Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 3:35 PM Last edited by Laigonaz : 12th Apr 2008 at 11:02 AM.
Default Pie Menu in a Pie Menu?
Basically, Im working on a new object that requires more than on pie menus.
What I mean is (example)

There are 3 Pie Menus (Center, Left and Right). In the Center Menu, you have the commands Left and Right. When you click Left, it opens up the Left Pie Menu. And when you Press Right, it opens the Right Pie Menu

Can someone explain how to do this?

EDIT: I have another problem. I did this

Work.../Skills.../Cooking.../Increase

And when I came to play it, all there was is a View Button where the command should be. What should I do?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 12th Apr 2008 at 8:36 AM
Yoou need to use slash - "/" - in menu text string. For example, "Center/Menu Item".
Maxis usually adds "..." before slash - it's not required but it may be good to add it, to follow standard menus - so "Center.../Menu Item".
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#3 Old 12th Apr 2008 at 8:39 AM
Put a .../ in your pie menu names. So in your example you would have

Left.../Left Menu 1
Left.../Left Menu 2
Right.../Right Menu 1
Right.../Right Menu 1

Edit: Bah! Jasana beat me by *minutes*!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Apr 2008 at 9:27 AM
I don't understand. Where do I put the .../?
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#5 Old 12th Apr 2008 at 9:39 AM
In the resource called TTAs. It contains all the strings that show in a menu. Mind you click "Default language only" unless you are multi-lingual and intend to write strings in all languages.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Apr 2008 at 10:25 AM Last edited by Laigonaz : 12th Apr 2008 at 11:01 AM.
Thanks guys.

One last question. I want to increase a skill by one. What's the literal code for it? (You know, 100 is 0064 or something like that)

EDIT: I have another problem. I did this

Work.../Skills.../Cooking.../Increase

And when I came to play it, all there was is a View Button where the command should be. What should I do?
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#7 Old 12th Apr 2008 at 12:46 PM
For skills, one level is 100 points (decimal) or 0x64 points (hex).

A couple of things could explain a view button. Check these:
- Make sure you checked "Default language only". Otherwise you may have only changed one language, and it's not necessarily the one you're playing in.
- Make sure that the TTAB and the TTAs have the same instance ID
- Make sure that that instance ID is the the one that is actually being used by the OBJd

If you're not sure which of these is the problem, post your object here and someone can take a look for you.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 12th Apr 2008 at 7:55 PM
I have tried this and it works

Also, in the pop up wizard in BHAV, where do I find the following things and how do I modify them (Increase value and decrease value) and by how much per level?
Example of what I mean

Fun - MyMotives - Goes up in multiples of 10.

-Skill Points
-Days left until you go to next age
-Temperature
-Influence
-Aspiration
-Funds
-Job Level
-Personality

Please help me. And finally, how do I add a skill point automatically?
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#9 Old 12th Apr 2008 at 8:53 PM
You seem to be trying to condense an entire modding course into one thread Did you ever try any of the tutorials on here? You may find a lot of your questions have already been answered.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 12th Apr 2008 at 9:03 PM
I have looked at almost all of them. Alot of the things on my list aren't there. And some I know of but I want to make sure Im right
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#11 Old 12th Apr 2008 at 9:12 PM
... why not look at some existing items that do these things? There are hacks that already change many of the things you're looking to change, and one of the best ways to learn is to examine what's been done by others. You wouldn't want to copy exactly (and doesn't sound like you would need to anyway) but things like the InSIMenator include functions to do a lot of these things - as do game objects like the Elixir of Life, hot chocolate machine, etc.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 12th Apr 2008 at 9:19 PM Last edited by Laigonaz : 12th Apr 2008 at 9:39 PM.
I shall have a look. I shall EDIT this post if any problems occur

EDIT:Problems have occured. I have checked all the body machines and bookshelves and I can't find anything about increasing skills. Can anyone help?
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#13 Old 13th Apr 2008 at 12:30 AM
Proper (continuous) skilling is a little bit harder to do - Try this tutorial:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=222531
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 13th Apr 2008 at 7:03 AM
WHat I want to happen is the sim automatically recieves a skill point. Any help?
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#15 Old 13th Apr 2008 at 7:13 AM
I'm not sure I quite understand what's not working for you. If you've done this tutorial:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=142907
and this tutorial:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=222531
you should know pretty much all there is to know about giving your sims skills... Is something in particular not working for you?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 13th Apr 2008 at 7:18 AM Last edited by Laigonaz : 13th Apr 2008 at 7:31 AM.
Hold on, Im about to test. Can you give me 5 minutes?

EDIT:It still doesn't work. Right, here's what should happen

The sim goes over to the statue. He does stuff and then afterwards he automatically earns a Logic Point. What do I do?
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#17 Old 13th Apr 2008 at 8:58 AM
That's what the first tutorial teaches. If you've done that tutorial and it's still not working, then you need to give a detailed description of what is and is not working, and post the object here so we can take a look.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 13th Apr 2008 at 11:18 AM
Okay I will. Hold on
Attached files:
File Type: zip  EnchantedVaseFreeV2.zip (17.6 KB, 3 downloads) - View custom content
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#19 Old 13th Apr 2008 at 11:37 AM
You're increasing/decreasing the skills by 0xA, which is 10, not 0x64, which is 100.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 13th Apr 2008 at 11:53 AM
WHat? Lemme see!!!....Laigonaz looks

I'll tyr it now and then I'll report back

EDIT: Im about to test. As I changed it to 0064, should it now work?
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#21 Old 13th Apr 2008 at 12:11 PM
Increasing a skill by "10" grants one tenth of a skillpoint. It works, but you have to do it 9 more times in order to see a full skillpoint. If you wish to grant a whole skillpoint, you have to grant "100".

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 13th Apr 2008 at 12:14 PM
I have made a new topic as the actual problem was solved so I made a new topic based on variables. Im moving over to it now :D