Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 9:45 PM
No custom careers working? Help!
Hi guys,

for as long as I have had the Sims 4, I have NEVER been able to get a custom career to work.

The exact issue is thus: they show up fine in game, and my sim can join the custom career, but then they just will not go. I can try and force them in as many ways as possible but it never happens: it sits in their action queue for as long as I leave it there, and they'll do other stuff I tell them to do while the 'go to work' remains pending.

I come here because I suspect it could be one of two things (barring my game being broken, which I doubt).
1. I have another mod that prevents them from working. I've never found that to be the case but I nay have messed up when checking, so if you think that could be the cause, I'll check again.
2. I'm installing them wrong. I remember custom careers had to be installed differently to a regular mod in TS3 so I wondered if it's the same here and I'm being dumb.

Can anyone give me advice or recommendations? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Emil
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 2:09 PM
Scholar
#3 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 7:45 PM
I have never used custom careers, but you must use the ones around on your patch level, if your game is completely up to date, the last main patch changed a lot of things and you must use the latest versions that was built or updated on the latest patch level if they exist.

I would first try a maxis career, if sims won't go to work with one of those, then you can safety know you got a mod in there that's stopping them from working at all, then you need to find that first.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 6:48 AM
Script mods generally are one folder deep (max) in your mods folder. You also want to make sure all the parts of the career have been un-zipped and put in, and of course, that you have script mods enabled. Lastly, you want to make sure that you are not using careers that may conflict with each other.

Would you like to put up some screenshots of your mods folder?