Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Duck Defender
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jun 2005 at 1:09 AM
Default Can you create your own music stations?
I know all about how to put mp3's into existing music folders, but I was wondering if it's possible to create new ones. I've got a few different genres I want to add to the existing stations, while keeping the others.

For example: Adding stations like "House" "Trance" "Classical Piano" etc...

Possible?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 16th Jun 2005 at 1:25 AM
I just add music I like to stations I would never listen to. I have Enigma in my "R&B" folder, for example. Just deselect the default music, and tell yourself that X=Y.
Test Subject
#3 Old 16th Jun 2005 at 2:00 AM
What I wanna know is how to get the Sim Radio stations on my IPod! (seriously, is there any way to convert the files to make it playable on your PC?)
Inventor
#4 Old 16th Jun 2005 at 2:18 AM
Laurentor, just change the .package filename of music files to .mp3.

Irt really works, but all the music is in one mp3.
Test Subject
#5 Old 16th Jun 2005 at 3:00 AM
How do you create custom stations? I knew how to do it in Sims1 but, not Sims2? There is probably an old thread about this ...
Test Subject
#6 Old 16th Jun 2005 at 3:59 AM
how do you put muisc into the game!?!?!??!(coming off desperate?)
Duck Defender
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Jun 2005 at 1:17 AM Last edited by Redeemed Life : 17th Jun 2005 at 1:22 AM.
I wonder: Do I have to create a whole new object with new choices?

I know i've seen people edit choices on existing items, I'm just wondering if this is a different monster.
Test Subject
#8 Old 17th Jun 2005 at 10:00 PM
i have no clue how to help you, but i would think that if some one could help you you'd want them to. so why the hell won't you tell me how you put your own music into the game
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 18th Jun 2005 at 3:08 AM
You know how they stuck the downloads folder in "My Documents" when you installed? If you click the 'up' button on your window, you get MyDocuments\EAGames\TheSims2. In this folder, you can click on "Music" and put your mp3s into the folders you find there. It's really simple, folks.
Inventor
#10 Old 18th Jun 2005 at 8:54 PM
silent, they want to make a totally new station. I'm making a tutorial on this.
Duck Defender
Original Poster
#11 Old 19th Jun 2005 at 1:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mod_bv

I love you.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 22nd Jun 2005 at 8:54 PM

When/Where?

It would be appreciated... and you'd probably get more "thank you's" than your hidden cheat thread seems to be attracting! :kami:
Test Subject
#13 Old 22nd Jun 2005 at 9:06 PM

Can't be any harder than adding new tv stations, and I've managed that, just got to package it up with install instructions and upload it...
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 22nd Jun 2005 at 9:12 PM
Okay... so how did you do it?
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 22nd Jun 2005 at 9:52 PM
I wouldn't mind knowing this myself. And you can add more television stations? Is there a tutorial on that?

If its not possible to add more radio stations, hopefully maxis will make more with some expansion pack or other. I hate country music, but a lot of people like it. Why did they remove that station?

Is the glass half empty or half full? Who cares when the glass is broken.
Inventor
#16 Old 22nd Jun 2005 at 10:52 PM
Silent: Hey!

Simfull: It's harder, don't worry :wtf2: , I don't get my own tutorial(not ready yet) myself!
Test Subject
#17 Old 7th Oct 2005 at 10:15 PM
LOL... Editing the TV package isn't too bad, but you also have to edit a text ini file in an obscure folder, and I'm betting that ep2 has it's own damm copy (ep1 did). I'll upload two tv stations and the text next week maybe, I've been kinda busy of late.
Test Subject
#18 Old 23rd Oct 2005 at 1:48 PM
I did a search of this forum, but did not find it. Has the custom radio station tutorial been posted yet?
Inventor
#19 Old 23rd Oct 2005 at 1:57 PM
In another thread, I said that it was imposswible. =Here's the link: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...+Radio+stations
Test Subject
#20 Old 9th Nov 2005 at 12:11 AM
yes how to u create music for ur sims to listen to,i mean for me to listen to when im playing lol,well b/c i have 3 songs i wanted to put on sims radio and sim TV but i dont know how,so HELP
Instructor
#21 Old 3rd Feb 2009 at 7:02 PM
Default Creation of Custom Default Maxis Radio Stations
Quote: Originally posted by Redeemed Life
I know all about how to put mp3's into existing music folders, but I was wondering if it's possible to create new ones. I've got a few different genres I want to add to the existing stations, while keeping the others.

For example: Adding stations like "House" "Trance" "Classical Piano" etc...

Possible?

You try this tutorial - Creation of Custom Default Maxis Radio Stations

Enjoy the Tutorial.

Digitalchaos