Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th May 2008 at 1:25 PM Last edited by Numenor : 20th May 2008 at 4:46 PM.
Zombie in FreeTime?? Numenor says: YES! :)
Hi,

I need your help in order to confirm if zombie is available in FreeTime because I saw the BHAV function named "Zombie - Is Sim a Zombie?" which call twice the "Expansion Pack - EP(param) Installed?" function in order to verify if param=0x1 (University) or param=0xD (FreeTime) is installed.

So I would like to know if the players who haven't got EP1 but have got EP7 can turn their sims into zombies ?
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 9th May 2008 at 1:41 PM
Certainly not - it's likely just a check for whether a sim is a zombie if users have University installed as well as FT. You can't have zombies without University.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Theorist
#3 Old 9th May 2008 at 1:45 PM
No, HP. AFAIK, you can get zombies with FT only. You can get zombie from the genie resurrection wish.
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th May 2008 at 10:33 AM
Ok, thank you treeag for your confirmation !
Field Researcher
#5 Old 15th May 2008 at 7:01 PM
Actually, Zombies were introduced with EP1-UNI and the career reward Resurrectonomitron (or whatever it is called). Kabuto, when you install an EP / SP, the install programm merges the old files into the new files. So if you have all EPs installed, you will see Zombies, Plantsim, Werewolfs etc. in FT, because all older "objects.package" were merged into FT's "object.package".

Insert the FT DVD and open the file "compressed.zip" in the root. There you will find the objects.package from FT, containing only the FT files. HP is right: without UNI you will not get Zombies, because only with the UNI EP all Zombie functions, the skins etc. were published.

Let Teens Live Alone With TeenStar PC
Let Teens Adopt A Baby/Toddler/Child
>>> Check my profile page for further hacks <<<
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 15th May 2008 at 7:18 PM
I could have sworn I read somewhere that someone with only FT was getting zombies from the genie backfire.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 15th May 2008 at 7:32 PM
I'll start SimPE and check the genie lamp. Now I want to know that, too

Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#8 Old 15th May 2008 at 8:08 PM Last edited by Kabuto : 15th May 2008 at 8:29 PM.
Well, I extracted the "objects.package" from the "compressed.zip" and I see these functions are called :

NPC - Unique - Genie group ID : 0x7F285E93
Controller - Wishes - Resurect - Helper group ID : 0x7F3083B0

"Interaction - Wish - Resurrect"
-> "Run Tree by Name (Sub - Resurect Sim)" from Controller - Wishes - Resurect - Helper
---> "Sub - Resurrect - Zombie(nID)"

So I'm not completely crazy !
Field Researcher
#9 Old 15th May 2008 at 8:39 PM
Here's what I found out about the Genie Lamp and resurrecting Zombies:

Group 7F285E93, NPC - Unique - Genie (0x0080), Inst. 100D "Interaction - Wish - Resurrect" calls the named tree "Sub - Resurrect Sim" when the genie lamp wish "Resurrect" is selected. Since GUID 0xD4321C38 (Controller - Wishes - Resurrect - Helper, Group 0x7F3083B0) is created in this process, I switched to that group (and silently thanked Pescado who explained to me how to find the correct tree).

Now, if you follow the program flow of this BHAV, you will eventually notice that there is no way to create a Zombie from the Genie Lamp's "Resurrect" wish. Because the line "[prim 0x0002] Expression (Stack Object's attribute 0x0001 ("Payment Amt") < Const 0x1001:0x02 (Value: 0x101F))" refers ONLY to University where this attribute is set by using this Resurrectothingy and paying money for the resurrection of a sim or pet. But the Genie Lamp does not touch this attribute, and therefore we come to the conclusion: FreeTime does not resurrect sims as Zombies.

Vironin

Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#10 Old 15th May 2008 at 9:30 PM
Well, the zombie is disabled.

So if someone do a mod which replace this condition, the zombie resurrection will be possible, right ?

Thank you everyone for your confirmation !
Field Researcher
#11 Old 16th May 2008 at 4:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kabuto
(...) So if someone do a mod which replace this condition, the zombie resurrection will be possible, right ? (...)

Theoretically, yes, and using this mod for your private game is surely okay. But publishing a mod that enables Freetime customers to use the zombie mesh and the zombie behavior without owning UNI means, you also have to include all zombie resources in your mod, and this might be a copyright violation, so I won't do it

Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#12 Old 16th May 2008 at 1:00 PM Last edited by Kabuto : 16th May 2008 at 1:06 PM.
I was thinking all the zombie resource was already included because "Zombie - Is Sim a Zombie?" verify if FreeTime is present when University isn't I think they began to add zombie but they abandoned the idea.

Well, I must finish my current mod projects but I think I'll try later to override this "Stack Object's attribute 0x0001 ("Payment Amt")" test and see what will happen. it tell me if zombie resource is fully included or not.

Certainly you're right but I need to be sure.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 17th May 2008 at 5:41 AM
The zombie ressources are not fully included in FreeTime. Load the FT objects.package again and list only OBJD. You will see some referrences to Pets, to Seasons, to Uni. There are additional functions needed to "transfer" informations between the Expansion Packs. If you override the Stack Object's attribute, it will definitely work on your installation because you have both FT and UNI (I assume). But if you hand out the finished mod to others who do not have UNI, it will not work. Because FT does only some checks, but has no other zombie resources included.

Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#14 Old 17th May 2008 at 9:23 AM
OK, THANK YOU VERY MUCH about use your time in order to give me a complete answer.

I'll never understand why "Zombie - Is Sim a Zombie?" look for FreeTime.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 18th May 2008 at 5:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kabuto
(...) I'll never understand why "Zombie - Is Sim a Zombie?" look for FreeTime.

Because you now have two objects to resurrect dead sims/pets:
a) the Resurrectonomitron from UNI
b) the Genie Lamp from FREETIME

Both objects call dead sims/pets back into life, but with different effects. When UNI is installed and you pay not enough money to resurrect the sim, s/he will come back to "earth" as a zombie. When FT is installed and you resurrect a dead sim, s/he will come back without restrictions. One behavior with two different effects = one function that does all the checkings. "Is Sim A Zombie" needed to be updated for FT because of the Genie Lamp. It is similar to getting the UI relationship flags. One function checks for all the symbols: friend, crush, love, engaged etc. With FT, this function had to be extended with the new "BFF" code and flag.

Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#16 Old 18th May 2008 at 8:33 AM
Ok, Thanx :D
Theorist
#17 Old 18th May 2008 at 9:03 AM
I swear I read that somebody said they have zombies from genie although they don't have UNI installed. I wonder how that's possible, then.

EDIT: here it is

Quote: Originally posted by starbucks_dreams
THANK YOU! last night i was trying to bring back all my family for pictures and i ended up getting 3 zombies. i had quit i was so frustrated! now i can put them right! but actually, question for this. i DON'T have university installed, it was the FreeTime genie lamp that gave me zombies, does this acknowledge uh, that?

from this thread.
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#18 Old 18th May 2008 at 11:36 AM
starbucks_dreams profile

Quote:
Stuff Packs Purchased: Family Fun, Glamour Life, Celebration, H&M Fashion, Teen Style
Games Purchased: Original, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time
Theorist
#19 Old 18th May 2008 at 12:58 PM
LOL this is getting hilarious. Maybe it'll be easier if somebody could use AnyGameStarter and just see if with FT only you can get zombies or no.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 18th May 2008 at 8:28 PM
This is for sure the last time I post to this thread *lol*

With FT only, there is no way to get a zombie from the genie lamp's resurrect option. The check function is in FT, but it splits itself in two directions:
- UNI installed? If yes: Resurrect selected from Resurrectonomitron? If yes: Sim paid sufficient money? If yes: resurrect; if no: create zombie.
- FT installed, UNI not installed: full resurrect, no zombie.

Good night, everyone! See you in the next thread *laughs*

The ModFather
retired moderator
#21 Old 20th May 2008 at 4:12 PM Last edited by Numenor : 20th May 2008 at 4:41 PM.
Well, this should eliminate every possible doubt...

This snapshot has been taken in a fresh new "Only FreeTime" AnyGame.

I never tried before the "resurrect" option of the Genie, nor I have checked the code, so I can't say whether ALL the resurrections create zombies, or which conditions must be met.
The old man (the asker) was platinum, and no money was asked at all (so, there is no check about the amount paid, like for the Resurrectonomitron).

I would like, also, to explain the file structure of the various EP.
I too thought, at the beginning, that the installation of an EP somehow "merged" the various Objects.package. This is not true: the Objects package that comes with FreeTime contains ALL the objects and BHAVs and other resources from ALL the previous EPs. But then, why can't you have the objects for the EPs that you don't have installed? Because what is missing is the mesh, along with the textures, materials, joint structure etc: basically, everything related to the exterior look of the objects. When you install FreeTime, of course, you DON'T have all the "ObjectsXX.package" (located in Res\3D), and therefore those objects can't be seen in game, even if the main objects.package contains the OBJD, BHAV, SLOT, Text Lists etc. Moreover, each OBJD contains a special "EP code" that prevents an object from appearing in the catalog if you don't have the right EP installed.

Back to zombies
As said, the main Objects.package from FreeTime contains all the BHAVs related to the zombie management, and the "3D" files from FreeTime contain all the animations and textures for the zombies (they are duplicates of the UNI ones: in most cases their name is still "ep1_xyz...").

So, I'd change the title of this thread to "Zombie in FreeTime? YES!"

EDIT: I've resurrected three sims in total, and they all were zombies...

EDIT AGAIN:
I've checked the code; the lamp simulates a payment, based on a random number ("X") between 0 and 100:
X < 20 ---> simulated payment of 0§ ---> resurrect zombie
20 < X < 60 ---> simulate payment of 5000§ ---> resurrect sim with messed up personality
X > 60 ---> simulate payment of 10000§ ---> perfect resurrection.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#22 Old 20th May 2008 at 9:18 PM
Oh noes! =P Now I'm gonna have to try this .. my actual game is non-Uni-but-FT. And one of my sims already has a lamp collecting dust in the corner ..

*goes looking for shotgun download*

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#23 Old 20th May 2008 at 11:30 PM
Plasticbox, now I'm purely guessing, but if you find around a hack (such as a vial or something: I'm sure that someone MUST have created it) to manually turn sims to zombies, I bet that it will work in FT-only games, even if it says "UNI required" -

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#24 Old 21st May 2008 at 12:04 AM
Yeah there are vials and such, but that's no fun -- I like when my sims have unfortunate accidents =)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#25 Old 24th May 2008 at 10:34 AM
Unless such an object is specifically made to actually check for correct expansions and bail out if they are not present, it is likely the object will function in a Freetime only config. Given that most such objects are sloppily made, it is likely that no effort was made to prevent a user from using it inside of an illegal game configuration. The double-expansion calls from above are, obviously, an OR test to check if either Uni OR Freetime is installed, since either one would enable zombies.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.