Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Aug 2005 at 3:02 PM
Things that I'd like to see in Ts2,please someone could help me?
hello!
I'm new on this awesome forum, and I'm sorry by now for my bad english but i'm Italian..
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I write because I'd like to see some things that could add more realism to the gameplay:

1-PREGNANCY: I thing is pretty unreal that mothers-to-be sims never got problems in pregnancy, would be better and would add more thrill if them can even lose her child or that their health comes down so much as they must stay on bed for a long part of the day.. Adding some new option to the medical mod we could monitorate the progressing of pregnancy (mom and baby's health) or we even risk without looking the both life..
It would be good:
20% of pregnancy aborted for any matter
20% of pregnancy in bed
10% mother's death
5% child's malformation that bring him to death until his birth
45% normal pregnancy with the same disturbs like vomiting etc..

2- ILLNESS: I would see some real sickness that comes randomly without any proprie cause, I don't know what but something that if it doesn't known it will bring to death.. For monitoring that could be good add some options to the medical mod (like blood analys, etc..). it would be good to have an option like <switch on/off random sickness>.

- fulminat sickness: 20hours (before death), curable in 10% of cases if discovered into 4 hours
- speedy sickness: 2days (before death), curable in 50% of cases if discovered into 18hours
-slow sickness: 5 days (befor death), curable in 70% of cases if discovered into 2days.
I've in mind that these could be degenerative illness, so more time pass, much bad feels the sick sim.. The cure would be a pill to take 1, 2, or even 3 times a day in proportion to the mortal rate of the sickness.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is my idea, I don't know if it is easy or hard to realize, if anyone could do it or explain me how to do would be great! I'm happy to collaborate with anyone for this project that for me will add more reality and thrill to gameplay.
If someone is interested please send me a private message by forum or write to my mail address..

Thanks by now, Claudio :howdy: :D
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 14th Aug 2005 at 3:11 PM
they are good ideas.
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Aug 2005 at 3:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jms
they are good ideas.

Thanks ,is it possible to realize them?
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Aug 2005 at 11:58 AM
so no one is interested?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 18th Aug 2005 at 12:23 PM
They are good ideas, but they would take a lot of complicated hacking.

I'm not a hacker, but I'm guessing it would involve a heck of a lot of research into the ilness coding in the game, then brand new code would have to be written which would have to incorporate:
ilness tokens, a randomisation system, animations and sounds for the symptoms (animations I know are something that are about as clear as mud for hackers right now: carrigon has made a basket of edible fruit, but she had to use bookcase animations because she couldn't find the eat animations), code nicked from death, and a big modification to the current system whereby if you get enough rest with an illness you recover. Also you'd need to do all the menu stuff to do with medication.

In summary it might be possible (although knowing Maxis it might just as easily not be possible), but if were to happenh you'd need a lot of hackers & meshers working together on it. And unfortunately I have no idea how to get that started.

Sorry!!!! If you get lucky and a major hackers picks the idea up, you might just have struck gold!
Test Subject
#6 Old 18th Aug 2005 at 1:26 PM
I think many of us would like to see mods of behaviours.
The problem is that the coding is very complicated.
It is hard to get people to make mods or meshes for you, let alone new behaviour. The best way is to see what comes up and use them. This requires patience. There is no way you are going to get a child's baseball cap. Nobody will make you one. So how can you expect someone to mod a behaviour?
Field Researcher
#7 Old 18th Aug 2005 at 2:11 PM
If you go to the link on the main page for the Inseminator site, then scroll down for the Inteenimator, that now offers miscarriage options. Varies from Sim to Sim, too. I had one Sim die of starvation while pregnant and she never miscarried, but another lost her baby two hours after conception. It adds a real shot of realism to the game.
Ice Princess
#8 Old 18th Aug 2005 at 2:09 PM
The miscarriage thing has been incorperated into the InTEENimater but that is only for teenagers I believe. You would have to read his documentation to be for certain.

Home of the Sims 2 InSIMenator.net

Stroke my Llama
Instructor
#9 Old 18th Aug 2005 at 2:29 PM
kathy, miscarirage is for adults too(99%sure )
they are good ideas, but would probs be too hard for some of them
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#10 Old 19th Aug 2005 at 6:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wungulai
I think many of us would like to see mods of behaviours.
The problem is that the coding is very complicated.
It is hard to get people to make mods or meshes for you, let alone new behaviour. The best way is to see what comes up and use them. This requires patience. There is no way you are going to get a child's baseball cap. Nobody will make you one. So how can you expect someone to mod a behaviour?

I'd make you a baseball cap! (Except I can't mesh, if I could mesh, you'd have to wait while I fulfilled my own many and varied meshing requests)
Original Poster
#11 Old 21st Aug 2005 at 1:57 PM
what does it mean baseball cap in the matter of my ideas? sorry my english sucks
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 21st Aug 2005 at 3:25 PM
But expectant Sim mothers do die more easily and do need more rest and fun. And there is diseases in the game.

I even had a miscarriage - I like to consider it one, although it was only a glitch (she looked pregnant, she wore maternity clothes and had the pregnant walk but she didn't give birth and one day she was normal again with no baby).
Test Subject
#13 Old 21st Aug 2005 at 3:29 PM
i read somewhere that they did not include problems with pregnancy in the sims because it could upset women who have realy had miscarages, that is also why babies/todlers cant die.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#14 Old 21st Aug 2005 at 3:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sim2fanmenager
what does it mean baseball cap in the matter of my ideas? sorry my english sucks

wungulai was making an example - a baseball cap is easier to make than a new behaviour, so if you can't get a baseball cap (which I guess wungulai can't) then its very unlikely you'll get a new behaviour.
Wungulai - correct me if I'm wrong, which I shouldn't be, having English as my first language!

I say bah humbug to pregnant sims wanting more food/sleep/fun. I have a multi-purpose painting in every house, so its easy. Just as long as I don't have anyone trying to fix ME with a painting if and when I ever get pregnant

Toddlers can't die? *goes off to check*
Test Subject
#15 Old 21st Aug 2005 at 6:54 PM
no they cant, apart from in special rare cases, cos
1)parents save them from a fire - me thinks
2)social worker takes them before they have low enough stats to die
Test Subject
#16 Old 22nd Aug 2005 at 7:23 AM
My sim nearly had a miscarrige today. I am not sure if it is because of a hack Ihave installed or if it was the game. But she started having labor pain before she was even showing and I got a pop up saying something like "that was close. Jodie experianced pre-term contractions and will need to improve her diet and get plenty of bed rest". That was the first time it has ever happeded to me and I think it was good to have that bit of realism in there.
Test Subject
#17 Old 22nd Aug 2005 at 9:07 AM
Do you have the inTeenimater installed? It has that feature in it.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#18 Old 22nd Aug 2005 at 12:15 PM
Does it? I have inTeenimater and I've never had that!
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 3rd Sep 2005 at 6:01 PM
yes i had that too but have yet too have a sim lose a baby
Test Subject
#20 Old 3rd Sep 2005 at 6:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wungulai
There is no way you are going to get a child's baseball cap. Nobody will make you one.

I'm pretty sure there IS a child baseball cap already here at MTS2.... :blah:
Test Subject
#21 Old 4th Sep 2005 at 12:52 AM
the new version of the inteenimator has the miscarrage option and all kinds of new things
Test Subject
#22 Old 5th Sep 2005 at 2:38 AM
for child baseball caps, go to:

http://www.simsconnection.com/index...=2&limitstart=8

(Persistence pays off)
Wungulai
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 1st Dec 2005 at 10:06 PM
Alrightt...I guess I'll try.