Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Sep 2006 at 8:35 PM
Default The strange and mysterious **BUTTON**
Hey there people, I'm new to the forums and I just wanted to point out something I've seen on a few pictures from TS2 Pets. I've noticed a button on the nieghborhood view toolbar the new button in the corner, it's a paw. Just wondering what it was...

I'm guessing that each EP gets a button? I dunno. What's your thoughts?

Oh and the Create a Family has changed (they added a dog to the pic.)

Advertisement
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#2 Old 24th Sep 2006 at 8:36 PM
It's already been discussed. It will do nothing.
Test Subject
#3 Old 24th Sep 2006 at 8:38 PM
Do you have a pic (link) of this?
In the official chat they said there wouldn't be a new neighborhood but some new lots ...
I don't want a new neighborhood, so I don't care if there's not a new one.
I prefer it when they put their effort in the improved gameplay and the new objects ^^
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#4 Old 24th Sep 2006 at 8:45 PM
There is no new neighborhood. It's just a button that does nothing.
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Sep 2006 at 11:17 PM
Ah, I see. Sorry if I'm too late, I just wanted to bring it up. Oh, and he's the picture:

In the top left-hand corner of the screen, there's the button. What do you think it'll do though? Again sorry if I was too late! Oh and the new CAS button picture thingy.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 25th Sep 2006 at 12:53 AM
It does nothing. If you press it a screen will come up saying it does nothing.
#7 Old 25th Sep 2006 at 1:10 AM
I thought it was a Pets area, like a new village sort of thing?
#8 Old 25th Sep 2006 at 1:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gerbera
In the official chat they said there wouldn't be a new neighborhood

So, no, not a new neighborhood. It's probably just a space filler.
Test Subject
#9 Old 25th Sep 2006 at 1:12 AM
Maybe that was early in the game when pets was still in the process and they WERE going to make a pets neighborhood and then decided not to. So that might be a old picture.
Original Poster
#10 Old 25th Sep 2006 at 1:13 AM
Probably. Each EP might get a button or something?
Theorist
#11 Old 25th Sep 2006 at 2:16 AM
That's probably it. Maybe it's just there so you don't forget that you purchased Pets. There's already several other reminders such as the new CAS button though! Silly Maxis, lol! :P
#12 Old 25th Sep 2006 at 9:01 AM
Maybe its a filter button, like it points out all the houses that have a pet in them.
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#13 Old 25th Sep 2006 at 10:57 AM
Guys since this has already been discussed I'm closing the thread. Please read the posts before responding, it's not 'maybe' anything. Maxis has stated there is no new neighborhood. The icon is there to indicate pets and will do absolutely nothing when you click on it.
Locked thread | Locked by: discordkitty Reason: already discussed on another thread