Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Apr 2015 at 9:51 PM
Default caw still crashes when saving in eig after trying all other solutions
Ok my world is not overloaded with stuff. I have a small sized world with about 40 lots. The story is known: I edit in game and when I try to save it crashes. I have tried all I have found. Cleared all caches-both Sims' and CAW's, DCBackup, closed CAW when editing in game. I have CC which I want to use in my world so I keep the CC I want, which btw in a simple game causes no trouble. I have had this problem for a few worlds, actually I have never been able to finish a world because it always comes to a point where it will start crashing. I have also re-installed recently, and again no change. Oh, and I have also created my lots and put them in the library. They are ready to go, but I place one, it will be all ok and when click save, it crashes after a bit. It tries to save, and after about 40 seconds it will crash. (Stop working).
The thing is, this happens repeatedly in m,y worlds. I start off very smooth, and then suddenly this happens after a few Edit in game "sessions" - it is not the number of lots, as it has happened with just a couple of lots in game. Sooo... what is going on??? I have 1.67

Hoard - Collect - File - Index
Catalog-Preserve-Amass-Index
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 4th Apr 2015 at 1:10 AM
You say you've tried all solutions, does that include pulling your DCCache folder and trying to save in EIG with a copy of your world? You mentioned the DCBackup, but that is not the folder which causes the problems, it's the DCCache folder. It's hard to know what information to give you, and since I've responded to people dozens of times with all the information about the DCCache folder, I assume you've already read through that information.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Apr 2015 at 11:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by auntielynds
You say you've tried all solutions, does that include pulling your DCCache folder and trying to save in EIG with a copy of your world? You mentioned the DCBackup, but that is not the folder which causes the problems, it's the DCCache folder. It's hard to know what information to give you, and since I've responded to people dozens of times with all the information about the DCCache folder, I assume you've already read through that information.

well, "cleared all cashes" part meant I deleted all caches folders and files in clearing chaches tutorials etc. both in The Sims 3 folder and Create A World Tool folder. Now, pulling my dccache and try to save in eig , you mean remove the folder while in game? because that I haven't tried.... :/ I am not currently at home, I will try this and update..... I have also tried exporting it as is (half-finished) and then using the .world file from installed worlds to import it in a new test world (from how to edit existing worlds) and the improvement is that it allows me to save one more lot. Then it crashes again in the second save. Also it is a different lot each time (i had considered the possibility of a problematic lot), when I export the world and test it, it runs ok. Now, pulling my dccache and try to save in eig , you mean remove the folder while in game? because that I haven't tried.... :/ I am not currently at home, I will try this and update..... A million thanks for the response!

Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 12:08 PM
Well fyi, this was the only thing that seems to work.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...-store-limit/p1

Space Pony
#5 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 7:00 AM
Seriously!!! I've been hunting for ages for a fix for this, because I've downloaded a ton of crap, and when EIG crashes (used FordGT90Concept's crash log analyzer and it came back saying max memory) Assumed it was all of my mod and store objects, did a quick test and took everything out and EIG worked. But like the OP in the link you posted I wanted my objects in the world. Googled stuff to reduce file size for sim3packs, have yet to do so. But this I'm sure will help greatly. Many many thank you's!!!!

Could a modder put the link Portokalia posted in the EIG crashes post?