Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Sep 2005 at 12:31 PM
Default Problems with Milkshape
I've been trying to modify some clothing meshes with Milkshape. In the actul program it looks like it is going alright as I have made the adjustments I need. THEN when I open up the mesh in Bodyshop...AHHHHH! WHat the f**** happened? There is head floating by itself and body bits flying everywhere! WHATS GOING ON?
Obviously any advice you can give me would me most appreciated as my only means of venting frustration at the moment is recreating my entire vocabulary into a single forum.
Please Help!
:insane: :insane:

Morning always comes. It's corny but its true.
But if you're eyes are closed it feels just like night.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 26th Sep 2005 at 12:56 PM
If you are using the .obj file format for your editing, there is a simple but strict rule you MUST follow:

You can do absolutely nothing to the mesh except select vertices and move them around - nothing more, no adding or removing parts, no adding or deleting of even a single vertex. Definately do not use any of the tools on the menus, do not weld anything together, do not try to combine parts of two meshes - just move vertices, that it. Otherwise your mesh will explode, as you have seen.

For MilkShape body mesh editing, Wes H's plugins are a much better way to go - a bit trickier to use, but much more flexibility.

See the sticky threads about them at the top of this forum.