Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#8401 Old 22nd Jul 2019 at 4:46 PM
Not sure where I asked these two questions, but I tried to play TS3 yesterday (no Origin) from discs. It's been awhile. One, where is the piano? I don't seem to have one, but I don't have all my EPs reinstalled yet.

Second, settings are all on high in graphics but when I scroll (even in buildmode) in a house, the ground/carpet/wood/tile etc. is blurred like a film over everything but as I get closer to it, that film slides away and I can see the details again. Everything is on high except how many houses to show detail and that's set to 3 by me. Card R7 250x 2GBs.
Advertisement
Scholar
#8402 Old 22nd Jul 2019 at 5:08 PM
The piano comes from Late Night and is located in Study > Skills.
Field Researcher
#8403 Old 22nd Jul 2019 at 5:39 PM
Thank you! I haven't reinstalled it yet. I was wondering how much I have forgotten base or EP object. lol
Instructor
#8404 Old 26th Jul 2019 at 3:57 PM
I made a kinda 90s, cheongsam-esque short dress that I needed from a WA outfit and it turned out decent enough so I wondered if I should share it. Would anybody be interested in something like that? I've never submitted anything for upload here so I'm not sure what the procedure is... I also have a Fendi monogram print pattern but idk if that can be uploaded cause of copyright of the original... Anyway, here's a quick and somewhat crappy preview of said dress:

Scholar
#8405 Old 26th Jul 2019 at 4:33 PM
That cheongsam looks pretty neat. If it's available with pregnancy morph, I'd love to use it. =)
Scholar
#8406 Old 27th Jul 2019 at 5:44 AM
Does anyone know what the deal is with the sims that follow you from the homeworld on vacation? If I delete one, are they gone from the homeworld too? One of them didn't turn out right after the travel. She has no hair and her clothes are meshed in her skins texture. It's freaking me out and my sim kid keeps wanting to interact with the lady in the skin suit! Also she's enemies with a good portion of my active family and I'm just so done with her in normal gameplay...
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#8407 Old 27th Jul 2019 at 6:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tunafishfish
Does anyone know what the deal is with the sims that follow you from the homeworld on vacation? If I delete one, are they gone from the homeworld too? One of them didn't turn out right after the travel. She has no hair and her clothes are meshed in her skins texture. It's freaking me out and my sim kid keeps wanting to interact with the lady in the skin suit! Also she's enemies with a good portion of my active family and I'm just so done with her in normal gameplay...

Did they really attach themselves to the traveling party and become controllable sims or are they foreign visitors? NRaas Register controls tourism; sometimes it seems like sims you have just met will spawn as tourists right when you arrive back home, that could be a coincidence. Tourists (sims from foreign worlds) are mini-sim versions of their full selves, do not arrive with full wardrobes, and cannot be taken into CAS or MC Stylist to fix malfunctions like that. The translucent skin outfit could be bad CC or just something that happens to some of us on occasion.

I would use MC's Go Home command on them if I didn't want strangely skinned/dressed company rather than trying to delete them in any way.

On the other hand, if you fix the unfriendly relationship and feed them, then they may stick around. There's nothing wrong with socially rehabilitating and adopting strays occasionally.
Scholar
#8408 Old 27th Jul 2019 at 10:03 AM
Hm, a couple of random questions. (Please quote me so I find the way back).

1. A gameplay question: I'm currently playing Moonlight Falls (shipped whit the Supernaturals EP) and I do think it's OK whit a lot of suprenaturals in that hood and it's also very OK that my sim (who is a vampire herself) meets a lot of supernaturals in the college world. But I'm not so found of having werewolfs in my Sunset Valley world. I did create one myself to try it out and I think it's OK. That said, I think it's a bad idea to disable werewolfs in the game options menu. So how to prevent more of them to spawn in that world? If the TS3 was like the TS2 it would not be a problem because in the older game werewolfs only takes their supernatural shape at night. But in the newer game they always have their animal looking form.

2. A technical question about downloaded add-ons. So yesterday, after seing LGR's clip about the Roaring Heights "EP", I had this chat online whit Origin. The support agent, who was very friendly btw, claimed that it would be possible to download the pack and play whit it whitout the need for connecting to Origin every time afterwards. I liked that as I don't want that computer to be online every time I play. But what I did forget to ask is if I have to download it to the computer where it's going to be installed or if it would be OK to download on an other computer and transfer it to my gaming computer. I do have my Sims 2 game on my gaming computer and I'm scared that anything should happen to it. Yes, Origin is installed but I'm not logged in. I do think that automatic updates is default and I don't want to risk that the program starts updating mi TS2 if I connect.
Scholar
#8409 Old 27th Jul 2019 at 11:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mrmo
1.Supernaturals.

2. Origin.

1. I killed off all the werewolves in my town and no more were ever created by the game, but I still have fairies, vampires, and witches.

2. I've never purchased through origin so I'm not going to make any promises, but that had been the case through the store.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Scholar
#8410 Old 27th Jul 2019 at 1:15 PM Last edited by tunafishfish : 27th Jul 2019 at 3:15 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Did they really attach themselves to the traveling party and become controllable sims or are they foreign visitors? NRaas Register controls tourism; sometimes it seems like sims you have just met will spawn as tourists right when you arrive back home, that could be a coincidence. Tourists (sims from foreign worlds) are mini-sim versions of their full selves, do not arrive with full wardrobes, and cannot be taken into CAS or MC Stylist to fix malfunctions like that. The translucent skin outfit could be bad CC or just something that happens to some of us on occasion.

I would use MC's Go Home command on them if I didn't want strangely skinned/dressed company rather than trying to delete them in any way.

On the other hand, if you fix the unfriendly relationship and feed them, then they may stick around. There's nothing wrong with socially rehabilitating and adopting strays occasionally.

It says "Abigail Clark, Explorer" when I put the mouse cursor over her. In the home world, she's got base game hair and clothes from the store. This is the first time I've seen anything like this in my game! I tried resetting her and tried to get her in CAS or the Stylist booth and none of it worked. I've tried befriending her in the past, but she's determined to hate my sim family. She's got the knife and a star in the relationship panel. I'll try "Go Home" or fuss with Register. How is the "Explorer/Tourist" system supposed to work?

Edit: "Go Home" worked, though she wasn't happy about it!
Instructor
#8411 Old 28th Jul 2019 at 3:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
That cheongsam looks pretty neat. If it's available with pregnancy morph, I'd love to use it. =)

It does have a preg morph, yes I'll go take some preview pictures and submit it
Forum Resident
#8412 Old 28th Jul 2019 at 3:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by enable_llamas
I made a kinda 90s, cheongsam-esque short dress that I needed from a WA outfit and it turned out decent enough so I wondered if I should share it. Would anybody be interested in something like that? I've never submitted anything for upload here so I'm not sure what the procedure is... I also have a Fendi monogram print pattern but idk if that can be uploaded cause of copyright of the original... Anyway, here's a quick and somewhat crappy preview of said dress:

I would! I'm always interested in different cheongsams, especially if that's a downloadable pattern.
Instructor
#8413 Old 28th Jul 2019 at 5:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lakme
I would! I'm always interested in different cheongsams, especially if that's a downloadable pattern.

That's a base game pattern, just recolored. Understandable if you missed it tho since it's in the absolute horror known as the "Themed" category...

Anyway, it's submitted now; took me longer to take all the preview pics than to make the damn thing Especially since I had no preggo sims anywhere that I could use, I had to pollinate the current one and wait for her to pop in game which took forever There's gotta be a better way to make them show a bump immediately...
Scholar
#8414 Old 28th Jul 2019 at 7:16 PM
Stupid Tempest question: How does it work with Vacation worlds? If I try and make Al Simhara's climate like actual Egypt's climate will it effect the homeworld too? Since time freezes in the vacation worlds when you're not there, that means that next time I'm there it will be fall moving into winter and I can't imagine anything weirder than snow on the sphinx.
Mad Poster
#8415 Old 28th Jul 2019 at 10:20 PM
Stupid Tempest question: How does it work with Vacation worlds? If I try and make Al Simhara's climate like actual Egypt's climate will it effect the homeworld too? Since time freezes in the vacation worlds when you're not there, that means that next time I'm there it will be fall moving into winter and I can't imagine anything weirder than snow on the sphinx.

The mod settings of each connected world are independent of each other. What you change in Al Simhara will stay in Al Simhara unless you take steps to export and import Tempest's settings.

What confuses some players is that the first time a connected world "sees" an NRaas mod, on the travel arrival it picks up the settings of the world being traveled from. But those are just initial settings, after that changes in one world won't affect the others.
dodgy builder
#8416 Old 29th Jul 2019 at 12:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by enable_llamas

If you want to upload here you have to be prepared for changes or even refusal, but do try.

For the Fendi ... was it a dress too? ... you would need permission, or do some changes to it and call it your own. Asking Fendi for permission might not be that hard. They might not answer though, or again refuse, but do try that too. I tried once and got permission, but that wasn't anyone as high-profile as Fendi.

@enable_llamas
dodgy builder
#8417 Old 29th Jul 2019 at 1:02 PM
If I wanted to make a splash park, would sims play in the fountains like they do for the sprinklers? I want to make a playground that also had a splash pad for sims to play on... maybe with a wading area? Is that even possible?

Edit: Does anyone know if it's possible to make a pool with CFE so that there are different depths like you see with lakes and oceans? Does it work?

It can be done making a pool with a kids area, but as attuned said, you will need to get used to some odd game dynamics. There is tutorials on youtube. If I remember right the problem is the pool surface. It doesn't bend the way you want, and sims swim in the wrong place.

@tunafishfish
Instructor
#8418 Old 31st Jul 2019 at 3:06 PM Last edited by enable_llamas : 31st Jul 2019 at 4:34 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
If you want to upload here you have to be prepared for changes or even refusal, but do try.

For the Fendi ... was it a dress too? ... you would need permission, or do some changes to it and call it your own. Asking Fendi for permission might not be that hard. They might not answer though, or again refuse, but do try that too. I tried once and got permission, but that wasn't anyone as high-profile as Fendi.

@enable_llamas

The dress got approved, so no worries there. The Fendi one was just a pattern, but it uses their monogram (and I used a random Google picture to make it) so it's probably a no on here. Seems kinda ridiculous to contact them about a sims pattern, tho
Thanks anyway, Volvenom

Anyway, since I've started sharing stuff I have a couple of new things - an override for the base game Real Flat Cabinets that enables a third channel cause it buggs me how the handles and those panels that go around the top and bottom are lumped together. You have to either have metal panels or wooden handles and both ways look stupid to me... So I separated them and added a third channel. Which was already there, by the way, made to (somewhat) match the second one, just wasn't enabled and included in the mask. I'm not saying that someone at ea was too lazy to draw a rectangle and color it white, but someone at ea was too lazy too draw a rectangle and color it white.

The second are some windows I had no luck with in the wcifs, so I whipped them up real quick. They're addons for the low square window that came with Lucky Palms but made medium and ceiling height. Those are driving me crazy, tho - they're using exactly the same mesh and textures but the new ones appear very slightly off-color with the same default preset. Barely noticeable but just enough to make me mad. Anybody want to test them out in their game to see how they look? Also any ideas on how to fix this very welcome.
Scholar
#8419 Old 1st Aug 2019 at 3:50 PM
People that run a historical game, what do you put on your female sims for swimwear or athletics?
Theorist
#8420 Old 1st Aug 2019 at 4:52 PM
People that run a historical game, what do you put on your female sims for swimwear or athletics?

What era are you looking for?

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Scholar
#8421 Old 1st Aug 2019 at 5:16 PM
I don't know... before 1930? I had some of the All About Style things on my old computer, but she's offline now and there's not an archive of the files.
Theorist
#8422 Old 1st Aug 2019 at 6:17 PM Last edited by HCAC : 1st Aug 2019 at 6:56 PM.
I don't know... before 1930? I had some of the All About Style things on my old computer, but she's offline now and there's not an archive of the files.

I don't play historical neighborhoods but you could try googling historical Sims 3 or something like that to find some clothing. I know it probably takes some digging.

Maybe check out this site (I don't know much about it but it seems like a collection of stuff to look through)
https://ts3history.tumblr.com/

This is from our site here:
http://www.modthesims.info/d/518018...ming-dress.html

I'll keep looking.

What about these bottoms:
http://www.parsimonious.org/fashion.../bottoms_1.html
They're for pjs though...maybe you can convert them for swimwear?

From TSR
https://www.thesimsresource.com/dow...ms3/id/1182231/
Good vintage looking swimsuits

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Scholar
#8423 Old 1st Aug 2019 at 7:22 PM
What do PlantSims do or what can they do? I use nandoalt's mod where any baby born during a full moon gets a random occult state assigned, and I've gotten plantsim babies this way a few times. From what I've seen, they seem super 'easy' to take care of as toddlers and children because they don't have a bladder or hunger bar. And as toddlers, they don't have a need for water, either. (So it's super easy to teach them things in one go, since you don't have to stop for food, toilet, or dirty diapers. Just energy.)
Scholar
#8424 Old 1st Aug 2019 at 8:33 PM
I just read that Master Controller allows for using CAS pieces cross categories, so I think I'll do that. I've got ideas for my legacy... ::evil laugh::

Here's the beginning: https://mayflieslegacy.blogspot.com...es-founder.html

In my game, right now the oldest child has flown the coop, the middle one is a teen, and the youngest is a child. Please be advised that I tackle some difficult subjects head on, but I'm trying to keep things generally light.
Mad Poster
#8425 Old 1st Aug 2019 at 9:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
What do PlantSims do or what can they do? I use nandoalt's mod where any baby born during a full moon gets a random occult state assigned, and I've gotten plantsim babies this way a few times. From what I've seen, they seem super 'easy' to take care of as toddlers and children because they don't have a bladder or hunger bar. And as toddlers, they don't have a need for water, either. (So it's super easy to teach them things in one go, since you don't have to stop for food, toilet, or dirty diapers. Just energy.)

There is a page with information about plantsims here:
https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/PlantSim

Abilities for TS3 plantsims are:
Quote:
PlantSims are able to communicate with plants, including offending them by telling them that their mother was an acorn. They are also better gardeners than other Sims. PlantSims can send flower kisses to other Sims and can also poison them with poison kisses. PlantSims are also able to absorb water puddles to refill their water motive.
Page 337 of 385