Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Sep 2006 at 3:15 PM
Default Pre-ordering pets?
I know there is a thread about pre-ordering however I didn't think it would belong in there so am posting a new one (hope that is ok)

Anyway I am in the UK and want to order pre-order pets, as I’m unsure when I will be able to go out and buy it once it hits the stores (or if it will sell out). So I am just wondering where did everyone else pre-order there game from and good bad experiences with them?
Lastly if I do pre-order when will the game be delivered to my house after the 20th, before or on the day :confused:
Sorry for the questions but I have never pre-ordered a game before.

Any info greatly appreciated
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 23rd Sep 2006 at 3:18 PM
i really don't know but i pre ored mine from the ea store online and it was a good service i just dnt remember the date to which it would be sent to my house

You can call me Tasia
My Writing Blog--> Lost In Reality
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 23rd Sep 2006 at 3:42 PM
I always pre-order from game.co.uk, there are also including the unlockable bandicat. I usually get pre-orders a day early
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Sep 2006 at 4:08 PM
Thanks guys for the help and quick replys! Didn't even think of game lol thank you Anyone else?
#5 Old 23rd Sep 2006 at 10:56 PM
One of my friends from MTS2 always preorders from play.com. She says they are slightly cheaper than anywhere esle,and right now,they are giving a Star Dalmation as a bonus.I dont know if it will be any quicker,however.
And I have bought from amazon before,a gamecube.And it came before the estimated day. Amazon are giving a purple pug bonus.
#6 Old 24th Sep 2006 at 1:45 AM
I preordered mine from Best buy.... though I'm unsure if they're ...mailing it to me or if I get it at the store??
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 24th Sep 2006 at 3:05 AM
I pre ordered it from EB Games but I did that a) because I wanted the unlockable cat and b) since I did it at a store I've been able to put $5 down every paycheck or so( I get paid every two weeks) so right now the game is almost paid off( I owe only $6 and that includes taxes).

I don't know about England but I know here in the U.S. even when I pre order dvds from amazon- they come the DAY OF the release, even if they shipped before street date. Amazon and other stores are given very specific instructions about when things go on sale; and sometimes the packages even have orders to the postmen not to deleiver before such and such date.

I'd only pre order because of incentives like the unlockable pets, all the other sims games I've bought at stores because I prefer to just walk in and pick up the game, thus not having to deal with the postman.
Test Subject
#8 Old 24th Sep 2006 at 9:22 PM
i'm in the Uk and I usually preorder off play.com because it is slightly cheaper than game. This time though I ordered of CDwow because I had a discount there through being a HSBC customer. It's listed at £16.99 (£1 cheaper than Play) but I got £3 off (also managed to get glamour for only £3.99). You don't get anything free but I'm not that bothered. Like play the postage is free and preordered games generally arrive the day or day after release. The only other thing about CDwow is the games come in odd boxes that are fatter than DVD cases, but it's cheap so it doesn't bother me.
Original Poster
#9 Old 24th Sep 2006 at 9:27 PM
Ok thank you for the replies and help guys. Def going to pre-order not so much for the bonuses or price (even though it helps) more in the hope I will get it on the day if not a day sooner, Unlikely and impatient I know I know hehe :D
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 25th Sep 2006 at 7:46 PM
I will pre-order from Amazon, as they are the most reliable online shopping site I have used, and they usually have very fast delivery. This will be the first time I have pre-ordered though, am looking forward to it.
#11 Old 26th Sep 2006 at 1:54 AM
I want to pre-order from play to get the star dalmation, or some unique breed. Mabye people can upload them, unless its against the rules.
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#12 Old 26th Sep 2006 at 8:08 AM
It is against the rules and illegal.