Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 6:53 AM
Playing the game?
I am not sure is this the right thread ( I think it is), but I was thinking about something, hope you will sare your comments with me...
I just can't turn on the OFB sims2 game!
I can't!
WHen I saw the new EP pets official it is just, I don't know...stupid to play the sims2 without it?

cheers :howdy:
Advertisement
#2 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 10:40 AM
I think I know what you mean, I kinda get the same feeling. Now that we've heard about the features of pets, I'm just... not that interested in playing right now!
Bah... all I wanna do is add some little pets to my Sim families cos right now they seem incomplete..poor things...and I don't like playing incomplete things:P
#3 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 4:24 PM
Augh I feel the same way. I'll want to play, but once I start playing, thoughts of Pets just come into my mind!
Theorist
#4 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 4:48 PM
I too get the same feeling...I played the game yesterday and even with all the expansions it still feels incomplete. Actually, it's always been that way for me, but it's even worse now that Pets is finally announced.

Really, it's just kind of awkward to have sims and no pets, especially since I hear barking sometimes when I play my families (mentioned in another topic). Of course Superstar and Vacation remakes would be nice, but I find pets to be more essential to the realism of the game if you get what I'm saying. I can do without Superstar and Vacation, but not pets. :einstein
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 11:30 AM
I know, I thought someone will think that way too, yay I am not crazy!!! lol
I just can't play the game...the feel that I will have better game for month or two makes me feel so weird when I play OFB and other newer EP's
#6 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 6:20 PM
Eh I lost my enthiusiasm for playing now. If I start it up, I will be disappointed because it will be petsless. I refuse to play until I get Pets.
#7 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 7:11 PM
I always get like that.

I cannot play once an EP is coming up. Unless I want to prepare.... but not much of that either.

I think that's why there are constantly atleast 15 people in this forum.

WE CAN'T PLAY WITHOUT PETS! AH!
Original Poster
#8 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 7:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Faithlove13xxx
I always get like that.

I cannot play once an EP is coming up. Unless I want to prepare.... but not much of that either.

I think that's why there are constantly atleast 15 people in this forum.

WE CAN'T PLAY WITHOUT PETS! AH!

Nicely said!
You are right, I mean did anyone noticed that this is the only all the time active thread!?
Please we want PETS EARLYER!!!!!! :weep: :confused: :banghead: :weep:
Scholar
#9 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 7:30 PM
yes thats how i am feelign as well i am now mostly just coming up with bodyshop sims that i would like to have when the pets ep come out...i need to get a crazy cat lady made now that i think of it woot!

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
#10 Old 7th Aug 2006 at 11:25 PM
Stop playing? The Sims 2? I must have entered a different parallel universe... I need to get out more. lol. I've actually doubled my playing time. I'm getting ready for pets, building new houses, creating parks, etc.
Test Subject
#11 Old 7th Aug 2006 at 11:30 PM
i often go through phases when i don't want to play, i still go on though to do other things like build and make movies. Actually though with OFB i still don't feel i've made the most of all the new things. Also i like to have a break before a new ep so when i load it for the first time i'm all enthusiastic about playing. Pets isn't making me want to play less though - i know it may a sin to say this but i'm not desperate for pets to come out - i think its going to be amazing and the pets will be cool but if you asked to pick a theme for a new ep i dont think pets would be my first choice.
#12 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 10:58 PM
I feel sad playing my petless Sims households...

But I love my Sims enough to give them attention even when they don't have pets. haha
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 6th Sep 2006 at 2:43 AM
Yeah... I just (by mistake) tried starting a thread like this is regular chat.

I made a new family today after promising myself NO NEW FAMILIES... as most of my sims have kids( I really like the kids and want to have fun with genetics) and I fear the neighborhood is gonna get too small or inbred soonish...

But I made a new family because I wanted to play arround today BUT I don't want ANY of the kids to miss out on terrorizing... I mean playing with the family pet
so no playing most of my key families until pets....

It sadens me that the game isn't coming out for more then a month... I guess I could finish up with the sims I sent to college( I finally sent my first bunch of kids to college a bit ago)...
Field Researcher
#14 Old 6th Sep 2006 at 3:17 AM
I feel the same way too! It's not as bad as when I saw the preview disk for Sims 2, which came with my Makin' Magic EP for Sims 1. Luckily for me, (otherwise I woulda wasted the money for MM), I hadn't bothered to view the disk till six months or so after I got that EP. Ah, slightly relevent tangents!

Anyway, I'm starting the legacy challenge to keep myself occupied. I'm going to try to have 15 generations by the time Pets is out, and I'm going to make sure I include my current families bloodlines. I've started it before, but I always ended up giving in, and cheating. I will not this time! (Well, except for the bloodlines thing. )

Click HERE please, so I can up the sweet sweet page count. Thanks!

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx
Test Subject
#15 Old 13th Sep 2006 at 7:42 AM
I was playing last night & it just didn't feel right without pets, my family have got 2 children, a toddler & a newborn & I guess a cat or dog will complete that family. I always get like this before an ep comes out. Glad to see I'm not the only one. LOL
Scholar
#16 Old 13th Sep 2006 at 10:06 AM
i finally started wanting to play again after trying out the asylum challege thats spark my interest when i saw it a few days agao...its rather a nice change from how i usually play

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
#17 Old 16th Sep 2006 at 11:44 PM
1 more month...
#18 Old 17th Sep 2006 at 8:20 AM
I'm actually still ok playing the game.... as long as the family doesn't have kids. Which does kind of stall me a little. I was playing pleaseantview and I could play Don and the Calliette (one day I'm going to learn how to spell that) sisters but they were getting so much older than the others I'd try to play another family like the Pleasants but then I'd remember that footage from the Gameplay films with the Pleasant family and their dog and I'd think 'I want that before the girls grow up' and I'd stop playing...
#19 Old 18th Sep 2006 at 2:01 AM
lol i feel the same way! wow sims 2 fans are feeling like that. its like you start the game up but you dont know really whats to do cause you know that a better ep is coming. i guess i kinda deal with that by making new homes that have dog runs and fances so no "critters" get in lol.but even when making the new ep modern homes i get that feeling

Minty
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 18th Sep 2006 at 3:22 AM
I just grabbed the Univeristy expansion pack to tide me over until I get Pets, especially since I don't usually get expansion packs the very day they come out. Thus, playing is still addictive.

Come read my first Sims story in ages (for TS4): http://msrebeccawest.tumblr.com/
#21 Old 18th Sep 2006 at 8:53 AM
Haha, good plan. I'm trying to restrict how much I play, just so I can deal with it lol
#22 Old 18th Sep 2006 at 5:28 PM
Haha...dont be so addicted it just 1 more month. 3 days after my birthday :P
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 18th Sep 2006 at 6:32 PM
I'm still playing because there is only one lot I feel is "unplayable" without pets and that one is in a currently backburner neighborhood (the Centowski lot in Armond Heights).
Field Researcher
#24 Old 20th Sep 2006 at 7:12 PM
I started another neighborhood and still creating characters for that. I have 56 created and want to at least hit 100. Then I'll play some of them for awhile to have kids so I'm ready for pets.
#25 Old 29th Sep 2006 at 8:01 AM
So impatient...