Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#76 Old 30th Dec 2011 at 11:48 PM
If you're looking for some ideas about the new season http://ahstheories.tumblr.com/ is pretty good. I've been scrolling through all of the posts and a lot of them seem quite plausible, like Billie Dean actually being Constance's fourth child, only given away at birth or, as Billie Dean is around the right age, she could have been a student at the school which Tate shot up.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#77 Old 31st Dec 2011 at 1:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Concordia
The scene in the basement lead a lot of people to form the theory that Tate had either (a.) a twin (b.) an alter ego (c.) dissociative identity disorder

Oh Evan definitely knew that he wasn't playing a mentally stable character, but I don't think he was necessarily gearing up for what his character would eventually become. Personally, scaring a girl in a basement isn't necessarily the epitome of disgusting things that Tate has committed, and he actually became less insane as the episodes went by until episode 8 were it went FULL BLAST.

I actually put down my theory that Tate suffered a mental disorder pre-house ghost. At least not from the typical depression symptoms etc (And paranoia). The school shooting he committed seemed to be in effect from the drugs he was taking (and added stress from mother/house) at least that's what I feel RM was hinting at. Growing up with a mother that murders her husbands doesn't help either I suppose...

Yes, I (stupidly) thought that Tate was a twin - I was puzzled by a lot of things that ended up seemingly meaning nothing. Like why Tate didn't seem to remember that he shot up the school. And why Constance could live in the house twice and not get killed by a ghost.
Test Subject
#78 Old 31st Dec 2011 at 5:16 PM
omg.
that explains everything.....lol now i understand that show.
thank you!!!
Instructor
#79 Old 3rd Feb 2012 at 8:17 PM
I realize that this tread has been asleep for a month, but I just had to chime in!!!!!! I love that show so much!!!!! However, did you guys know that the new season is going to be verry diffrent than this one was? The story will be about a new american horor story. I read in entertainment that it will not be about a haunted house, it will not be set in LA, and it will be a diffrent scary story with diffrent characters alltogether. The creator said that this seasons theme was infidelity, and the next season will be difrent... However, he also said that he may bring back Constance and the devil child in a future season in new york.

I don't take requests. :-)

"You with this lovely baby blue/green huge eyes and this evil touch...couldn't be more adorable" - My Vera
Mad Poster
#80 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 12:52 AM
Just read this article on EW on who will be back next season. http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/03/02/a...os-coming-back/
I'm happy that Zachary Quinto will be back.
Mad Poster
#81 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 7:14 PM
I saw this brief article about the new season - American Horror Story's New Season Will Be Set in a Different Era
Mad Poster
#82 Old 30th Apr 2012 at 9:47 PM
I haven't read a lot about it. Does anyone know whether Dylan McDermott will be in it?

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#83 Old 8th May 2012 at 3:13 PM
I just saw this - AHS Season 2 .

No Dylan McDermott
Mad Poster
#84 Old 8th May 2012 at 11:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoseCity
I just saw this - AHS Season 2 .

No Dylan McDermott

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#85 Old 23rd May 2012 at 3:59 AM Last edited by RoseCity : 23rd May 2012 at 4:59 AM.
Vulture, the online culture/arts part of New York magazine, had an interview today with Ryan Murphy, so I excerpted the part about AHS.

Vulture: To move on to your other show, American Horror Story was about marriage and infidelity set in a haunted house. What is the second season about?

Ryan Murphy: It's set in an institution for the criminally insane that Jessica Lange's character runs, which is a really, really, really fun thing to do because you can write all these people locked up in it. And I guess if the first season was about infidelity, the second season is about sanity. What makes someone sane or insane? Sometimes the people you think are insane are actually the most sane of all. It’s fun to write about people who society throws away.
I haven't said this publicly, but the new season is set in the sixties and Chloë Sevigny, for example, plays a character who was put in an asylum because she was a woman who likes sex, so her husband sends her away. At the time, you were able to put people
away for that. Another character is institutionalized for being a lesbian. To me, there's nothing more scary than somebody coming to you and saying they're going to take you away and put you in a mad house and you have no legal rights and there you shall stay
till the end of your days. That is a real horror. Everybody has felt people thinking, "You're fucking crazy." Even somebody saying that to you is scary.

Vulture: You've said the second season will be very much "The Jessica Lange Show." Did you come up with the idea in response to how well she was received in the first season?

Ryan Murphy: I actually had the idea first. I knew the first season was about a very contemporary haunted house, and I knew the second season was gonna be - if we were lucky enough to be picked up - about an insane asylum done in a very different way. I pitched it in the very beginning, and FX said, "Good. We hope the first season works 'cause we love the second season." I even know what the third season would be. There are very, very many different kinds of haunted houses in our culture. And there are a lot of different social topics that you can weave through that sort of prism.

Vulture: You've compared the way you're working with the same actors in the second season of American Horror Story with Orson Welles's Mercury Theatre. But are you concerned about viewers being able to adjust to seeing the same actors in new roles?

Ryan Murphy: I think they will. I think that people will love seeing Evan Peters, who was last season's ultimate badass bad boy and this year is the hero of the show. It's not like the actors are playing similar parts. They're going to look different, they're going to sound different, they're going to have different accents. It's a different time period. The actors are so excited to do that and hopefully their enthusiasm will translate. I mean, I would pay to watch Jessica Lange read the phonebook. And she’s so the opposite of Constance this year. Like, if she was the wilting Blanche DuBois character, there’s not a shred of that now.

Vulture: How aggressive are you in pursuing the talent you want for your projects? You wrote Madonna a love letter to get her catalogue for Glee and Lange has said on more than one occasion that you swept her off her feet.

Ryan Murphy: Well, Chloe Sevigny is a perfect example where I had written this role that I really wanted her to play. I finagled a little and got her number, and I convinced her to meet with me and I said, "I love you for the following reasons, these are the reasons why I think you should play this role, and I kinda won't take no for an answer, so please ... " That’s how I do the show; I call people and say I've always loved your work, you have to play this part. I'm passionate about actors and I'm passionate about showing actors in different lights. She's playing a really screwed-up but very important part that she's never played before, and I think she responded to the fact that somebody saw that in her and was interested in bringing something else out.
Mad Poster
#86 Old 27th Oct 2012 at 9:11 PM
Has anyone been watching the new season? Just wondering what you think of it. I like it so far - the devil, aliens, etc. Jessica Lange's performance is great.
Mad Poster
#87 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 1:32 PM
I am LOVING it. It is so different from last year, which is good because you don't want to do the same thing over and over. It's scary and complicated and just plain fun!

Scholar
#88 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 2:26 PM
the new season is totally different in theme than the first, it has alien, exorcism, asylum, evil doctor, after 3 episodes I'm not yet sure what I'm watching about

The rest of my skins can be found in my blog
http://navetsea.blogspot.com
Mad Poster
#89 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 4:55 PM
But the first season was that way too, remember? The show answers the questions as it goes. It is GREAT so far.

Mad Poster
#90 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 7:02 PM
I agree, smorbie1 - the story this time around is really good. There's no other show like this on television. It always amazes me how much they manage to pack in an episode.
Mad Poster
#91 Old 4th Sep 2013 at 1:42 AM
The new season is starting October 9, so I thought I'd resurrect this thread.

American Horror Story: Coven plot details

Test Subject
#92 Old 24th Sep 2013 at 12:56 AM
I just want to throw my two cents in.

Someone said they felt stupid for thinking Tate was a twin. Well brother, you shouldn't feel stupid at all. Tate originally was intended to have an albino twin (not identical) brother, but the albino got cut out of the show for being deemed 'too scary'.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m...5hkx3o1_400.png
Mad Poster
#93 Old 24th Sep 2013 at 8:42 PM
It's hard to believe that there's anything they would think was 'too scary' for that show lol
Mad Poster
#94 Old 27th Sep 2013 at 5:38 PM Last edited by RoseCity : 5th Oct 2013 at 10:52 PM.
AHS Season 3 Opening Credits

Ryan Murphy May Spin Off AHS Season 3 Coven
Mad Poster
#95 Old 5th Oct 2013 at 10:55 PM Last edited by RoseCity : 15th Nov 2013 at 7:07 AM.
Ryan Murphy May Spin Off AHS Season 3 Coven

November 15,2013
Coven isn't as scary the first two seasons - which is good I guess for a change of pace. Not that you don't see shocking things. I love the minimalistic look of the school - sort of like the house in a dream.
One of the best things about the series and this season in particular are the many great roles for women - instead of the usual 'token woman' and 'half wit wealthy "housewife"'.
Lab Assistant
#96 Old 20th Nov 2013 at 4:41 PM
Anyone else loving Coven?
Scholar
#97 Old 20th Nov 2013 at 6:05 PM Last edited by Nemiga : 15th Dec 2013 at 12:36 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by JayKenz
Anyone else loving Coven?

MEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Third season much more interesting and darker than previous seasons.
Test Subject
#98 Old 23rd Nov 2013 at 10:23 PM
When Coven started I decided it was better than Season 1, and so far it has been. But last episode left me quite Meh, to put it eloquently. I still can't wait for a new episode though.
Scholar
#99 Old 23rd Jan 2014 at 3:24 AM
Coven seems to be suffering Murphyism like a lot of his other shows. Nothing but wasted potential on both the characters and storylines. A shame, I really liked it at the beginning.

The main problem is writing on the fly. That might work if you're writing a soap opera or some children's cartoon filled with annoying Very Special Episodes but when you're telling a story - especially one that has to be told within thirteen episodes - plan it out.
Mad Poster
#100 Old 23rd Jan 2014 at 7:28 PM
Re 'Murder House' - I got into the story very easily and then as the season went on sometimes the plot was very over the top with people getting killed or dying in the house left and right till it was hard to keep track of all the ghosts. Not that I didn't like the show, but I had to let go of logic and trying to explain everything and in the end I was left with some questions. 'Asylum' and 'Coven' are the opposite for me - it was hard in the beginning to buy into the premises and I wondered if I would be able to keep watching. But both times I got caught up in the stories.
I like how the show is kind of baroque and they throw in a lot of characters and stories and design. Also they get great actors. And I'm not going to get hypercritical because it's not like there's a lot of other shows I enjoy.
Page 4 of 5