Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Apr 2005 at 4:31 AM Last edited by Forcer : 2nd Jun 2005 at 1:16 AM.
Tutorial Joe and Jane ready for a new home?
Can I extract them and place them on another lot?
Is this possible using SimpE?

Don't know why, but I really want those two Sims after just discovering
them the other day.
I hadn't looked at the tutorial since I bought either game and now I'm on a mission to set them free. Lol.
If I can. :\
Thanks in advance for any knowledge shared.
I searched, but didn't see anything about those specific Sims mentioned.
EDIT:
I extracted them and placed them on a blank lot.
They are attached in my third post for those who wanted them.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 20th Apr 2005 at 2:36 PM
Hmm, the Joe and Jane Sims are in the "Tutorial" neighbourhood in the neighbourhood folder. You could try and extract them from that neighbourhood save all of their information in the file, then import them into the your neighbourhood. I'm not sure how to do this though.
Test Subject
#3 Old 21st Apr 2005 at 8:32 PM
I have been wanting to do this too! I fell in love with them. :P
Test Subject
#4 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 12:17 AM
I can do it do yall want them posted?
Field Researcher
#5 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 12:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Maniac
I can do it do yall want them posted?

That would be cool. Thanks.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 12:33 AM
Thank You! Id love to have them as well. Please post them
Test Subject
#7 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 2:25 AM
Ok I will post soon.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 2:31 AM
Yes! I've been trying ever since I posted with no luck. Lol.
Awesome.
Thanks a lot!
Inventor
#9 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 1:44 PM
Well so far all I've managed to do is extract the houses. I have never tried to extract the people. I'd like to have them to move them into one of the houses.
Test Subject
#10 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 9:05 PM
Ok I am still getting all the files that make up tut joe and tut jane. Expect them tomorrow.
Test Subject
#11 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 9:51 PM
I've been wanting to use Tutorial Joe and Jane in one of my houses as well. Thank you very much tomorrow.
Test Subject
#12 Old 25th Apr 2005 at 12:50 PM
Maniac, are they up yet?
Test Subject
#13 Old 1st Jun 2005 at 10:23 AM Last edited by meligroban : 1st Jun 2005 at 11:23 AM.
Yay! I love playing them so it will be cool to have them in the regular neighborhood. It would be great if you could get their house extracted somehow. Is there more than one house? Seems like I remember playing at least two different houses.
Thanks! :D

*Edited to add: Well, I downloaded that lot and put it into my game but Joe and Jane aren't there. There is only an empty lot. The lot shows up in the unoccupied section of the lots bin. Although when I installed the lot with Clean Installer, Joe and Jane were listed so I'm not sure where the are. :wtf2:
Banned
#14 Old 1st Jun 2005 at 10:59 AM
i want there house also
the hoouse that is perect
i did an succesful experinemnt to get their house
but when i got the results it was
i got all 6v tutorial houses on a new neighbour hood and u cant move them and they were placed wrong
half on the road
and when i exported and then tried to place the perfect ones in normal neighbour hood
they were not able to get placed
i mean no atterr where u take them the will always remain redd
so if someone can unlock there houses
i will love
please
Inventor
#15 Old 1st Jun 2005 at 12:26 PM
I'll upload the 3 normal houses I managed to get. I've reinstalled since then so I might have to do it over to get them all again I'll let you know when I get the approval that they've been uploaded.
Banned
#16 Old 1st Jun 2005 at 12:35 PM
oh ok
thanks
Inventor
#17 Old 1st Jun 2005 at 12:59 PM Last edited by Greenlea : 1st Jun 2005 at 1:22 PM.
I'm running into a bit of a problem with 2 of the 3 houses. The New Gameplay house packaged up fine, it's showing up in my Packaged lots folder as a Sims2pack but when I try to package the Basics: Part 1 and Part2 houses I get a different icon and it shows up as being a 0 byte file.

*edit* Since I can't figure out how to package the other two I'm just going to try my best to explain how I did it.

I went in my neighborhoods folder and clicked on the icon for the tutorial neighborhood. Then of course go to lots. There's 6 files in there so as i'm not entirely sure which ones go with which house. So I copied all 6 files and pasted them in the LotCatalog folder which is in the main Sims 2 folder. The houses in there are named like this cx_00000055 so if "cx_00000055" is the last one you'd rename the rest similar such as "cx_00000056", cx_00000057" and so on. Then in game you can find them in the lot bin and place them in your neighborhood. Two lots will be blank and you can delete them, one of the tutorial houses will show up in the lot bin with yellow boxes out on the street but don't worry but they won't show up when you place the lot. There will be another one that has what appears to be 4 houses on one lot, I haven't really messed with it.

I apologize I know I'm crappy at explaining things.
Inventor
#18 Old 1st Jun 2005 at 1:19 PM
Have you done the tutorial? The houses are deleted after use.
Inventor
#19 Old 1st Jun 2005 at 1:23 PM
apparently not. Otherwise I wouldn't have been able to get them out.

Well I don't know actually cause I reinstalled the other day. But anyway I got the houses out of the Tutorial neighborhood folder which I found in the Neighborhoods folder.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 1st Jun 2005 at 10:40 PM Last edited by Forcer : 2nd Jun 2005 at 10:29 AM.
Greenlea: I sorta followed your method, but instead I placed the lot files into a custom Neighborhood/Lots folder.
EDIT: None of what I had posted here worked after experimenting.
So, instead I started to make replicas of the homes from that neighborhood.
I'm done with the blue "NewGameplay' house from the tutorial neighborhood and if anyone wants it, let me know and I'll try and upload it.
I'm gonna make the other two as well, so long as the originals have not been extracted in the meantime.

meligroban: I don't know what could be happening there, but if the lot does show clean and you have no worries, you could try and install it the old fashioned way and see if that works?

Right click the package file and select 'open with'.
Choose 'The Sims 2 Body Shop Package Installer'.
Inventor
#21 Old 2nd Jun 2005 at 1:13 PM
Well see the only reason I done it that way is because I figured it would work, seeing as how you follow the same process sort of when redoing your CAS screen by putting the CAS lot in your lotbin. I have the new gameplay lot packaged up already. The other two wouldn't package for me but they're in my game now.
Test Subject
#22 Old 3rd Jun 2005 at 8:12 PM Last edited by meligroban : 3rd Jun 2005 at 8:25 PM.
Forcer, I tried what you said about Right click the package file and select 'open with Sims 2 body shop package installer' well it worked! I now have tutorial Joe and Jane on an empty lot. I dont know why it didn't work with Clean Installer though. Upload those replicas of the houses you made, I would love to have them. :D

Greanlea, is the house you were able to package up for download?
Test Subject
#23 Old 3rd Jun 2005 at 8:55 PM
Oh, I'm so excited! I absolutely LOVE Tutorial Joe and Jane- and their GORGEOUS houses. I wonder why the Goths' house doesn't look nearly as lovely as theirs? Hm. I can't wait until I can play them!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 3rd Jun 2005 at 10:06 PM Last edited by Forcer : 5th Jun 2005 at 12:49 AM.
meligroban, I'm glad you got them in there.
I'll try and upload the blue house first.....correction, this is going faster then I thought, so I will get all three uploaded for approval at the same time upon completion.

I'm working on the other two right now and will try and upload them when they are done.

Edit:6/04/05
I have all the houses recreated now.

Uploading to this thread didn't seem to work, so I will try and get them uploaded in the Downloads/Lots & Housing/Residential section here at ModTheSims2.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 3rd Jun 2006 at 7:36 AM
Anyone who wants to play in the tutorial neighborhood should look for my upload (currently pending approval). I made the neighborhood playable. If you just want the houses, you will be able to move the sims out and then package up the empty houses. You could even use Inge Jones' "stay things shrub" to prevent furniture from vanishing when sims move out.

The neighborhood is already available for download on moreawesomethanyou.com

geocities.com/saramkirk
Merge Pleasantview, Strangetown, Veronaville. Keep terrains/deco, houses, relationships!