.180410-1804)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: MSI
System Model: MS-7817
BIOS: V6.6 (type: UEFI)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4160 CPU @ 3.60GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8136MB RAM
Page File: 5093MB used, 13282MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
System DPI Setting: 144 DPI (150 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
Miracast: Available, no HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
DxDiag Version: 10.00.17134.0001 64bit Unicode

I have Nvidia (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770) graphics.

Thank you for your help!
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 2nd Feb 2019 at 7:42 AM
I FIGURED IT OUT! I had to fully delete all my old sims 3 files in the download directory. I thought that I did do a clean reinstall but I did not.